Here is why the LoL community appears bad

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niqhtmare x

01-16-2013

I know for a fact, that there are way more nice people in this community, but that almost every person I see, thinks this community is sht.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why? Because the ragers and trolls and illogical whiners of the community are the vocal ones. They go out of their own way in order to cause other people to feel bad for no reason. Meanwhile, the good people in this community stay silent.

Also, even if only 10% of the community is mean spirited, that can mean that 100% of games contain an unkind soul, who will ruin the game for at least 4 other members on his team.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do we solve this? The good people in this community need to stand up for themselves and others.
Do you know how many times I have seen an illogical rager start yelling at someone in game for no reason? And then nobody on the team says anything. They sit back and dont tell the rager to stop, and they dont stand up for the victim of this abuse.

Please, if you guys want the league community to be portrayed differently, you need to stand up for yourself as well as others. Hopefully, one day this community will be stereotyped by the 90% of the community who are good people, and not by the 10% of toxic players.

Oak Daddy

01-16-2013

Please sticky this post.

With yo J|ZZ.

Niqhtmare x

01-16-2013

bamp

roswends

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

**** *** ******** **** ********* **********!!!!!!!

It's just asterisks.

ThatGoodGuyGreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

The reason why I stay silent to illogical ragers/trolls because they are not worth my time and energy.

But good thread nonetheless.

Niqhtmare x

01-16-2013

InertBlowfish

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niqhtmare x View Post
I know for a fact, that there are way more nice people in this community, but that almost every person I see, thinks this community is sht.

Why? Because the ragers and trolls and illogical whiners of the community are the vocal ones. They go out of their own way in order to cause other people to feel bad for no reason. Meanwhile, the good people in this community stay silent.

Also, even if only 10% of the community is mean spirited, that can mean that 100% of games contain an unkind soul, who will ruin the game for at least 4 other members on his team.

How do we solve this? The good people in this community need to stand up for themselves and others.
Do you know how many times I have seen an illogical rager start yelling at someone in game for no reason? And then nobody on the team says anything. They sit back and dont tell the rager to stop, and they dont stand up for the victim of this abuse.

Please, if you guys want the league community to be portrayed differently, you need to stand up for yourself as well as others. Hopefully, one day this community will be stereotyped by the 90% of the community who are good people, and not by the 10% of toxic players.
I disagree with one part of your post.

The people don't stay silent, they chime in when they see you make a mistake and have a go at criticizing you as well.

For instance: in a game last night I was Ashe. I built Black Cleaver after BT. Hecarim starts raging in all chat calling me a scrub. Everyone is silent for a bit. Then I get five man ganked in bot lane while I'm farming (which is my mistake, and I apologised) and at that point the Wukong starts all chatting how bad I am.

I politely say that the only reason I built Black Cleaver is because the enemy team consists of Taric, Naut, Garen, and Ryze, and then mute everybody on my team.

Continue to carry game.

So although I agree there are way too many ragers, they are easily countered by the mute button that everybody is so hesitant to hit.

Kemmax

01-16-2013

dont tell the rager what to do or stfu, he can report u and get banned for it. true story, sadly

ThatGoodGuyGreg

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertBlowfish View Post
I disagree with one part of your post.

The people don't stay silent, they chime in when they see you make a mistake and have a go at criticizing you as well.

For instance: in a game last night I was Ashe. I built Black Cleaver after BT. Hecarim starts raging in all chat calling me a scrub. Everyone is silent for a bit. Then I get five man ganked in bot lane while I'm farming (which is my mistake, and I apologised) and at that point the Wukong starts all chatting how bad I am.

I politely say that the only reason I built Black Cleaver is because the enemy team consists of Taric, Naut, garen, and Ryze, and then mute everybody on my team.

Continue to carry game.

So although I agree there are way too many ragers, they are easily countered by the mute button that everybody is so hesitant to hit.
Last Whisper does more than Black Cleaver.

I See Stars

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaksheri View Post
Please sticky this post.

With yo J|ZZ.
Grade A post sir, must have taken you hours to construct that beauty.