Heimerdinger Rework ideas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ParaBellam

01-16-2013

First off, I main Heimerdinger, and I obviously can see the problems present with him. I'm not the best at League, but I do quite a bit of theorycrafting, so let's have a go, yeah?

Patch Notes:
Heimerdinger's base health has been increased to 420 (+80) from 350 (+75). At Lvl 18 he has 1860 health.
-----Gives early game health, obviously needed as he has too little health.
Heimerdinger's base armor has been increased to 12 (+4). At Lvl 18 he has 84 armor.
-----He definitely needs more armor, he has no survivability in game.
Heimerdinger's base movement speed has been increased to 335 from 325.
-----Simple buff that would help him a ton.

Passive:
Heimerdinger gives himself and nearby allied minions 7/14/18 (+10% AP) health regeneration per 5 seconds.
------This passive is unique. However, does not scale well into late game. It is a very weak and very useless passive outside of the laning phase. It's use early game is nerfed, but it now scales with AP to make it better late game. With 500 AP (a standard amount that I based it off), it does 68 per 5 (12 hp per second). This is fair for his turrets and his minions.

H-28G Evolution Turret:
Heimerdinger constructs a turret with 260 + (25 x level ) + (60% AP) health that fires at nearby enemies, dealing magic damage (half damage to towers and inhibitors). Heimerdinger stores enough parts for a new turret every 25 seconds (affected by cooldown reduction). Turrets attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement. Turrets disappear after Heimerdinger's death. Turrets receive upgrades and transform with every ability rank. Turrets have half of Heimerdinger's total armor and magic resist in addition to their own. Turrets are considered multi-target spells and will proc all related items.
Magic resistance: 30 Armor: 30
Magic Damage: 28/38/44/54/58 (+30% AP)
Rank 1: Yellow Turret
Rank 2: Green turret: Reduces armor and magic resist by 2 for two seconds every hit (max 30 reduction)
Rank 3:Max Turrets increased to two.
Rank 4: Turrets gain 7% spell vamp and 7% life steal, and heal Heimerdinger for 7% of damage done. They heal themselves for 7% of all damage they do.
Rank 5: Red Turrets: now apply 50% splash damage.
------Turrets deal more damage, are tankier, and they shred armor better. While it seems that it will shred too much armor too quickly, the armor max is reduced to 30, but the stacks will be up much faster. Spell vamp means that Heimer will have a bit of sustain from his turrets, while 10% means that he will have barely any. Life steal means his turrets heal themselves, but can be taken down quickly if a champion is nearby. The turrets are much less disposable now. Heimerdinger's turrets proc Liandra's Torment, Rylais (15% slow because it's a multi target spell), spell vamp (a third of the max since it's a multi target spell), and others. Subject to change, however.
Hextech Micro-Rockets
Magic Damage reduced to 80/125/175/230/260 + (70% AP)
----Less early game damage, more late game damage. Overall idea here is less damage for stronger scaling. Numbers a bit wonky here.

CH-1Concussion Grenade
Movement speed increased to 1000 for all tiers.
Stun Radius increased to 150 from 100.
Cast time has been removed.
AP Scaling increased to 65%.
----A very slow, very broken skill shot that is near impossible to land for the stun. Stun radius increase should help with the stun, and the cast time is ridiculous when an Akali is in your face and it takes you 3 seconds to drop the grenade.

UPGRADE!!!
Active: All active Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their maximum health. For the next 6 seconds they prioritize champions, fire 20/30/40% faster, and have 15/20/25% spell vamp. His fires 5 Hextech Micro-Rockets instead of 3 and his CH-1 Concussion Grenade now slows for 2.5/2/2.5 seconds where it hits.
----Actually makes his turrets powerful, the slow effect is removed in return for much stronger turret abilities. This is to make him godly at fights near his turrets, to reinforce the fact that fights at turrets are bad.

A Pillòw

01-16-2013

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/07...rk-leaked.html

Go read that and go away

Compared to what is ACTUALLY going to happen, your theory crafting blows.

ParaBellam

01-16-2013

By theorycrafting I meant more of brainstorming ideas.

I've seen that leak almost the moment it came out, the entire thing sucks. The turrets seem to be very weak, and he'll be tied down to his turrets. His rockets seem to be pretty bad, as well.

Seems like a pretty weak rework to me. Could be rework twitch status.

A Pillòw

01-16-2013

Hide 3 sniper turrets in a bush and surround them with Teemo shrooms.

ParaBellam

01-16-2013

The rework is pretty weak. The turrets will be reliant on a glitchy skillshot that won't land half the time. We can already predict that the AI for the aiming will be glitchy since it can't be that precise or people will call hax (rightfully). That leaves the subpar machine gun.

