Eve nerf explained

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonheath291 View Post
See, this is only possible when not playing with all the scrub pub players. If you are playing with a full team communicating on Skype/Raidcall/Teamspeak/Ventrillo this happens but not with the normals that play this game. Hell last night I had a malphite use his ultimate after the rest of our team was dead. He didn't get any kills. He just plain died. Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's aren't enough to save you from 5 people piling you =.= Only morons use W before a CC was cast on you.

Yes I watched the patch preview. I heard them say they didn't want it being used as an execution. I understand that. But they screwed up the damage for the people that DIDNT use it to execute. I used it to catch up to players running away, or who flashed to try and get away. It's her only CC since they took the stun away and now people just run away without a problem because I can't keep them close enough to die.
Your Q gives you movespeed once you have ranks in W, you should be carrying flash and maybe even exhaust, a slow when they start running is going to put the exact same gap between you and them as a slow after they've flashed, I just ult an enemy, DFG and cast Q while running PAST them, so that in order to flash away from me they have to move towards my team.

W resets on kill/assist, if you're going to be getting a kill/assist within a second of using W, and W only removes slows, not any other form of CC, so holding it till you get CCd is dumb, especially since your range to center of AoE for Agony is smaller than your stealth range now, you need W to get into kill range before you're noticed, or your enemy has time to react. If you initiate with W -> R on an enemy carry from A) outside detection range when you W and B) an angle where the enemy team isn't between you and said carry your W will be up almost immediately. The whole point of W refreshing on kill/assist is that you get it back when you get a kill/assist, it eliminates the need to hold it.

Awfully Beast

01-17-2013

The eve nerf was totally needed!! OMG... its a joke to say she didnt need a nerf. Her assassin role? what a joke. Her ult did 25% (this is its base dmg w/o any items like DFG) of every targets MAXIMUM HP... what a joke... idc who you are, thats OP. thats really the only nerf she need though. the others could probably be justified if i actually looked at the other ones... i was SO HAPPY when i saw her ult nerf i didnt even care. rofl.

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

The Eve nerfs were great, she gets a bit more for AD, slightly lower base numbers on her E and has to use her ult situationally. It was only a nerf to people who didn't understand her playstyle at all.

Jonheath291

01-17-2013

Once you activate your W you are no longer stealthed. So that already pokes a huge hole in your plan. And since when does her W reset on kills/assists? It's never done that for me so I would love to know where you found that out.

The Cooldown and Range nerfs WERE justified. They ****ed her over with the ult. Now she's better off just building fricken bruiser and no ap otherwise she gets raped as soon as she pops the ult

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

Every single thing you just said was incorrect, except "Once you activate your W you are no longer stealthed"

It doesn't poke a hole in my plan because, I'll say it again because apparently you don't read, you cast it just as you hit stealth range (700) to close that 50-100 unit gap before your enemy can react, cast your ult and kill the carry, your W resets and you can leave

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Evelynn

PASSIVE: Evelynn's spell hits on enemy champions grant her bonus movement speed for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED PER STACK: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20
ACTIVE: Evelynn removes all slows affecting her, gains bonus movement speed for 3 seconds and ignores unit collision. Champion kills and assists refresh Dark Frenzy's cooldown.

It's not bugged either, I use it almost every kill/assist, you just haven't been paying attention.

Jonheath291

01-17-2013

yes i never noticed her W refreshing on kills. They hid that nicely at the bottom of the skill, that was my bad

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

Go play a game as Eve, build DFG and boots of mobility, follow up with Abyssal then Rylais (or Rylais then Abyssal) and play as an initiating assassin rather than a cleanup crew. Trust me on this, give it a try, you'll have great results, just make sure you recast your W when you get that squishy dead and get out. Once focus switches back to the rest of your team run back in and put down some AoE damage with Q.

Jonheath291

01-17-2013

AD eve works well. Frozen Mallet and they aren't getting away AND you don't die when going in =.=

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-17-2013

btw, even if W glitches and doesnt refresh.

Its passive will still make you faster

ChampAtog

01-17-2013

Well, yes, optimally, no. AP Eve is still a dominant force, she's just not a must pick/ban champion. It's fine if you want to play her as AD, but if you say something like "They ****ed her over with the ult. Now she's better off just building fricken bruiser and no ap otherwise she gets raped as soon as she pops the ult" which is both untrue and extraordinarily childish you just come across as a whiner who wants Riot to win games for you. AP Eve is still stronger than AD Eve, AD Eve is still viable, but no longer completely overshadowed by AP Eve, Hybrid Eve has a reason to exist now as well.