Nami needs love! Poor girl.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsumae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

So, I love the support role, and have played a number of them. My favorite element is water, so I was THRILLED when I heard of Nami coming out. However, after playing her for a bit, she definitely seems to not nearly be up to par with other supports.

First, her passive. This, in my opinion, is just too weak and barely noticeable. It doesn't seem to make any sort of difference in game because of the small amount of speed your team receives. I love the idea of the passive, however I believe a buff would make it much more viable.

Her Q - great power! I love the CC on it and believe it's pretty well where it needs to be, now that it's been slightly buffed.

Her W - Also, great power. I think this is Nami's bread and butter. Great way to heal and damage at the same time. Great for bouncing off a friendly to help damage the enemy. Great idea - great power.

Her E - Needs some looking at! First of all, the visual effect is just horrible. Teammates rarely know it's on them because they're paying more attention to the battlefield than a TINY animation on their champion. Compared to the other support visuals on their teammates, this one certainly lacks. Increase visual hardcore, please! Maybe bubbles around them with fish that fire off when they attack. Secondly - the damage doesn't seem to really do too much. The slow is great! I think a great way to fix this is again: Nami's passive. Increasing Nami's passive, then hitting a teammate with E will increase their speed to chase down their target, do damage, and slow the other target at the same time - making it a great power. Right now, it's just lacking so much, IMO.

Her R - GREAT idea, great ult! However, the damage doesn't seem to do much and it's very easy to dodge if you're not right on Nami, therefore making it somewhat needing some love. There's so much to help the ult. Increase speed, or increase damage, or what I like most is add a heal to it, or a shield that will help any teammates it passes through. That way in a team fight, if enemy champions do dodge it, it will still help teammates out.

Nami is a great idea of a champion. I just feel like she's not nearly quite there yet with other supports.

Tsumae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Bump

gameboy0895

01-21-2013

Nami is so weak compared to other supports right now. Her w has no scaling and barely does damage and her e needs to be buffed. 3 seconds is way to less and 3 basic attacks is also way to less. It should last longer and apply to skills.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-21-2013

I love her entire kit. I like her support style as well. I even like the speeds her abilities go at

Bread Crumbs

01-21-2013

Her passive used to give 45/50/55 movement speed I think. I think it should be changed back to that, or atleast make it 30 movement speed for 2 seconds instead of 1.5. It really does need some more kick to it.
I'm not sure if a percentage value would work, but seriously 30 base movement speed is less than 10% increase at all ranks, it's incredibly underwhelming.

About her Q, could use about 50-100 increased missle speed and perhaps a damage debuff.

Her W, I feel it could use a little bit AP scaling so that build AP on her (I.E. Kage's Lucky Pick) is more rewarding.

I agree with her E, it's frustrating because I always put it on my ADC, and they just sit there like nothing happened.

And about her ult, you're right... It actually does less damage than her W at a mere 150 damage.... And it passes her Q's damage by 50 at rank three... Totally underwhelming...

Tadiken

01-21-2013

You guys just don't seem to know how to play her. She is a great support imo, and I rarely lose with a good nami supporting me. The thing is with her e though, I can attest to that, the only time I know its on me is when I'm on skype with the aforementioned nami telling him/her to use their e on me. Her ult is great, almost always lands, and she isn't supposed to HAVE scaling as a support, so why are you crying about the scaling?

Tadiken

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Dragon View Post
About her Q, could use about 50-100 increased missle speed and perhaps a damage debuff.
It is a hard cc normal spell. It is SUPPOSED to be easy to dodge.

hungryhippos1

01-21-2013

Take out the 3 auto attacks on her E and just leave it on for 3 seconds and improve the animation for it and maybe increase the scaling on her W.

Dark Kuno

01-21-2013

After the buffs to her move speed and Q cool down, Nami really just needs a buff to her mana costs and/or mana regen, and something done to make her E non-crappy.
These 2 things are really all that are holding her back from seeing more play.

xHeimtechZX

01-21-2013

Janna's shield is pretty easy to notice, even when its very transparent. I don't get why Riot can't make Nami's e noticeable .3. When I was adc with Nami, I barely noticed it. When I was Nami, my adc doesn't really notice it (so I put it when my adc is going all out).