Here is why the LoL community appears bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KatarinaCatKitty

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
I disagree with one part of your post.

The people don't stay silent, they chime in when they see you make a mistake and have a go at criticizing you as well.

For instance: in a game last night I was Ashe. I built Black Cleaver after BT. Hecarim starts raging in all chat calling me a scrub. Everyone is silent for a bit. Then I get five man ganked in bot lane while I'm farming (which is my mistake, and I apologised) and at that point the Wukong starts all chatting how bad I am.

I politely say that the only reason I built Black Cleaver is because the enemy team consists of Taric, Naut, garen, and Ryze, and then mute everybody on my team.

Continue to carry game.

So although I agree there are way too many ragers, they are easily countered by the mute button that everybody is so hesitant to hit.
Problem with the mute button, a few problems actually. One, once hit you are unable to see ally pings, so even if the allies are talking trash but giving you helpful pings you will be unable to see them. Two if you dont mute them at the beginning before anyone even talks the damage will be done. Once you see someone rageing at you even if you mute them you will play worse then you would of before the raging started. If you mute them before the talking starts then you will be unable to talk with them when needed and they may turn out to be good.

InertBlowfish

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGoodGuyGreg View Post
Last Whisper does more than Black Cleaver.
Catch the entire enemy team with Ashe's Volley, and you have some serious armour shred happening.

XDG Rev

01-16-2013

http://rizeupgaming.com/ ill jsut leave this here

Comrade281

01-16-2013

I agree, if anything it may make the target of ridicule not join in the ragefest if not stop the toxic player.

wesleyq

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

people join in and bash the player doing badly a lot of the time sadly.

i've watched my level 15 friend play and there are a lot of bad players also bash others for the oddest reasons even when they are playing bad too. i don't understand just why there are so many angry people in this game

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
Catch the entire enemy team with Ashe's Volley, and you have some serious armour shred happening.
Armor Pen with LW is instant, you don't need to stack it up.

This is helpful especially late game.

Nekonomicon

01-16-2013

Bumping for a good reason

batosia95136

01-16-2013

I normally only stand up for my friends, but I've found a fairly simple shutdown.

Me: Hey, *champion name* can you stop being a dick?
Me: I mean, you don't have to take the phrase "you are what you eat" literally.

Or some variation of that. It actually works a surprising number of times.

XDG Rev

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleyq View Post
people join in and bash the player doing badly a lot of the time sadly.

i've watched my level 15 friend play and there are a lot of bad players also bash others for the oddest reasons even when they are playing bad too. i don't understand just why there are so many angry people in this game

i think its disgusting and i know i am far from perfect but if you have any low level friends get them to hit me up my company/website is to make the communites of all gamign better and id be proud to help

Kroda13

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
I normally only stand up for my friends, but I've found a fairly simple shutdown.

Me: Hey, *champion name* can you stop being a dick?
Me: I mean, you don't have to take the phrase "you are what you eat" literally.

Or some variation of that. It actually works a surprising number of times.
and then you will be coming here asking why you got a ban lol

the best solution is to just ignore them but keep calling mias and stuff like that in game. At the end of the game just report them.