The rockets suck. They force you to hug the person to deal damage, which makes no sense for a skill with 1000 range. Falloff on a ranged skill? wut.

I like the idea of the grenade actually having some synergy with the turret, a good idea would be to have a 40% attack speed boost of several seconds after being hit by the grenade.

All in all, POS rework.

Yevsten

01-16-2013

Ive been hearing about a rework for Heimerdinger and I found the leaked thread, this new rework does not look viable for a long term use for Heimerdinger but a patch that will quickly be whittled down again. I don't mean to belittle someone for their grand ideas of making Heimerdinger into an outstanding champion again but all it looks like is he will immediately get nerfed straight out of the gate again after the next patch. That is what makes me concerned since I have played Heimerdinger for over three years straight and have always enjoyed playing him. It just has become more difficult now and it makes me worried as now I am drifting away from him as a mid-lanner or a champion all together. I really dislike those rework ideas since it feels as they will not scale properly or they are not feasible, here is what I would do if I would rework my favorite champion Heimerdinger.

First off the statistics of Heimerdinger being his health, armor, and regen on him are all viable and can work, I am fine with him being one of the squishiest and slowest characters out there. It makes you think more on the characters abilities since he is designed as a pusher mage not an assassin.

What really is in need of an overhaul are his abilities which are his bread and butter and what substances him as a champion in 1v1 attacks.

His passive abilities is one of the most unique passives out there and should not be removed, it can give a small glimmer of hope or help out to defend a tower as you wait for your teammates to arrive, it really has helped me out in the past and I would miss this passive as it is geared more towards "passive" players who have a wait and see attitude and not a charge I'm a bruiser tank feel to it.

The H-28G Evolution Turrets is what Heimerdinger is known for, he is the turret guy, and I know people call him the bouncer with his club security turrets but I believe I have a way around that certain feel to it. What I would do first is leave his mana consumption problems alone and I will explain that later at my summary,

The stats for what he has are viable and I would not change any of them except his cool down, his cool down should be 25 seconds at level one and scale up to 40 seconds at level five. Magic damage should increase to 30% from its original 20% and stay at that flat rate but has the other amount of magic damage increase the way it has been doing so.

Make it so you are only allowed ONE turret only no matter how many times you level up the turrets, I will explain this more at the ultimate area.

Instead make it so armor, damage, and make health increase for every kill by five hp at level five or in accordance of an even amount.

Remove the extra ranking abilities he has now on him and make it so it is only increasing health, armor, damage, placement range and attack range. Make it so they don't have an attack range like Caitlyn's basic attack but if they get hit they can maybe give one back. This is all mind you through leveling the Q ability. Leave the attack speed of the turrets at a flat rate of 1.25 no increase on speed just because you just placed one down, and have it so sight radius adjust in accordance to range increases.

The Hextech Micro-rockets that Heimerdinger have are alright but they should just be adjusted as well to go with the theme, once again mana cost, cool down, range, magic damage, and base magic damage are all fine and should stay where they are. What should change is him only having one rocket and only one rocket no matter how many times he levels that up as well, but when you level the rocket up to level five the rocket should have splash damage of fifty percent to the surrounding area and targets champions not anything in its range, this ability mind you being for the last level. However summoners can hide behind minions so they take the damage instead for them like Nidalee's Spear.

The CH-1 Grenade is just like the rockets and turrets in where you should not change the mana cost, cool down, range, speed, magic damage, and base magic damage. You should remove the stun ability with it and only have the blind ability on it even when you max it to level five, (At level five you could decide if you want them to do a solid true amount of damage to turrets for old time sake and I mean just like 25 hp of damage only no matter what.)

Now all those items that I told you to remove on the other abilities will now slowly be placed back on with Heimerdinger's Ultimate Upgrade! As ultimates go his is by far the most under used and has no sustaining ability for big team battles out there, the cool down reduction is a very good item to have but with cool down increase he should also have an active passive of increased magic damage of the same percentage as cool down.

With each level increase of Upgrade he should receive one more turret (max three turrets at second level of Upgrade! mind you), as well as armor reduction shots and at the final level of Upgrade they should receive AoE splash damage.

The rockets should increase by one as well (mind you a maximum of three rockets only) and when you receive the last level of Upgrade! have it make it so the rockets can hit the same target multiple times, so if there is just the champion it would be hit by three rockets.

The grenade would level up normally with the Upgrade! ability so then it would have a maximum of 1.5 seconds of stun and the stun radius is increased to 150. No increased speed when using your ultimate so you dont have to recalibrate your throw time again.

So now when using your ultimate Upgrade! These are the things that will happen when fully maxed out, turrets regain full health and instead shoot electric shots that increase the firing speed of the turret(s) which adjust with level (no slow ice ability), you fire three rockets that can hit the same target multiple times if no one else is around, grenades have there stun ability and also an increase of magic damage on all abilities.

