Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I think Nidalee is out of hand atm.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

01-16-2013

The changes to movement speed acquisition in the game I think has pushed Nidalee over the mobility edge. Strategically using brush for the MS boost as well as her passive cougar MS boost and Pounce has always been an integral part of her design, and made her incredibly difficult to catch.

I think though, with the MS nerf to most items, Nidalee's speed is out of hand now. Even if she gets caught she is still getting away because of Pounce and the high amount of free MS in her kit. If you catch her, she turns to human form, tosses a spear, heals, and goes right back into cougar. Any slows you have on her are negligible because of Pounce, and you now have zero chance of catching up to her outside of summoner spells. Also speed shrines.

This coupled with the fact that her traps are giving her unfair BFT/Laundry procs in addition to lowering MR by a Void Staff +5% and the new mpen calculation, Nidalee is putting out too much damage in a fight without actually being there, and furthermore the impossibility of catching her in addition to all of this is simply too much.

TechPrince

01-17-2013

Armor & Magic Resist Reduction: 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% for 12 seconds. I think they forgot to modify them after penetration changes... Not to mention it reveals us for damn high duration.

Eloquid

01-17-2013

Yeah Nidalee deals just too much damage with that poke. Easy to dodge? Errrr.... no. It has ****in wide aoe, like it's ****ing beam, not a spear.

grifbomber

01-17-2013

the trash way to play nid now is to sit in the bush behind the windmill and chunk spears whenever someone tries to take it. you can see how this obviously makes for fair gameplay. ap nid players never fight unless they're caught they just hide and throw for half your health.

pro way to play imo. not.

Geekweezul

01-17-2013

Quote:
grifbomber:
the trash way to play nid now is to sit in the bush behind the windmill and chunk spears whenever someone tries to take it. you can see how this obviously makes for fair gameplay. ap nid players never fight unless they're caught they just hide and throw for half your health.

Check the bush before capping?

TechPrince

01-17-2013

Quote:
Geekweezul:
Check the bush before capping?

And get hit by another spear + trap while doing it

Ka0tiK

01-17-2013

Quote:
grifbomber:

Lux can do this even better. It is something you have to account for based on the matchup. If you see either of them, or any long range poker for that matter, on the other team then you cap from the lowest spot you can stand and be ready to dodge the shot if you think they may be up there. Or check the bushes first as suggested above, but you will probably get popped rounding the corner to check.

I am honestly amazed how all of a sudden people are crying OP about Nid when there are quite a few champs over her I would rather not have on the other team.

smXho

01-17-2013

Quote:
TechPrince:
And get hit by another spear + trap while doing it

you ate a trap, unfortunately it has BFT attached to it and you get pounced for so much damage because you know, you have 0 MR left from the trap, then do you decide to chase or run away, to chase is impossible to catch her, to run away means you get speared

AK47WOLF

01-17-2013

Quote:
Ka0tiK:

I am honestly amazed how all of a sudden people are crying OP about Nid when there are quite a few champs over her I would rather not have on the other team.

Nidalee's mechanics on Dominion have always been, and I stress, manageably overpowered. Her range and speed with the shrines ensured that she was never caught unless she wanted to be.

With the S3 item changes and penetration changes, Nidalee is not manageable. You don't benefit from ignoring her (this used to work), and you never benefit from chasing her. Now with BFT and company, you can't ignore her OR catch her. And the damage she does take she simply heals as she's running. Human form>Spear Chuck>Trap>Heal>Cougar in under a couple seconds. If you still have health she runs and you don't catch her. If you're low she turns around and executes you.

Ka0tiK

01-17-2013

I am not sure how you could just ignore her before since those spears still hit like a brick to the face before the season changed, the traps did everything they do now minus the added dmg from BFT, and she was as you admitted always hard to catch. I will give you that the healing changes made her and every other character with a heal just a little better, but I don't think it was game breaking. The effects BFT had on her is a moot point since pretty much every AP got a boost from that. If there is one point I agree with you fully on it is that move speed changes benefited her a lot more than other champs.

I do see your point when you take BFT, healing changes, and move speed changes into account she got quite the little boost recently, but I stick to my statement that there are a number of champs that are harder to deal with and I just think tagging her as OP means Jayce, Kha'z, etc. need a title above OP.