The Last Talon Nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerutor

01-16-2013

I think that after this nerf even a few mains of Talon might forget about him...what do you think about this so called "fix".

FreakinEpic808

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerutor View Post
I think that after this nerf even a few mains of Talon might forget about him...Talon is my main and i'm considering this option, Riot just killed an underplayed champion...good job Riot.
Talon had one of the highest winrates in the game because he was overpowered.
Overpowered champs get nerfed, deal with it.
They shouldn't have to cater to the "small" amount of talon players if he is unfair, so they didnt.
Also, talon was overplayed if anything.

FriendlyGarchomp

01-16-2013

I agree i hardly ever see any Talon's and now they just nerfed him... now what. i just agreed with myself that i was gonna use him more.

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

They lowered numbers because his damage amplification on cutthroat didn't actually exist... Learn your stuff before posting on how a champ is 'killed'...

Enigo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinEpic808 View Post
Talon had one of the highest winrates in the game because he was overpowered.
Overpowered champs get nerfed, deal with it.
They shouldn't have to cater to the "small" amount of talon players if he is unfair, so they didnt.
Also, talon was overplayed if anything.
Talon was played in under 4.75% of games... he's in the bottom 1/3 of champs played.

He does have a high win rate right now, all of a whole 0.5% higher than Taric, MF, Amumu, and Rumble... Are you calling these champs OP and need of a nerf as well? What is the highest win rate? Surely a super OP champ that needs a nerf into a ground would have a 60-70% win rate right!?

Nope... his win rate was 55.6% ... the reason he had that win rate is because he was countering the current AP mid meta. Rather than adjust around this new gameplay caused by the new S3 items, people would much rather nerf a unique champ into the ground so that it's completely useless.

Enigo

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
They lowered numbers because his damage amplification on cutthroat didn't actually exist... Learn your stuff before posting on how a champ is 'killed'...
Cutthroat is the last skill leveled on Talon because his other skills are so much more important. So until lvl 14, Cutthroat will damage amp will be a HUGE 3% on a single target. Wow, this clearly requires every other ability to be nerfed!

Even at maxed out 15% against a single target for 3 second means that Talon MIGHT be able to cause pre-nerf damage to a single target every 15 seconds... Oh, since you burn your catch a the start of the fight to do damage, good luck staying on the target if it has an escape.

You should learn your stuff before posting about a champ yourself.

Cretinok

01-16-2013

You may want to actually try him before ranting about the nerfs. Riot fixed some bugs which was causing him to do more dmg than intended. Yes, he was nerfed but some of those nerfs are to compensate for the increased dmg. He may not be as bad as you think.

Enigo

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
You may want to actually try him before ranting about the nerfs. Riot fixed some bugs which was causing him to do more dmg than intended. Yes, he was nerfed but some of those nerfs are to compensate for the increased dmg. He may not be as bad as you think.
I take you didn't bother to read anything besides the OP...

The cutthroat fix in no way balances out the nerfs. See my above post.

Cretinok

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serralin View Post
I take you didn't bother to read anything besides the OP...

The cutthroat fix in no way balances out the nerfs. See my above post.
I wrote that based on the patch preview. And besides, Riot wanted to nerf Talon. It wasnt intended to completely balance out the nerfs.

JustMyBassCannon

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serralin View Post
You should learn your stuff before posting about a champ yourself.
Says a scrub to a badge-holder.

***** more that Talon got a nerf to his ultimate's damage. It has a relatively low cooldown and can hit the entire enemy team without much trouble in a team fight. It can be used offensively or defensively. It actually has a relatively low mana cost compared to most ultimates.

That and AD casters have been buffed with the recent new items, so individual champion balance is obviously going to need some tweaking.