How would you handle this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

01-16-2013

I was playing as Riven and went top with my 3 allies as per the usual. Lux went bot against a Malzahar. Lux was struggling against Malzahar and nearly lost bot several times, so I preemptively ganked and killed Malzahar multiple times.

A member of my team, noticing that I was helping our bot, told me in a condescending way to "not run this two people bot thing", followed by a "^" from one of my other allies in agreement with him. I was also accused of being a bad teammate by the same person for assisting our struggling bot lane.

I switched with Lux and destroyed Malz, capped his bot multiple times, 19/6, and had the highest score in the game. Throughout the game when Lux (who was grateful for me helping her, I assume) said gj and such when I killed Malz. I said no, I'm doing badly (in a condescending way), because I wanted to get back at the ally who accused me of being a bad teammate. I didn't flaunt my score, but in fact one or two people said in the post-game lobby that "Riven was the only reason we/you won."

Basically I'm curious how you handle people who accuse you of bad decisions/playing poorly when you have to help bot. Because when your bot lane dies and you divert down there to keep your point from being capped, your allies engage in a 3v4 up top and start pointing fingers.

I refuse to believe I am a detriment for briefly helping the bot laner (in the form of a gank or wave hold until they respawn) when they are struggling. There are certain push lanes that almost always require ganks/saves.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Prior to lane switching, when you ganked Malz bot were you capping the bot tower too? If so, nothing wrong with that. However, if they had sufficient time to bring a 2nd person bot and protect the tower from you and Lux and your top team was still failing at windmill, the better move might have been to just suggest a lane switch outright so you had 4 top.

It doesn't sound like you did anything strategically wrong, but its hard to tell given only 1 side of the story. Ganking is effective, but you need to cap that bot lane when you do otherwise its just more time lost trying to recapture top.