Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think Nidalee is out of hand atm.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xavderion

01-17-2013

Quote:
EinedisSoPro:
Oh where to begin. The QQ in this thread is laughable. Nidalee.... really...

I play AP Nidalee on Dominion a good amount because she was my favorite from SR. Incoming QQ defense.

Her movement has always been good. It's useful for running for your life after the 4v4 you just made a 3v4 because you can't go anywhere near the fight for fear of instantly dieing. Sorry she MIGHT be able to out run you so you can't get the 4th kill.

As AP, your cat form is garbage. It's used to kill steal and finish off a severely wounded target that you probably should have let someone else kill.

She brings not much to an assault, aside from throwing spears at players holding the cap who should easily avoid them unless they Hellen Keller.

So she brings traps to the table. If you are eating so many spears to think she is OP, you are bad. If you think traps + BFT is enough to make her OP, you are bad. Does any top player think Nidalee is anything but a Tier 2 top champ AT most with the right team in front of her?

You so pro son, please teach us all how to dodge spears.

jars

01-17-2013

move speed is easier to get though. 10% on sweeper and +15 on boots.

lRockSteadyl

01-17-2013

Those traps are **** alright. At the very least that 12 second duration on the trap has to be reduced, it's so dumb especially on Dominion. The spears are another story along with her ability to get away from pretty much any champion, in general you have to pretty much waste everything to have a small sliver of a chance to catch her(not kill her).

This game has fallen crazy lately, it's still fun but so broken, they really need to do a huge balace patch.

BROSEPHIROTH

01-18-2013

Quote:
grifbomber:
the trash way to play nid now is to sit in the bush behind the windmill and chunk spears whenever someone tries to take it. you can see how this obviously makes for fair gameplay. ap nid players never fight unless they're caught they just hide and throw for half your health.

pro way to play imo. not.

Check out this scrub. Nidalee is strong, yes. How is it not pro to play strong champions and use effective strategies?

God this thread is whiny as ****. Some good posts here but it's mostly teenage ****s going "ugh she spear me??? nerf pls"

Kholdstare13

01-18-2013

Every teemo player has switched to nid. They love their blackfire traps too much. The changes to pen and defenses do make nid much harder to deal with (and the invisible spear glitch is back). You used to be able to buy a negatron cloak and rush to take her down when she stepped out alone without much fear. Now that MR does roughly nothing against her, and her flat mobility makes a bigger impact. I also can't find a team that understands positioning, map awareness, not chasing, teamfight basics, sticking together and not rushing top alone as soon as you spawn, or how to position for ganks even when her location is obvious and she is alone.

General Quackers

01-18-2013

This is Nid's bot lane:

- Pounce out of bush
- E > Q > Pounce away back in to bush > R > E > Q while running away
- Repeat until carrying the game

Nidalee can't be caught, and I mean that literally.

BROSEPHIROTH

01-18-2013

Hahah mass downvotes because I called someone out on whining about a strat that's been around since long, long before Blackfire Torch. Precious.

When did the Dominion community turn from people who played to win into this collection of whiny scrub teenagers?

REAL PROS play Karma, because picking strong champions totally isn't part of playing well.

nukular power

01-18-2013

I play Karma a lot, actually

The BFT + trap thing isn't exactly exclusive to Nidalee. It shouldn't work on ANY traps, including Nid or Teemos.

Implying that there is something new about hiding above Windmill throwing spears is a little disingenuous though, since that is pretty much what Nid always did, and is just as annoying when it's a Ziggs, Zyra, Ezreal, Lux, or whatever other poke champion is up there. I would definately rather face a Nidalee than a Kassadin, for whatever that's worth.

AK47WOLF

01-22-2013

bumpity

Warlord Buwberry

01-22-2013

Yes nid is strong if you walk into her domain. Go for bot ganks or stay on opposite side of the minions to avoid spear poke. I see alot of people run right into traps that are clearly visible on the ground. Dodge dem traps and stay outta obvious spear throwing zones/buy hextech sweeper to find her above the tower or in the jungle before a spear hits your face. She's strong, but not op. She sucks in a straight up fight if you all are still at full health at the engage