Revive should been nerfed on dominion.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1cf9d4c218a71e43afee7

01-16-2013

This summoner spell gives too big advantage in this mode.
Its pretty ok when only 1 person take this summoner spell, but if whole enemy team take this, you have zero percent to win against that.
Revive gives enough movement speed to run instantly to top, because dominion is not a large map, and it takes less time to go to direct point on map.

My propose is that just delete bonus movement speed here, dominion is just TOO SMALL for 125% movement bonus for 12 sec...

Rewenger

01-16-2013

There are people who think that revive is trash due to 540 seconds cooldown (-54 with mastery). Yes, this summoner spell is a playmaker at dominion. Just like Flash at summoners rift. Remove flash at rift?

Spydermonky04

01-16-2013

Or...wait for it...take revive yourself!

Nome or Die

Game Designer

01-16-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Last I polled the community, more were in favor of keeping it than removing.

I'm inclined to keeping it because it is a bit of an emergent strategy, even if it's ubiquitous nowadays, and I find it interesting because it doesn't provide the concrete advantages that something like Exhaust or Flash does.

I'd much rather buff the other summoner spells appropriately for Dominion than nerf or remove Revive.

FDru

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Last I polled the community, more were in favor of keeping it than removing.
It's a crutch that high end players have been abusing for a year to roflstomp every game, and the lower half of the elo pool thinks it's trash. Of course the majority aren't going to want it removed.

Quote:
I'm inclined to keeping it because it is a bit of an emergent strategy, even if it's ubiquitous nowadays, and I find it interesting because it doesn't provide the concrete advantages that something like Exhaust or Flash does.
You're right about that first part, but the plays it creates have no counters and it's really a broken spell when used properly. It's not like getting Exhausted, using a CC and waiting it out. You just made a solid play and then suddenly lose everything because the entire enemy team is right back in your face while your whole team is weak. You lose because you won.

Quote:
I'd much rather buff the other summoner spells appropriately for Dominion than nerf or remove Revive.
Well good luck with that! At this point I don't think it really matters if Revive is removed, since the only real arguments against it are:

1. Everyone would take Exhaust/Garrison which are also OP. A fair argument but you might as well just remove Exhaust because it nerfs AD carries too hard anyway. Garrison is a simple nerf and should have been done a LONG time ago (remove the healing of capture points, it's simply not needed. Everything else is fine).

2. There's very few summoner spells in Dominion already. I agree with this but Riot has kind of shown that they really don't care about that with the removal of Surge (totally unnecessary) and Promote so really what difference does it make if you remove some more?

grifbomber

01-16-2013

i get people flaming on me all the time about using revive. i've gotten so many kills and turned the game around so many times from just being the only one using it. a well timed revive is a game changer and so many people don't understand that. it's ridiculous.

IS1cf9d4c218a71e43afee7

01-16-2013

Quote:
You're right about that first part, but the plays it creates have no counters and it's really a broken spell when used properly. It's not like getting Exhausted, using a CC and waiting it out. You just made a solid play and then suddenly lose everything because the entire enemy team is right back in your face while your whole team is weak. You lose because you won.
This one.
Movement speed at revive just give too big advantage in balanced match... Just compare it to ghost, ghost 27% movement speed for 10 sec... revive 125 % mvs for 12 sec, take of u from the death side and gives 220-560 max hp more for 2 mins with mastery. Just wtf, where is balance in this thing??? There is no balance in revive on dominion, and this is true story. Try to play against the team with revive summoner spell, its ridiculous...

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKel View Post
This one.
Movement speed at revive just give too big advantage in balanced match... Just compare it to ghost, ghost 27% movement speed for 10 sec... revive 125 % mvs for 12 sec, take of u from the death side and gives 220-560 max hp more for 2 mins with mastery. Just wtf, where is balance in this thing??? There is no balance in revive on dominion, and this is true story. Try to play against the team with revive summoner spell, its ridiculous...
Ghost has a 210 sec(3.5 mins)CD and can be activated anywhere, not just when you are dead. Revive has a 510 sec(8.5 mins)CD, has it's movement speed decay over time quite rapidly, and can only be used when you are dead. There are checks and balances here.

Sauron

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
It's a crutch that high end players have been abusing for a year to roflstomp every game, and the lower half of the elo pool thinks it's trash. Of course the majority aren't going to want it removed.
Firstly, there's a fair amount of high end players that don't use Revive and still excel at Dominion. Secondly, the majority of high end games have an equal number of Revives on each team. Thirdly, the "high end" group is vastly outweighed by the group that is not. Fourth, if you're "losing because you won" then you willingly placed yourself in that position, without your own countermeasures be that Revive or proper positioning. This is like megapushing on SR to keep the enemy team in their base when you're ahead, instead of roaming and letting them push back out -- if you're just diving into their turret to hold them down, they might win the teamfight and make a comeback.

I find it rather funny that you rage against both Revive and the respawn mechanics. We primarily take Revive because it counters the terrible respawn mechanics. In doing so, we get a one-time chance to stop a snowball. That is the whole idea about taking Revive. You reduce your snowballing potential for the ability to counter comebacks and enemy snowballs. And I think from looking at SR and TT, we can agree that snowballing is not good design. TT games on the new map are often decided within the first 4 minutes.

Think back on how Dominion was before this spell, where the team with more Garrisons were guaranteed wins because if they ever 4-capped or 5-capped due to an ace, that was it. Immediate GG. Garrison -- now there's an actual overpowered summoner spell.

inFe eD

01-16-2013

I'd personally be fine with Revive being removed if, and only if, wave respawns/timer reductions get removed entirely. It's hard enough as it is to hold onto a won game with good Revive usage after the antisnowball kicks in, it would become waaaay more silly without it.