These are the changes I would make if I was going to rework Heimerdinger, I said I would explain the reason for not changing the mana cost at the end and what I feel is there is really no need to change it since there are already viable items at the shop in game and runes to increase your mana regen but what the real problem is Heimerdinger cannot rely heavily on his abilities as much as other champions can who have built in stuns, flashes, slows, and overall stopping power. I understand and I am okay with it but what I am not okay with is not being able to help in big team fights unless I flat out troll with Heimerdinger but you guys have been making sure to halt and stop such way as Tankerdingers and other builds, I just want to play him the way he is meant to be played and not hope for a leaver or a quick rollover in matches but sustainability.
Below I have reworked the stats to show what they might look like and also feel free to get ahold of me if you enjoy my rework or go ahead and use it if you like, I do have a Bachelors Degree in Game Design and Development and I am currently researching beginning C++ game programming and would also appreciate any other programming books you can give me or any other advice. I really would like to have Heimerdinger be a viable champion in ranked games and not just a passing thought or a trolls pick.
Sincerely Kenneth B. (A.K.A. Yevsten)

Stats

Damage 49.24 (+3 / per level)
Health 350 (+75 / per level)
Mana 240 (+65 / per level)
Move Speed 325
Armor 7 (+3 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen 7 (+0.65 / per level)
Abilities

H-28G Evolution Turret - Heimerdinger lays down a machine gun turret. Turrets gain abilities as this skill is increased. (Turrets deal half damage to towers).
Heimerdinger constructs a Machine Gun Turret with 275.0/290.0/305.0/320.0/335.0 health and 30/38/46/54/62 (+0.3) magic damage (half damage to turrets). Max: 1/1/1/1/1 turret(s).

Each rank of this skill grants a further enhancement:
Rank 2: Armor/+3 Magic Armor/+3 Health/+50 Range, Sight increase/+50
Rank 3: Armor/+3 Magic Armor/+3 Health/+50 Range, Sight increase/+50
Rank 4: Armor/+3 Magic Armor/+3 Health/+50 Range, Sight increase/+50
Rank 5: Armor/+3 Magic Armor/+3 Health/+50 Range, Sight increase/+50 as well as health increase by +5 for each kill afterwards
Cost
70/80/90/100/110 Mana
Range
250-500
Hextech Micro-Rockets - Heimerdinger fires long-range rockets that hit the enemies closest to Heimerdinger or in later level homing in on nearby champions.
Heimerdinger fires 1 enemy seeking Micro-Rocket(s), hitting targets nearest to him. Each rocket deals 85/135/185/235/285 (+0.55) magic damage.
At level five of Hextech Micro-Rockets receive 50% splash damage on hit of enemy minion or champion
Cost
65/85/105/125/145 Mana
Range
CH-1 Concussion Grenade - Heimerdinger lobs a grenade at a location, dealing damage to enemy units as well as stunning anyone directly hit and blinding surrounding units.
Heimerdinger tosses a grenade, dealing 80/135/190/245/300 (+0.6) magic damage to enemy units and blinding them for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
Cost
80/90/100/110/120 Mana
Range
UPGRADE!!! - Passive / Active: Passively increases Cool down Reduction, Actively increases magic damage. Activate to heal all active Evolution Turrets and cause them to fire electric shots, at increased Speed, for a short time, and multiple rockets may hit a single minion or champion if no other targets are available (when ultimate is active).
Passive: 10/15/20% Cool down Reduction.
Active: 10/15/20% additional magic damage (example: turret damage 30% + active ultimate (40/45/50%))
Rank 1: One additional turret, one additional rocket, grenade can stun for .5 second(s) if hit directly by grenade, 10% cool down, and active 10% increase on magic damage.
Rank 2: One additional turret, one additional rocket, grenade can stun for 1 second(s) if hit directly by grenade, 15% cool down, and active 15% increase on magic damage.
Rank 3: Turret now have AoE, rockets can now hit a single target multiple times if no other targets are around (when ultimate is active), grenade can stun for 1.5 second(s) if hit directly by grenade, 20% cool down, and active 20% increase on magic damage.
Active: All active Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their maximum health and also fire 20/25/30% increased speed electric shots. Additionally, your Hextech Micro-Rockets may hit a single target multiple times if no other targets are in range.
Cost
80/90/100 Mana
Range
Techmaturgical Repair Bots - Heimerdinger gives nearby allied Turrets and Champions increased Health Regeneration.

Elf Elix

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pillw View Post
Hide 3 sniper turrets in a bush and surround them with Teemo shrooms.
Have rammus taunt them into the bush xP

A Pillòw

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pker5256 View Post
Have rammus taunt them into the bush xP
Put Shaco boxes in there too and Blitzcrank pull. =D