Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think Nidalee is out of hand atm.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skulleer

01-17-2013

The only champions I want to see less when I hit the summoning screen are Kass and Teemo.

When I face a team that has all 3...fun by me will not be had.

radicalratx

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ka0tiK:
Lux can do this even better. It is something you have to account for based on the matchup. If you see either of them, or any long range poker for that matter, on the other team then you cap from the lowest spot you can stand and be ready to dodge the shot if you think they may be up there. Or check the bushes first as suggested above, but you will probably get popped rounding the corner to check.

I am honestly amazed how all of a sudden people are crying OP about Nid when there are quite a few champs over her I would rather not have on the other team.

Lux's Q and E still doesn't match Nid's spear. One spear can easy drop you from 50% health. Who likes getting one-shotted at half life?

Lux is one of my favorite champs and I'm pretty good with her, but while I do my fair share of damage, my strength lies in my utility.

A Lux that gets caught by more than one person is a dead Lux. Nid can escape two people who don't have long-range hard CC quite easily.

OxBaker

01-17-2013

Totally agree they should do something about her. She's in the top three annoying champs for me to play against exactly for the reasons expressed. And really "annoying" doesn't cover it. Unmanageable really is more accurate.

Ka0tiK

01-17-2013

Quote:
radicalratx:
Lux's Q and E still doesn't match Nid's spear. One spear can easy drop you from 50% health. Who likes getting one-shotted at half life?

Lux is one of my favorite champs and I'm pretty good with her, but while I do my fair share of damage, my strength lies in my utility.

A Lux that gets caught by more than one person is a dead Lux. Nid can escape two people who don't have long-range hard CC quite easily.

I was referencing her ability to stop caps from above the node. Nids spears definitely do more damage.

TechPrince

01-17-2013

1600+ damage from one spear.. you can dodge only if you see it.

EinedisSoPro

01-17-2013

Oh where to begin. The QQ in this thread is laughable. Nidalee.... really...

I play AP Nidalee on Dominion a good amount because she was my favorite from SR. Incoming QQ defense.

Her movement has always been good. It's useful for running for your life after the 4v4 you just made a 3v4 because you can't go anywhere near the fight for fear of instantly dieing. Sorry she MIGHT be able to out run you so you can't get the 4th kill.

As AP, your cat form is garbage. It's used to kill steal and finish off a severely wounded target that you probably should have let someone else kill.

She brings not much to an assault, aside from throwing spears at players holding the cap who should easily avoid them unless they Hellen Keller.

So she brings traps to the table. If you are eating so many spears to think she is OP, you are bad. If you think traps + BFT is enough to make her OP, you are bad. Does any top player think Nidalee is anything but a Tier 2 top champ AT most with the right team in front of her?

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ka0tiK:

I do see your point when you take BFT, healing changes, and move speed changes into account she got quite the little boost recently, but I stick to my statement that there are a number of champs that are harder to deal with and I just think tagging her as OP means Jayce, Kha'z, etc. need a title above OP.

Well, for the record, I don't disagree with you. Jayce and KZ among others are disgustingly overpowered.

Kenzo84

01-17-2013

well if a part of the map would not make some of her spears completly invisible until right before it hit you and making it impossible to dodge. it would help.
Traps should be toned down because new penetration etc..

Ukaei

01-17-2013

Quote:
AK47WOLF:
The changes to movement speed acquisition in the game I think has pushed Nidalee over the mobility edge. Strategically using brush for the MS boost as well as her passive cougar MS boost and Pounce has always been an integral part of her design, and made her incredibly difficult to catch.

I think though, with the MS nerf to most items, Nidalee's speed is out of hand now. Even if she gets caught she is still getting away because of Pounce and the high amount of free MS in her kit. If you catch her, she turns to human form, tosses a spear, heals, and goes right back into cougar. Any slows you have on her are negligible because of Pounce, and you now have zero chance of catching up to her outside of summoner spells. Also speed shrines.

This coupled with the fact that her traps are giving her unfair BFT/Laundry procs in addition to lowering MR by a Void Staff +5% and the new mpen calculation, Nidalee is putting out too much damage in a fight without actually being there, and furthermore the impossibility of catching her in addition to all of this is simply too much.

Spam Kass games.

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
EinedisSoPro:
Oh where to begin. The QQ in this thread is laughable. Nidalee.... really...

I play AP Nidalee on Dominion a good amount because she was my favorite from SR. Incoming QQ defense.

Her movement has always been good. It's useful for running for your life after the 4v4 you just made a 3v4 because you can't go anywhere near the fight for fear of instantly dieing. Sorry she MIGHT be able to out run you so you can't get the 4th kill.

As AP, your cat form is garbage. It's used to kill steal and finish off a severely wounded target that you probably should have let someone else kill.

She brings not much to an assault, aside from throwing spears at players holding the cap who should easily avoid them unless they Hellen Keller.

So she brings traps to the table. If you are eating so many spears to think she is OP, you are bad. If you think traps + BFT is enough to make her OP, you are bad. Does any top player think Nidalee is anything but a Tier 2 top champ AT most with the right team in front of her?

You're a Nidalee player who cannot appreciate what she brings to the table. You must understand that there is more to Nidalee than your perspective of the matter. Just because you think everyone should be able to dodge every spear because they are slow doesn't hold water. Ezreal players just say to dodge his skills, and we know how that actually works in practice. In Nid's case, you're discrediting the people you fight against. 80% of the time your spears are thrown from the jungle or some other condition that involves fog of war. "Just dodge it." doesn't cut it I'm afraid. They also have a forgiving hitbox.

I don't believe that the BFT traps alone make her overpowered. However, I do believe this is an oversight of the ability's intent, and is simply to powerful. Allow me to explain. Before BFT, Nidalee's traps were her lowest damage source. After BFT, Nidalee's traps are her second most damaging ability. There is no similar case of ability alteration in this game. It's an oversight. It's inappropriate for an ability that gives a Void Staff and vision for a massive amount of time to also do insane damage.

One of the biggest balancing factors in balancing squishy, high-damaging champions is that if they get caught, it's over for them. With the new movement changes, Nidalee is no longer punished if she gets caught - IF she gets caught.

I'm disappointed that you consider the content in this thread mere QQ. I highly suspect that you aren't a very good Nidalee player or that you have difficulty seeing things from the perspective of others.