Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,319 81.86%
No 514 18.14%
Voters: 2833. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FIatulence

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-01-2013

it is long enough with all the not "afk/declining game/ draft mode last min dodge" to start a game i dont want another feature that slows the time it takes to start a game
takes me liek 20-30 min in ranked jsut to get to play one game atm

the idea is nice, but id rather play than wait for every PERFECT condition in order to get my one win.
same idea with arams, i dont go in arams to dodge (all random, accept it)
if you play in perfect conditions too, it means the you dont deserve the win as much as if you didnt therefore your skills arent as much shown

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post
You do realize dodging to improve your ranked is tantamount to cheating right?

Say we were in the NBA right, well we know the Kings, our team, won't beat the Lakers because this guy is annoying and doesn't pass the ball. So we decide to ditch the game and go play a different one later on when we have a better team that we can beat easier.

Do you see the flawed logic in your statement? Rather than dealing with a troll, you instead hop around all day until you get a guaranteed win that you did not earn nor deserve.

Personally, I think dodges should be a longer timer and if too frequent a ban, but that won't be the popular vote.
If a teamate pregame threatens to be idle...help the other team... or play another position than what is needed for the team composition in communication...

That teamate would be benched .... Correct ?

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naebliss View Post
I don't get you... Are you that for trolls? Have you played in so few games with them that you are clearly so hellbent on allowing them to troll?
Your point about the NBA... If one of the nba players on the other team is shooting at his own basket the entire game, would that not be a valid reason to cancel a game or KICK HIM OUT?
That is the argument we are making here. People that are clearly trolling... This is not for people who play unorthodox champs. Communication would alleviate the unorthodox champ thing. Simply talking to your team would not get you vote kicked in most situations... At least I feel that it would....
IDK
But in champ select, the amount of people who do this in ranked, assuming it isn't champ trolling is simple trolls being trolls and has no bearing on actual gameplay.

Seriously, if you can't play with someone calling you names you have a bigger problem then a troll.

I don't defend trolls, I just don't like people taking short cuts to avoid a problem is all.

I would love to believe that talking to your team would make a difference, but I've been there and done that and I have a better chance of being allowed to Janna jungle than convincing them to work together and talk.

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
If a teamate pregame threatens to be idle...help the other team... or play another position than what is needed for the team composition in communication...

That teamate would be benched .... Correct ?
Considering positions are rotated consistently, no. As for intentional feed stuff, that really would not happen but if it did, they'd be let go, not benched, but that isn't the point. You are saying you que dodge to get a better gain to raise elo, that is wrong.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgation View Post
How do you deal with the troll?

Sit through 20 minutes of them trolling you, report them at the end of the game, and then let them terrorize another 50 games before anything happens to them?

You should read the old thread here in GD "confessions of a troll" to understand just how long it takes to get even a shameless, determined troll out of the system.

My thoughts eactly... Trolls in ranked last usually 3 weeks minimum before first suspensions....3 months until perma unless they chat their intention during game.

Its harassing to the community to be punished for trying to avoid an obvious troll pregame. I would rather rid the community of them, but the system rewards their cause...

Their cause being to TROLL and HARASS with a SMILE

Asahiyum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

THE ABUSE will be strong

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Considering positions are rotated consistently, no. As for intentional feed stuff, that really would not happen but if it did, they'd be let go, not benched, but that isn't the point. You are saying you que dodge to get a better gain to raise elo, that is wrong.
So you admit they would be kicked...... when you say they would be let go.

----------

People queue dodge the majority of time not to get a better gain.... but to avoid trolls who are RUDE and threatening others.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

Quote:
But in champ select, the amount of people who do this in ranked, assuming it isn't champ trolling is simple trolls being trolls and has no bearing on actual gameplay.

Seriously, if you can't play with someone calling you names you have a bigger problem then a troll.

I don't defend trolls, I just don't like people taking short cuts to avoid a problem is all.

I would love to believe that talking to your team would make a difference, but I've been there and done that and I have a better chance of being allowed to Janna jungle than convincing them to work together and talk.
Ive seen Janna jungle... It worked well actually..... The range on her nockup and slow basically allow her to be in all lanes ganking at lvl 2...
ANYWAY
We are not looking for a shortcut here, we are looking for a way to help the players that are actually trying to advance the way it should be and are being dragged under by troll after troll. 6 games in a row is my record for ranked CLEAR trolls/feeders.
That was the beginning of this season... I was a bit agitated, but it is the way it is meant to be played, so I went with it...

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
My thoughts eactly... Trolls in ranked last usually 3 weeks minimum before first suspensions....3 months until perma unless they chat their intention during game.

Its harassing to the community to be punished for trying to avoid an obvious troll pregame. I would rather rid the community of them, but the system rewards their cause...

Their cause being to TROLL and HARASS with a SMILE
Rewarding the troll? You do not need to dodge do you? No. You have chosen to leave the que and will be punished for it. They will also be punished for trolling later on so its evened out.

You seem to want a get out of jail free card to avoid bad games more so than wanting to solve a problem with trolls.

I am really curious as to how you can think a vote system would be a good thing and would actually make our community better?

Apollinarius

02-01-2013

The lesson to take from this is...

DON'T ****ING DODGE!

Holy ****, how is this so hard for people to grasp? You said it yourself:
We are triple punished...
- Time wait
- Removed from our series to raise in Ranking Tier
- Loss of points

Trolls on the other hand...
- Trolled you into quitting
- Get instant requeue
- Troll more people into dodging and losing ranking
- Don't get reported because there was no game to report them for.

So don't dodge. Play the game. If the troll wants to dodge and suffer the penalties, let him. For yourself, play the game. Save screen captures of pregame chat. After the game, go to https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new. Under "Category" go to "Game->Report a player". Attach screenshot of the pregame chat. Attach juicy screenshots of level 1 towerdives. Give the time of game end so Riot staff can find the game more easily and permaban the troll.

But don't dodge.