grevious wounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kojeek

01-16-2013

currently only 2 items have grevious wounds, which i see as the only reliable way to shut down a regen champ like ap yi/swain/mundo.

the cooldown on ignite is too long and only affects one champ.

also not enough people buy morellonomicon or executioners calling because they get so locked into their build they can never adapt to what the other team is doing.

can we get perhaps 1 or 2 more grevious wounds items, one with armor, and one with damage? or perhaps CDR?

i think this effect is one of the most underused in the game

thoughts?

DarkenDragon

01-16-2013

you already hit the nail on the head, its not because theres not enough options for the item, its because people are too tunnel visioned on their own build and doesnt know how to counter build, or refuses to accept the fact that they need to have a more flexible build instead of the same things over again.

this item is specificly that its a counter item that is only worth building in those situations, but people just dont realize that and thats the major problem. if we had more types of grevious wounds items, it would actually get out of hand and those champions who relies on heals or regens would end up being non viable anymore cuz everyone has grevious wounds now.

so no we dont need more grevious wounds items, we just need people realizing that option is there and they need to be more flexible

ROOOOOAST

01-16-2013

Ap yi's mediate counter isnt grevious wound, regening 4k hp pr 2k hp is still al, his hp, its CC who counter it. Mundo i agree, but usuly top and mid will get ignite, so not that necessary. Swain is kinda the same thing. But we got grevious wound already, but nocone use them, why bother creating another 1??

Alexstarfire

01-16-2013

The problem with Executioner's Calling is more that it's not that great UNLESS you are fighting one of those people. I don't even mean you have a game with them in it. For instance, if Mundo jungle then Executioner's Calling will pretty much never be bought because against other people it doesn't have near the utility. On bottom... maybe. They'd need to be against someone like soraka though, or someone that took heal as a summoner spell. And even then that's a maybe.

Executioner's Calling or Grievous Wounds needs to be changed to make it a viable pick. The item could have a tiny upgrade to a new item or they could just make it stronger in general, with a cost increase of course. It really seems like it should be a late game item but it isn't geared that way as it is now. Likewise, Grievous Wounds could probably do some minor DoT that's stack-able. Even if it was something like 2 DPS for 5 seconds with 3-4 stacks that would be good. Though I'm not sure that would be good for Morello's. It could be another unique passive for Executioner's Calling though.