Anti Troll Initiative!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestHamCannonNA

02-02-2013

i dont like the notion of putting them back levels because then that makes it so that players who have never seen a ranked match get hated on HARD by the influx of reduced accounts. That would make it so that every player who comes into the game sees the last 5 levels as the absolute antichrist, and would contemplate quitting. It does take a while, and that would most undoubtedly be a larger punishment for the future of the game.

LARK INC

02-03-2013

This is an exceptionally good idea and I support it fully, Riot needs to sticky this and pay full attention to it. Many many times I have thought of just 4 voting the one troll to ban him for a while with more permanent consequences if it happens often. It would cut down on the rate of people trolling so very much. Riot PLEASE give this idea some considerations and take an official consensus on how welcome the idea is to the community.

Scruffy DireWolf

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by senorfrauncee View Post
i dont like the notion of putting them back levels because then that makes it so that players who have never seen a ranked match get hated on HARD by the influx of reduced accounts. That would make it so that every player who comes into the game sees the last 5 levels as the absolute antichrist, and would contemplate quitting. It does take a while, and that would most undoubtedly be a larger punishment for the future of the game.
A very good point Senofrauncee! And as always I do appreciate your feedback on this issue.

In light of your comment I believe that instead of actually dropping the players lvl to 25 to play with other up-rising players there should instead be a certain amount of experience they gain similar to lvling from 25-30 but they queue with lvl 30 players and still have their masteries as if 30.

For example their profile would say 30/25 and as they lvl 30/26 and 30/27 and so on.

The concept behind making them lvl back up to 30 was for a few reasons

1.) To give the player a visual punishment that they are constantly reminded of.
2.) Keep them seperated from the ranked community while still allowing them to work on there in-game manners.
3.) Allow them to realize that trolling and being toxic has a serious consequence.

Hope this solves the issue you have noted! Thank you again for your suggestion.

Scruffy DireWolf

02-04-2013

Thank you for you support Majr Domo!

BillyTheAttorney

02-17-2013

I'll weigh in a bit. I've always been on record in these forums that pre-game chat and "dodge chicken" is perhaps the biggest problem with ranked games. On the account I use for ranked, I have a silver border. Right now if I'm in a game, people all of a sudden after champ select go "Oh gg, we have a silver" (or alternatively, if I'm having fun in a normal with unrankeds they expect me to win a game or some such). We would have to figure out how to seriously lock down a way to prevent pre-game abuse of a "vote kick" system.

People on a losing streak - don't deserve to be kicked (it happens)

People who are last pick and choose a champion that nobody likes for a role (but aren't trolling, it's just non-traditional) do not deserve to be kicked, nor bullied into playing a champion they do not want to.

People climbing the ranks (or falling) do not deserve to be vote-kicked.

Duos (for ranked) or other pre-mades shouldn't be allowed to threaten with vote kick.

The issue for me is that dodge chicken becomes much worse with a vote-kick system in the pre-game. NOW it goes from playing chicken to outright extortion. "Play x in this role or be kicked for y amount of time." People play this game to have fun. If they want to play Gangplank or Warwick in the jungle - they should. If they want to Fiddle support - let them.

Worse than pre-game "ROLE OR FEED" people would simply be bullies who immediately take the fun out of a game for someone before it begins.

I agree that perhaps something should be put in place pre-game. It is a problem. But if the potential for abuse is GREATER than the issue currently faced, I think you create a bigger problem than you solve.

Blocking out a person's name in pre-game helps prevent the people that trudge through lolking, but it doesn't solve the "play this or we kick you" that I can see happening. I don't have a solution. I'm not smart enough to have one.

Only thing *I* can think of would be an ability to kick someone from the team in-game at the 10 minute mark on forward for "trolling." With the gold split from the kicked player split between the remaining four, and the four gain XP at a small percentage rate faster than the 5 man team to "give them a chance" to win (before the late late game).

But that ALSO has a potential for abuse. Don't like the jungler? kick him. Feel you might do better with the gold and XP over a support mid-game? Kick them. Troll team wants to kick "just because?" Kick them.

Anything I've thought of has potential for abuse. I bet Riot has had war-room sessions discussing this issue themselves. Right now the only solution is to "tough it out" and report after the game. It's not a good solution...

But is it the lesser of all evils? Maybe.

Doghealer

02-18-2013

I have a lot of things to respond to here. Some I agree with, some I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ppa Doc View Post
I have a saying. Team cohesion, it starts in the lobby. I think that almost any solo/duo game can be won in the first 5 minutes. that 5 minutes being in the lobby.

When a toxic player of an extreme case like Wizz comes along it sets the game at a loss from the very start.
Yes...and no.

