Which champions should get minor tweaks for Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Random list of random things

  1. Minion waves are smaller in dominion (and at top do not really exist), meaning aoe spellvamp is less effective. A change to the AoE reduction effect of spellvamp would be nice (say 50% instead of 33%).
  2. For the above reason and something that has already been mentioned, Mordes shield is weaker here for the same reason (which is why his gameplay revolves around camping the tower + letting the wave stack).
  3. Vladmir/Mundo (especially Vlad) and to a much lesser extent Mordekaiser could do with a % reduction to the hp cost of their spells, or some form of bonus hp regen or similar (such as being immune to the healing debuff aura).
  4. Nasus/Viegar could do with their's Q getting damage IF they hits a champion with it, since farming it the "normal" way is never going to happen
  5. Shyvana needs her rage regen to be effected by CDR. Let's be honest here, her rage meter is just a glorified ulti cooldown that the enemy team knows about.
  6. The pets of Annie/Mordekaiser have rather derp AI, especially when trying to get them to attackmove. Better pet control in general would be nice, such as the ability to bind actual keys to pets instead of having them all locked to 1 button.
  7. Twisted Fate could do with his passive effecting champions or the gold from capturing towers on this map, just an idea. The minion gold thing is kinda crappy here.
  8. The spammy champions need to be hit hard and the only way todo that is to hit the mana aura. Make it a fixed mp/5 or better yet make it out of combat only. Champions should not have inf mana in combat, this is just dumb and is the main reason Yorick/Urgot/Kassadin/Etc are just pains to deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Champions that have a self heal component that is combat oriented seem to be fairly week due to the dominion aura (fiddlesticks, vlad, etc). I think making the dominion lifesteal aura not effect these kits would be a good step. Another solution would be to just do away with the aura completely and make a dominion lifesteal/vamp items be 20 percent less effective, while leaving their base kits unaffected.
No. Doing so buffs the already strong heals of Swain, Yorrick, Nunu, Khazix, etc which is the reason there is an aura and not weaker items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arance

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
Champions that have a self heal component that is combat oriented seem to be fairly week due to the dominion aura (fiddlesticks, vlad, etc). I think making the dominion lifesteal aura not effect these kits would be a good step. Another solution would be to just do away with the aura completely and make a dominion lifesteal/vamp items be 20 percent less effective, while leaving their base kits unaffected.
Vlad seems to be the only one of these who really suffers from the debuff, though. Fiddles does fine even with the debuff in smaller engagements, his biggest issue is he doesn't bring much to a group fight when his ult is on cooldown. Most champs with health gain kits manage fine.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

01-16-2013

I still personally think that Kassadin could be a bit more balanced if the mana cost for ultimate was increased on Dominion to make his teleport-enabled mobility a bit pricier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
I still personally think that Kassadin could be a bit more balanced if the mana cost for ultimate was increased on Dominion to make his teleport-enabled mobility a bit pricier.
That wouldn't do anything about his burst or stop him from abusing it out the gate, winning the teamfight and just recalling. Unless it scaled so rapidly that he called out at 3 jumps without having 6k mana, the rest of his kit needs to be altered.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sauron

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Champions that could really use tweaking for this map due to relying on certain SR mechanics:

-Cho'Gath -- Ult is unrealistic to maintain, and passive could be stronger.
-Gangplank -- Zero reason to Q minions ever.
-Mordekaiser -- While his shield isn't as efficient in this mode, he's not exactly struggling.
-Nasus -- Q stacking.
-Olaf -- If he uses E on a minion on an allied turret, the turret stops firing until Olaf moves out of range.
-Sion -- E stacking.
-Swain -- Could use higher return on passive.
-Twisted Fate -- Useless passive.
-Veigar -- Q stacking.

Also I remember CertainlyT saying that soul drops for Thresh will be higher in Dominion. It was a few days ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
That wouldn't do anything about his burst or stop him from abusing it out the gate, winning the teamfight and just recalling. Unless it scaled so rapidly that he called out at 3 jumps without having 6k mana, the rest of his kit needs to be altered.
Raise to 150 mana per stack. Kassadin now spends 300 more mana to reach 3 stacks, 500 more for 4 stacks...you get the idea. He has to work for his extra burst.

...Of course, I'm not exactly high elo for a reason...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Raise to 150 mana per stack. Kassadin now spends 300 more mana to reach 3 stacks, 500 more for 4 stacks...you get the idea. He has to work for his extra burst.

...Of course, I'm not exactly high elo for a reason...
Or just change/remove the mana aura so he doesnt get a 200% mana regen bonus when low on mana allowing him to spam it so much, or always having just enough to use his ulti to escape when his stacks expire.

There is no reason to change Kassadin to make him weaker in SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

01-16-2013

While Thresh is going to need a good middle ground between SR and Dom soul drops, us watch it carefully. Too few and thresh will feel weak, too many and a mode where people already build very tanky, thresh could see ridiculous levels of armor stacking. I already imagine he'll be very good on bot lane, especially as counter pick to ad champs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorUrsa

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidInsanity View Post
Or just change/remove the mana aura so he doesnt get a 200% mana regen bonus when low on mana allowing him to spam it so much, or always having just enough to use his ulti to escape when his stacks expire.

There is no reason to change Kassadin to make him weaker in SR.
Great idea. You'd be safely cutting the roster of viable champions in half by removing the aura that's making them remotely viable, just to stop the single most op champion on the map from abusing his ultimate, completely ignoring the rest of his kit and ultimately doing nothing about his mobility. He'd just have to manage it here and there.

Give this man a designer of the year award.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
Great idea. You'd be safely cutting the roster of viable champions in half by removing the aura that's making them remotely viable, just to stop the single most op champion on the map from abusing his ultimate, completely ignoring the rest of his kit and ultimately doing nothing about his mobility. He'd just have to manage it here and there.

Give this man a designer of the year award.
Name me a single champion that needs a passive 200% mana regen bonus to be viable.