Eve nerf explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-16-2013

Somewhere around here there's a red post.. blahblahblah

basically for those who can't read between the lines, eve is able to do a few things but they want her to be specialized and for her ability to be used a certain way or as they said they want her to use it the "right way"

This doesn't explain the hatespike nerf, that was probably related to other changes.

For real eve players that don't suck at eve and don't suck at playing the assassin role, only the hatespike nerf and any nerfs to her max hp should be a huge issue.

o 3o unfortunately I won't be able to play eve very well for a while lol

MysteryNebula

01-16-2013

True that.

X74

01-16-2013

I just fail to see why what riot thinks is unconventional, or not how they "want their champion to be played" is a bad thing. If the way that it's done works for the same outcome, what's so "wrong" about it as opposed to the "right" thing to do, and if the "wrong" strategy works better, why wasn't she designed otherwise? Eve was a squishy who ran around assassinating things before and she's doing it now despite the nerfs. I've always considered her a huge threat even when people had the idea she was completely worthless (not to justify the nerfing going on though).

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
I just fail to see why what riot thinks is unconventional, or not how they "want their champion to be played" is a bad thing. If the way that it's done works for the same outcome, what's so "wrong" about it as opposed to the "right" thing to do, and if the "wrong" strategy works better, why wasn't she designed otherwise? Eve was a squishy who ran around assassinating things before and she's doing it now despite the nerfs. I've always considered her a huge threat even when people had the idea she was completely worthless (not to justify the nerfing going on though).
some specif champs are designed for creative play surrounding a specific function.

AS was nerfed and Eve's steroid was unchanged
Her early MS steroid was also boosted
Her damage was assassinlike which is fine

But her "thing" is stealth and she's not pressed to be sneaky and efficient. This isn't something shocking and terrible. But it is arguably "uncool" and from a game design standpoint this can be considered sloppy and pathetic. Basically the more rigid her other abilities are the more focus that goes into her main gimmick. They chose to make her ult sexy as opposed to convenient. At max hp it will do the same damage its always done. Against targets she should actually be focusing the change wont make much difference. She will have a harder time stealing jungle buffs I suppose.

The only real issue here is the CD and hatespike. The new CD makes each use a harder choice as intended, the hatespike damage reduction is a whole seperate story and probably nerfed for a different reason.

Shockforce

01-16-2013

Still does not explain why they nerfed hate spike, nerfed ravage, and nerfed the ult severely in 3 different ways(1.5x longer cooldown, 150 less range, and now current health.); each of those nerfs would have been reasonable individually but not together.

If anything why did they not remove the shield instead and slightly reduce the range she can be detected from.

That would have made her more assassin-like.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockforce View Post
Still does not explain why they nerfed hate spike, nerfed ravage, and nerfed the ult severely in 3 different ways(1.5x longer cooldown, 150 less range, and now current health.); each of those nerfs would have been reasonable individually but not together.

If anything why did they not remove the shield instead and slightly reduce the range she can be detected from.

That would have made her more assassin-like.
because then it would be harder to dive and the vision range would just make her annoying. I like the range as is, I wouldnt mind if it was a bit bigger.

Ravage gives AS which has different gold values in s3 and they improved the AD ratios.
Hatespike was actually made stronger with higher AD ratios.

The new patch is a nerf to follow you around and faceroll eve and a very nice buff to dunk them and gtfo eve.

This is a nerf to uncoordinated, badlytimed, undisciplined failburst eve
This is a buff to proper well executed assassin Eve

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-16-2013

the probable reasoning behind the range where eve can be seen.. stalking ppl should take some skill and it creates a sort of information war minigame. Also it increases her skillcap. If they can see you its fight or flight time usually

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
some specif champs are designed for creative play surrounding a specific function.

AS was nerfed and Eve's steroid was unchanged
Her early MS steroid was also boosted
Her damage was assassinlike which is fine

But her "thing" is stealth and she's not pressed to be sneaky and efficient. This isn't something shocking and terrible. But it is arguably "uncool" and from a game design standpoint this can be considered sloppy and pathetic. Basically the more rigid her other abilities are the more focus that goes into her main gimmick. They chose to make her ult sexy as opposed to convenient. At max hp it will do the same damage its always done. Against targets she should actually be focusing the change wont make much difference. She will have a harder time stealing jungle buffs I suppose.

The only real issue here is the CD and hatespike. The new CD makes each use a harder choice as intended, the hatespike damage reduction is a whole seperate story and probably nerfed for a different reason.
If by "sexy" you mean cool looking but totally worthless for an assassin, then yes.

Paladin22

01-16-2013

I don't mind them nerfing the range, if you play right you can just W to them blow your Ult then get away. The issue I have is her Ult is just plain useless now.

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin22 View Post
I don't mind them nerfing the range, if you play right you can just W to them blow your Ult then get away. The issue I have is her Ult is just plain useless now.
It's basically not an assassin ult anymore. It's a weaksauce version of Malphite's ult or something.