Yes, team cohesion will begin in the lobby, when first impressions are made almost immediately. Thus, make that impression a good one. I have a copy-pasta that serves multiple roles; first, it defines my role in the meta, and second, it suggests a positive player is behind the message. The copy-pasta is "I can play any role. Call yours out, and I'll fill in the gap." If you would prefer to call out your role, tinker with the message to reflect that. For example "I'd like mid, please!", or "I'm best at mid, but can also jungle and adc."

However, no, the game is never won or lost at champion select. If it was always won at champion select, then there wouldn't even be a game, as it'd be pointless. Player skill, player attitude, and overall teamwork will always be MUCH greater factors in determining the winner. These things will carry over in the game. Personally, I believe the exact opposite: The game is not over and decided until the Nexus is destroyed, because I've seen some mind-blowing comebacks against what common sense would call "impossible odds".

Yes, team cohesion at champion select (or lack thereof) will tip the scales, but it will never single-handedly decide the game. Ever.

Quote:
My idea is to place a sort of "toxic player vote out" system in ranked queue if a player is being ignorant or toxic and making everyone rage from the champ screen a player can click the "toxic player" button next to their name. 4 votes bans the toxic player for 30 minutes from playing a game just like if they had Q-dogded, returning the other players to queue matching.
Again, yes and no.

Yes, we desperately need a vote-kick system from champion select. If all four players do not want to play with the fifth player on the team, because his intentions of trolling are clear, one of those four players should not have to sit out for six minutes, even if that is preferable to spending 20 minutes waiting for a surrender.

However, removing that player from queue for 30 minutes is too much. The reason for this is because the system can be abused. If four players decide to kick a fifth non-toxic player, that player should not have to suffer. Only if the player is kicked this way multiple times in a short period should timers begin to be incurred.

Additionally, complications will arise in ranked games. I'll be honest, I don't do ranked as of late, but as I understand it, you lose ELO or LP when you dodge, just as if you had lost a game. What happens if a team vote-kicks a player this way? Any possible answer is undesirable in some way:

-If the kicked player loses points as he's kicked, this makes it too easy for random players to kick players for bad reasons and cause that player to lose points for no reason.
-If all four players that kick the fifth lose a small fraction of the points they'd normally lose, this just attracts more trolls, as now their trolling has a clear effect that is MUCH more likely to get a reaction.
-If nobody loses points, this defeats the purpose of losing points when you dodge. Instead of dodging, a player can just ask the rest of his team to kick him, allowing the entire team to dodge with no repercussions.

Frankly, I believe it's just best to keep the vote-kick system out of ranked. However, keep in mind that it's slightly more likely for the enemy team to have a troll on their side than on yours. (If you, a troll, and 8 other players are matched, there are 9 slots the troll can take; 4 on your side, and 5 on the enemy's. Thus, the troll has a 5/9 chance of landing on the enemy team.) Thus, trolls will cause your rank to rise just as much as they will cause it to fall, balancing it all out.

Quote:
If they receive to many toxic player marks I believe they should be given an "AMUMU TIME OUT" and demoted to lvl 25 and have to work there way back up to lvl 30 to play ranked again. Those last 5 lvls take a good while to earn. That is a nice amount of time to give them to think over how they have acted. I think that if a toxic player is forced to lvl back from 25 to 30 enough times they will either stop trolling and respect other players, or they will stop playing ranked games in general. Either way is a win for the LoL community in my eyes.
No, no, no.

Summoners should never lose levels. Ever. The biggest reason: What happens to mastery pages? Now that you're level 25, 5 of those points have to be removed, what determines which 5 go away?

Yes, this question can be answered, but that doesn't make taking levels away a good idea. Players that get banned from WoW don't have levels taken from their characters (unless those levels were illegitimately earned, but that's something else entirely).

The summoner level system was meant to ease new players into the game and give a sense of progression. Taking that progression away is just cruel. Even a permaban is less insulting.

Scruffy DireWolf

02-24-2013

This post was created before the season 3 changes took place. The ban time was at one time 30 minutes. Also please refer to the bottom of the post as some of the things you are saying have been corrected or changed. Thank you for your input and if riot ever reads this post hopefully they take everyones suggestions into consideration.

But it has come to my attention that riot has taken other measures to deal with toxic players and this post may no longer be relevant.

Thanks again.

DominicanFury

02-24-2013

although i hate trolls,feeders,and unskilled players with a passion a vote system to do something to the player is not what we need. If we did had a voting system it should be to call a game master to resolve an issue they can remove someone from the queue and give them a infraction like 3 strikes your out would be better solution to our problem.

Im a top lane player i don't mind doing the other roles but i always check there lolking if i think there not gonna do a good job then i instalock if i feel like they will do a good job then i would let them have it.