Anti Troll Initiative!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ruff Scruffy

01-16-2013

LEADING TO THE ANTI TROLL INITIATIVE

I was just in a game with a toxic player, we will call him Wizz. This player did not start the game happy and then become upset or prokoked to start raging. He was completely a troll through and through. This is a ranked game mind you. And in champ select as soon as we started the bans the first thing he said was "please let us **** win this game." He ranted on and on calling everyone "noobs" and saying hurtful things about everyones champ selections. He then said, "it is a statistical fact that 3 of you are bad." I am not one to rage, I do not find it to be a helpful tool in a winning strategy.

Not once but twice I calmly said to him "Wizz, please calm down" The only reason I even acknowledged him in the first place is because the team began to panic. Even after I assured the team it will be ok and just to play some music and gather themselves, they were too far gone. The entire team was raging already before the game even begun.

The chat log was ZINGING with insults from every player during the final count down.

In this chaotic blur of raging I decided it best to close LoL and not let the game go through.

I play LoL to 1.)Have a good time & 2.)become a better player AND THIRDLY to win.

But sadly these trolls are out there only wishing to reek chaos on the LoL community

ANTI TROLL INITIATIVE

I have a saying. Team cohesion, it starts in the lobby. I think that almost any solo/duo game can be won in the first 5 minutes. that 5 minutes being in the lobby.

When a toxic player of an extreme case like Wizz comes along it sets the game at a loss from the very start.

My idea is to place a sort of "toxic player vote out" system in ranked queue if a player is being ignorant or toxic and making everyone rage from the champ screen a player can click the "toxic player" button next to their name. 4 votes bans the toxic player for 30 minutes from playing a game just like if they had Q-dogded, returning the other players to queue matching. If they receive to many toxic player marks I believe they should be given an "AMUMU TIME OUT" and demoted to lvl 25 and have to work there way back up to lvl 30 to play ranked again. Those last 5 lvls take a good while to earn. That is a nice amount of time to give them to think over how they have acted. I think that if a toxic player is forced to lvl back from 25 to 30 enough times they will either stop trolling and respect other players, or they will stop playing ranked games in general. Either way is a win for the LoL community in my eyes.

======================
EDIT: In addition as a precaution to abuse a solo/duo tag could be added much like the Team Tag for ranked teams
This would prevent champ select raging due to looking up other players as well as it would keep people form trolling a player with a "toxic player" just because they are not very successful with the role they are tasked with

EDIT: Instead of dropping a players lvl to 25 and allowing them to match-make with other upcoming players, there can be a LVL30/25 penalty added and they still must earn the 5 lvls of experience while still allowing the toxic player to play with other lvl 30 players. As they gain experience they are then LVL30/26, LVL 30/27 and so on.
======================

~By my will, This shall be finished~
~Papa Doc

Darklightning

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

Problem: If I can see your name, and I can see you have been playing twice now Sona and losing both games with 10 deaths, and I don't want to play you, I just ban you...

Ruff Scruffy

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightning View Post
Problem: If I can see your name, and I can see you have been playing twice now Sona and losing both games with 10 deaths, and I don't want to play you, I just ban you...
Very valid point! This is more or less a rough draft idea and I am willing to take any and all constructive criticism to help improve it!

If this were to ever be put into place then perhaps Even the allied team could be listed as summoner 1-5. Honestly I do not see much necessity for the home team's names to be exposed pre-game anyways. Or much like the ranked teams maximum of 6 characters "Team Tag" an individual summoner could chose a "Solo/Duo Tag" for use in champ select.

Very valid point though! There are so many great idea's that i wish we could trust the general community with but they would no doubt abuse them. I just hope we can all come up with more solutions!

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2013

This kind of stuff always colides with the same wall. The abuse. As Darklighting stated above such thing could happen and it would just suck.

However the solution you have presented might make this work tho.

Matchalove

01-22-2013

I want this so bad

embalmdk

01-22-2013

Hopefully you and the team reported Wizz. With enough reports of a person of that nature, they will eventually make it to the tribunal and weeded out.

