Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.89%
No 513 18.11%
Voters: 2832. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Filled in the spots I left for the RiotKiddington Quotes that DrUnne found for us in a July 2012 post.

Many holes were left in his theory as well as it being from midseason 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurrLikeMe

Junior Member

03-02-2013

This would be a good idea only for ranked only but there is a possibility of this being abused because someone is not higher ranked than the rest or not in the same tier. Also everyone has a different definition for trolling so you chances of actually playing a full game are slime. In addition it would be unfair to the other players for being kicked out of a game for not being in the same tier, for having a high kill score or in the negative versus wins and losses. There are so many ruthless players in ranked it makes the game not fun or entertaining. This system will be abused if it is approved i guarantee it. Leave ranked the way it is....it forces the players to work together or form a ranked team if they do not want to play with "Trollers".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurrLikeMe View Post
This would be a good idea only for ranked only but there is a possibility of this being abused because someone is not higher ranked than the rest or not in the same tier. Also everyone has a different definition for trolling so you chances of actually playing a full game are slime. In addition it would be unfair to the other players for being kicked out of a game for not being in the same tier, for having a high kill score or in the negative versus wins and losses. There are so many ruthless players in ranked it makes the game not fun or entertaining. This system will be abused if it is approved i guarantee it. Leave ranked the way it is....it forces the players to work together or form a ranked team if they do not want to play with "Trollers".
Sometimes its hard as adults to play in teams as you cannot predict your life with kids. So many play solo or duo with a buddy or husband/wife. The solos in solo queue are taking extreeme advantage of the harsh penalties for dodging and forcing people through threats and harassment. They tend to follow through if the game doesnt dodge resulting in a waste of 20-70 minutes.

If you do dodge you get time, lose series, and lose LP... damned either way thanks to no defense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pr0n0un

Senior Member

03-03-2013

I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks of this idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0n0un View Post
I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks of this idea.
Yup.... with the increase in dodge penalties and not just losing time or LS but a promotion series....

VOTE KICK is a MUST have Option


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetriix

Member

03-03-2013

Honestly, I have to agree. There's no defence against trolls in pre-game. There's nothing to save you from them. To further the problem, people are punished for dodging games that they may not have wanted to join because of some toxic player. A lot of the time, you can see how a game will go by the pre-game chat. If team mates are already arguing because of some quarrel, there's a high probability that game is going to be lost. There is the off-chance that those people arguing are going to suck it up and work together, but the likelihood of that happening is very, very low. You do get the people who dodge because they don't like their team, or the enemy's team. But the time penalty already stops those people from joining the queue again within a pretty large but necessary time period.

The argument comes up that you could dodge games to micromanage your promotional series. But honestly, what exactly is wrong with that? You dodge until you get into a match where you have a favourable team composition. That's just one aspect of the game. Your champions may look better than theirs. Your team may appear better than theirs. That's just champions though. Having the most OP champion, or the best team composition means nothing if you don't work together well. It means nothing if the person can't play the champion. And is there anything wrong with wanting to queue up with people you think will be good? Is there anything wrong with wanting to win? No. You play the game to win. You play ranked to move up. The argument of micromanaging your games is silly, because you don't know how well someone will play. You don't know if that person will play poorly with the strongest champion in game. I personally, don't think dodging should ruin your promotional series.

With regards to vote kick, the idea is great. And there are a lot of benefits from it. But there are a lot of negative aspects to it as well. I'd hate to get vote kicked just because I first picked a role, and two to three others wanted that same role, so they vote kicked me. There does need to be some way to counter trolls though. And stop people from being punished just because they didn't want to play with a toxic player. Trolls get free reign. And there's really nothing to stop them pre-game. You can only do something to stop them after you go through 20+ minutes with them.

Some concerns with Vote Kick;

How would you protect people from being kicked out of queue because they got a role first?

How would you be able to root out people who are actually trolling and punish them, and differ them from people who aren't truly trolling? Picking Darius support is unconventional, but its not trolling. It may work, it may not. Picking Darius support and then proceeding to making your adc's life hell by taking cs, and feeding the enemy team is trolling. People can easily abuse the fact that someone picked a champion they don't like for a certain role, and can just vote kick them.

I don't fully agree that vote-kicking is a good option. But I voted yes, purely because SOMETHING needs to be done. And if this is good enough to get Riot thinking about more ways, then that's good enough for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetriix View Post
Honestly, I have to agree. There's no defence against trolls in pre-game. There's nothing to save you from them. To further the problem, people are punished for dodging games that they may not have wanted to join because of some toxic player. A lot of the time, you can see how a game will go by the pre-game chat. If team mates are already arguing because of some quarrel, there's a high probability that game is going to be lost. There is the off-chance that those people arguing are going to suck it up and work together, but the likelihood of that happening is very, very low. You do get the people who dodge because they don't like their team, or the enemy's team. But the time penalty already stops those people from joining the queue again within a pretty large but necessary time period.

The argument comes up that you could dodge games to micromanage your promotional series. But honestly, what exactly is wrong with that? You dodge until you get into a match where you have a favourable team composition. That's just one aspect of the game. Your champions may look better than theirs. Your team may appear better than theirs. That's just champions though. Having the most OP champion, or the best team composition means nothing if you don't work together well. It means nothing if the person can't play the champion. And is there anything wrong with wanting to queue up with people you think will be good? Is there anything wrong with wanting to win? No. You play the game to win. You play ranked to move up. The argument of micromanaging your games is silly, because you don't know how well someone will play. You don't know if that person will play poorly with the strongest champion in game. I personally, don't think dodging should ruin your promotional series.

With regards to vote kick, the idea is great. And there are a lot of benefits from it. But there are a lot of negative aspects to it as well. I'd hate to get vote kicked just because I first picked a role, and two to three others wanted that same role, so they vote kicked me. There does need to be some way to counter trolls though. And stop people from being punished just because they didn't want to play with a toxic player. Trolls get free reign. And there's really nothing to stop them pre-game. You can only do something to stop them after you go through 20+ minutes with them.

Some concerns with Vote Kick;

How would you protect people from being kicked out of queue because they got a role first?

How would you be able to root out people who are actually trolling and punish them, and differ them from people who aren't truly trolling? Picking Darius support is unconventional, but its not trolling. It may work, it may not. Picking Darius support and then proceeding to making your adc's life hell by taking cs, and feeding the enemy team is trolling. People can easily abuse the fact that someone picked a champion they don't like for a certain role, and can just vote kick them.

I don't fully agree that vote-kicking is a good option. But I voted yes, purely because SOMETHING needs to be done. And if this is good enough to get Riot thinking about more ways, then that's good enough for me.
There would be testing required but due to the nature of the penalties of dodge and trolling in pregame...

Its necessary.

Thanks for the post man


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Byakkychan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-04-2013

It can be used to abuse, but I think if 4 people agree that one player should be kicked then that player should be kicked whatever the reason is.

It's still hard to kick the duo queue that call for their role, and if they don't get it they will just troll, at this case the vote should be able to be done with 3 people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

Senior Member

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakkychan View Post
It can be used to abuse, but I think if 4 people agree that one player should be kicked then that player should be kicked whatever the reason is.

It's still hard to kick the duo queue that call for their role, and if they don't get it they will just troll, at this case the vote should be able to be done with 3 people.
You shouldnt kick a duo....

Reason is they are in a duo to win together....work around them and help them and you get the win with them.

Sorry but its true that statisticly the duo are not trolling but there for the win


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Àltaïr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-04-2013

"singed"

i dont care about premades/trolls

because if they kick me im fine with it
i dont have to play with them and they dont have to play with me