Do we want to option to Vote Kick Pregame in Ranked Matches ?

Yes 2,313 81.88%
No 512 18.12%
Voters: 2825. You may not vote on this poll

[ HMMM ] Season 3 tiers and dodging - Give us vote kick pregame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCøøkieMonster

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonzilla View Post
Love the idea of this thread, bump for support.
Thanks mate..... we need a shield from trolls

Even a cancel team vote would be something with such a harsh punishment on the line

Naebliss

02-01-2013

I agree with the OP and many of the points that have been stated. I feel the 5 minute wait for someone who has been kicked is a brilliant solution.

I feel that this would encourage this thing called COMMUNICATION. If you are planning to play an unorthodox champion, you have plenty of time to state what you would like to do and if you communicate in a mature manner, generally people are find with trying new stuff. Most of the time the people who this whole post is addressed at are not talking at all. They simply pick something they want and do not say a word.

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Or you could simply adapt to the situation and pick a different role.

You sound like the parents who blame video games for the violence of their children instead of themselves. Ditching the problem doesn't solve it, learning to handle and solve the situation effectively does.

Some says mid or feed, screw it, give them mid and go somewhere else. From what I've seen last couple of years, when people insist on a lane like that, they are usually good at it, so give it to them, learn to play a new role and stop whining.

Mazing7

02-01-2013

a votekick system would just be abused.

lets say you dou'd, and you and your buddy don't like the team your in because the champs on your side are less superior then that of the enemy team. You and your buddy can pick someone to kick then the rest of the team will follow in order to get a free queue dodge..

Naebliss

02-01-2013

This could be "abused" but the abuse that we all receive from trolls on a regular basis is worse than the abuse that this simple idea would ever cause.

thumbnail9

02-01-2013

If you want to gain any elo in a day they're would probably end up being a few games you'd dodge.

Eph289

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Bump. I do realize there are cons. The "emergent gameplay" types who figured out stuff like mid Kayle before everyone else will suffer by getting dodged more. That said, I don't think they want to play with a team that's not favorably disposed to them. I believe this is the better option, overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post

You sound like the parents who blame video games for the violence of their children instead of themselves. Ditching the problem doesn't solve it, learning to handle and solve the situation effectively does.

Some says mid or feed, screw it, give them mid and go somewhere else. From what I've seen last couple of years, when people insist on a lane like that, they are usually good at it, so give it to them, learn to play a new role and stop whining.
That's been my exact opposite experience. Most of those people suck, period.

GingerBeardMan

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCkieMonster View Post
Have you ever tried explaining your reason for picking karma?

Communication is key and why we are able to chat.

---------

When kicked the Queue restarts...or a new player from queue is instantly placed in the match with you and banning restarted.

------

If 3/5 or 4/5 of the team chooses to not want to play with someone then that says the person has done something to irritate the team ..... same as tribunal voting... we vote that we would not want to play with that person.

Communication and Behaivor
How do you convince people that a 36% win rate champion, while your absolute favorite, is a good choice in ranked? There is no explanation, no possible way of convincing these people. They will flat out lose their minds if you pick karma. Just think pre-rework eve.

If you just simply replaced the person with a new person and banning restarted, you could effectively get stuck in a permanent loop where you had to dodge to get out.

You wouldn't want to play with any person who would cause you to lose, and someone has to lose, people make mistakes, play poorly, pick bad match ups etc. Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Disgustipated86

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naebliss View Post
This could be "abused" but the abuse that we all receive from trolls on a regular basis is worse than the abuse that this simple idea would ever cause.
Not true. Say for instance someone really wants to go mid, but they are last pick every que and someone else always takes. You want them to be forced into another role or end up being kicked and penalized for it?

Or say they want to pick an unusual champion for a certain role and other people don't agree, they can be votekicked for that as well.

There are more ways to abuse the would be troll than the other way around.

Naebliss

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustipated86 View Post

You are absolutely kidding right? Do you have children? Would you give in to them every time they demand something?
I link that very closely with what you are saying.
This is a TEAM game... 5 people should go into a que and begin talking immediately about where you would like to play and who you would like to play. That takes all of a few seconds. If someone absolutely REFUSES to cooperate with 4 others... why the heck should the 4 others have to suffer this person?.... Logic makes no sense