Five Teams Ascend to Pro from LCS NA Qualifier

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrensby

01-16-2013

I hope they all continue to get better; NA needs a better showing in the championship than its showing in Season 2. Right now...I honestly can't see any of them beating the high caliber Asian and European teams.

A U L

01-16-2013

glad Curse made it. They seemed so sad at the thought of not making it

mambawarrior0

01-16-2013

LoLchampseries is Riot's channel?
What?!?!!?
How did I not know that?

Riderman10

01-16-2013

watch my video in youtube pls! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9VoslNVtig

DevilMayFriki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Still cant believe Cloud 9 lose to Azure Gamin... man, those guys really make me sad, hope to see those new teams and their progress through the season 3

CrankyFilipino

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Okay.. so I didn't really pay attention until now.. they set up league.. to be sort of like.. really a league.. with the teams being members such as a team to the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL etc right? I just got it when it said the days they would compete.. hehe.. cool..

Shockforce

01-16-2013

Interesting outcomes.

Runix

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrula View Post
Okay.. so I didn't really pay attention until now.. they set up league.. to be sort of like.. really a league.. with the teams being members such as a team to the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL etc right? I just got it when it said the days they would compete.. hehe.. cool..
Yes, that's the idea. There's a defined league of eight North American teams that will play against each other on a weekly basis and that will maintain rankings based on the results; and members of each team receive a full salary and are professional agents just like professional sports players.

One major difference: unlike pro sports leagues, the teams in the League have to maintain their standing every season. The top four (I think) teams for every season based on official results will be safe, and will be guaranteed to go through to the next season; while the bottom four will have to compete with amateur teams coming up out of the ranked ladder and out of local tournaments in order to make it to another season.

To use a pro sports analogy, it would be like the bottom-ranked pro sports teams having to compete with minor league teams in between seasons just to stay in the pro league. [Insert Washington Wizards joke here.]

banlakayu

01-17-2013

to riot plsss fix vi i cant play now im using him but there is a lot of bug

Donny Doom

01-17-2013

What an amazing Qualifier, and a sneak preview of the season to come! Keep it coming Riot!