Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.89%
No 513 18.11%
Voters: 2832. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManateeWaffIes View Post
This idea poses many problems. Think for a moment if someone mains an unusual champ, take possibly Karma or Poppy for example. This person would automatically have 4 people very skeptical of him and would easily get kicked despite doing nothing wrong. Even if this happened .01% of times or less, it would still not be worth the amount of frustration it would cause 1 innocent player. The goal is always to limit the amount of false positives.
Unfortunately, this isn't the only scenario either. Another scenario could involve the first pick. Maybe the first pick didn't ban amumu or someone else everyone believe is "OP". This person would also instantly get kicked.
Imagine how much power duo queue's would have now as well. A duo queue could never get kicked. They also control 2/5 of the vote. On top of of that, if they both troll pick, and then they try to kick someone, everyone would agree because they don't want to play the game.

There are countless scenarios where trolls would win and innocent players would lose.

There's still hope though for a better solution to limit this and make it non-existent while also helping to correct the issue. The answer is to add a pre-game report feature. This however would see extensive use if implemented and be used nearly every game for every small thing. How does one fix this then? Make the report feature kick oneself from the game and still cause penalties. Yes, this sucks. One still receives penalties for a troll in their pre-game. On the other hand, the player can take solace in the fact that at least a report has been sent for what the user has done (whatever he may have done). Trolling in pre-game would actually have a risk associated with it.

TL;DR Vote kick is too abusable

Additionally (just finished reading the main post) vote cancel would be used wrong as well. Any time anyone had an issue with team comp everyone would suddenly vote to cancel. Enemy team got amumu? Vote to cancel. Ally team has no AP? Vote to cancel. This can cause an issue with someone purposefully troll picking specifically because this one person believes the enemy comp is too good or because he is last pick and his team didn't let him mid or any other various reason. Basically, it has potential to increase the amount of trolling due to the reduced penalty.
As another disadvantage, the length of queue would be increased by this. Although this solution is much better than vote kick, it does raise issues with there being a chance to take a much longer time just to play one game (even with a limit on usage).
Communicate and explain why your champ choice is good for the team

Thats all it takes

ManateeWaffIes

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post

Thats all it takes
Think about why there is trolling in the game in the first place. The community lacks the maturity to handle that. I also recommend reading and commenting on the entire post I made and why the solution I offered is not better than the one being asked for.

EDIT: I forgot to note the irony of you saying to "communicate with your team" which would imply the team bothering to read while you didn't fully bother to read what I wrote. How can you expect of other people what you cannot do yourself?

OuttaControl56

02-18-2013

Quote:

Thats all it takes
Nope. Because sometimes your team-mates will just flat out disagree and lash out at you no matter how hard you try. Harsh truth.

I feel this could work but then again most trolls would just result in putting up an act in selection and then just build bonkers in-game and continue to troll. I don't feel that this would prevent much trolling, IMO.

ManateeWaffIes

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaControl56 View Post
Nope. Because sometimes your team-mates will just flat out disagree and lash out at you no matter how hard you try. Harsh truth.

I feel this could work but then again most trolls would just result in putting up an act in selection and then just build bonkers in-game and continue to troll. I don't feel that this would prevent much trolling, IMO.
I think the point is, if one trolls in game then he can receive a report at the very least while trolling in pre-game has no disadvantages.

o Snick

02-18-2013

@riot @yegg @tryndamere @morello

The people have spoken! Statistically, with this number of votes, if the numbers were ballooned to 10, 000, 000 votes there would only be a 3% margin of error! We need a way to stop the trolls because no matter how fast Phreak thinks the tribunal "dunks" them, it doesnt change the fact that honest players are forced into having a bad time for a minimum of 20 minutes.

THE REASON WE PLAY VIDEO GAMES IS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. STOP LETTING TROLLS DICTATE WHETHER OR NOT THIS HAPPENS.

ManateeWaffIes

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoop View Post

The people have spoken! Statistically, with this number of votes, if the numbers were ballooned to 10, 000, 000 votes there would only be a 3% margin of error! We need a way to stop the trolls because no matter how fast Phreak thinks the tribunal "dunks" them, it doesnt change the fact that honest players are forced into having a bad time for a minimum of 20 minutes.

THE REASON WE PLAY VIDEO GAMES IS TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. STOP LETTING TROLLS DICTATE WHETHER OR NOT THIS HAPPENS.
Try to read my post dictating why this will not work before asking for Riot. If you truly believe vote kick should be allowed, you should be able to make a point against it.

Arimaki

02-18-2013

question when ur in the pits of league hell or what use to be elo hell I think this would be useless for there are to many trolls already here u find 2-3 on your team every game

TheCøøkieMonster

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoop View Post

Signed.....Riot gives trolls the power...time to give it back to the legits

ManateeWaffIes

02-18-2013

Quote:
Signed.....Riot gives trolls the power...time to give it back to the legits
I can't tell if you're trolling me by accident or on purpose, but I'll admit you're doing it well.

Dehorn

02-18-2013

make an effort to make/play with friends. this is a self-inflicted problem.