Ruff Scruffy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by embalmdk View Post
Hopefully you and the team reported Wizz. With enough reports of a person of that nature, they will eventually make it to the tribunal and weeded out.
I origionally intended to continue with the game and did not screen shot it unfortunately. But in the future i intend to suggest screen shot reports in champ select if dodging due to a player!

Ruff Scruffy

01-23-2013

I will be adding new idea's and suggestions that would improve this system as more people comment or post issues/solutions to this thread!

AggrivatedEmu

01-24-2013

This by far has been the best post i have read on working towards a solution that is actually viable. Especially for ranked games since ranked games can only be Duo or 5s que. Someone would have to be quite hated to actually receive all 4 votes. That being said, Ive ran across quite a few Duo que's that do the same thing. So maybe lowering the required votes to 3, That way it would require another Duo Q, and a Solo Q'r. or 3 Solo Q's to leave the deciding votes.

But again, I really do love this idea and hope that Riot takes some of these ideas and implements them. As a played since Beta its painful how bad this game has gotten due to the community. Thankfully games like SMITE and HoN come out where i can get a breather from the amount of ' stupid ' that leaks out of players chat in game or in lobby. Not saying those games are better or worse. Sometimes its just the change of surroundings and lack of impact a single player can have in those games.

i play 12 to 18 games a day, And maybe 2 to 4 of them are decent games with decent players that actually seem like they have matured to a point that understand it is a game and that some people are better than others.

Now to throw out some sad numbers. I have over 5,000 wins scattered over 4 difference accounts ranging from 1,000 to 1,500 wins. ( don't ask me why ) So using my guess of roughly 20% being real games. that means 80% of that 5k wins is with trolls. So that means 4,000 Games have been played with someone trolling. But that's not all. My worst account has a 2:1 Win loss ratio. So that on average that means i have at least 2,500 losses. So in total that's 7,500 matches played. So 7500/20% = 5,000. So ive played 5,000 matches with trolls/people that have nothing better to do then complain about what everybody else is doing. Five thousand matches with players that have intentionally tried to ruin my experience with this game. This percentage is getting higher and higher with each passing game with the lack of control Riot has over the community. Now i don't expect a magic wand to be waved and the problem to be resolved. But what i do know is that the tribunal system isn't working as well as it should be. We need to as a community continue to come up with ideas like this that puts us a step forward from what we have to increase the capabilities the tribunal has or a whole new system in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embalmdk View Post
Yeah, That might happen embalmdk, He just might get banned a few days down the road. and be banned for a few days. Thats fine and dandy, But in the mean time we are still dealing with more trolls that have met the same fate as Wizz. and have just gotten out of their ban. There will just be an endless stream of bans and unbans untill an account gets perma'd. In whice they will just start all over again and the problem resumes.

Personally I think the only way to cut down on the mass amount of trolls would be to have an account cost. like 5$ Fee to start an account or 10 or 15. Doesnt matter. I know that wont deal with all the trolls but when it comes down to it. There will be a lot more people that think about acting like an idiot before they do. 20 accounts down the line after perma bans they might think " Hmm this games costed me 100$, Maybe i should stop playing or stop being a *****. "

But who knows. Like i said it would have to be something. I just hope whatever changes are made, Work.

Ruff Scruffy

01-27-2013

That is some great perspective AggrivatedEmu! Thank you for your support as well!

Though I do frequently indulge in the purchase of some riot points here and there, I find one of the greatest things about this game is that it is free to play. Honestly, in a bit of addition/change to your thoughts on the $5 account idea, perhaps there should be a deposit made that is returned due to good behavior at a set time.

Example, Wizz pays 15 dollars to start his account "WizzTroll" and desides he is going to rage and be a jerk to everyone. Well, not only does he get banned but because he violated the summoners code enough times when his 3-5 month return date comes along he is not refunded.

On the other side of things, Wizz desides to make a new account "WizzBro" and he is nice to everyone and helps out new players with suggestions and gives them links to guides to help there game. Well, when his 3-5 month refund date comes along not only does he get his $15 back, but he is awarded with some extra RP as well because of what a positive influence he has been to the LoL community!

Again I appreciate your input AggrivatedEmu! I think that all the new positive solutions we can come up with will eventually lead to a better Gaming Community in LoL!