Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

abzilla

01-18-2013

Quote:
Dannamoth:
If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.

My steps to test this as my screen does major flickers such as big white circles or what appears like a pop up but it's not.

- Started a custom game to make sure bug still there and played for 5 minutes, yup still there. They only occured after minions spawned and i got to lane, pre minions there was no flickering.
- downloaded newest amd catalyst, installed, restarted computer
- made another custom game, played 5 minutes, watching like a hawk. No more flickers.

Do not just click update on your computer. You have to physically go to the site and download the catalyst.

Step by step instructions:

1 -
click windows start, then go to run and type dxdiag, press enter. (If you can't find run in the start menu, then type run in the search programs and files bar and click enter)
2 - click the Display Tab, your video card is under Device, you will need the name of the card
3 - go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport.amd.com%2Fus%2Fgpudownload%2FPages%2Findex.aspx) and enter your computer/laptop specs, click Display Results >>
4 -
Download Catalyst Software Suite which is at revision 13.1 (This is not a Beta build, you would eventually upgrade to this anyways)
5 -
install catalyst suite, restart your computer
6 - enjoy hours of LoL

I have AMD HD SERIES 7800 series, windows 7 64-bit. The only change from last night and tonight was that I downloaded catalyst for this purpose this morning.

I Hope this helps.

Mastershade

01-18-2013

Something is going on with this update , I'm having the same problem AMD 7970

donutseed

01-18-2013

Riot you should know that when someone installs driver updates and allows the system to do it automatically, it can have severe repercussions. That's not cool, advising us to do that, luckily for me i researched this fact before I went through with it, but a lot of these people did it. So essentially you may not realize, you are telling people to risk their systems for your tests. Please solve this problem and put it in a patch, stop asking us to go into harm's way for your mistakes. Thank you.

abzilla

01-18-2013

People, stop hating on riot and actually read posts. Hey reds can u just quote my earlier post on this page so people can go to it instead of hating? The new amd catalyst goes with AMD based cards. It is not a beta nor is it a test. It is the newest solid edition. I just upgraded mine and I&m happy. Unless you learn to read and have patience you won't succeed in solving problems.

fetus of doom

01-18-2013

Here's my DxDiag.

But I'd rather not have to update my drivers. I'd rather stick with my current drivers.

I have a Visiontek 7850 2GB.

Get Swoll Son

01-18-2013

Quote:
Bazernt:
Why would you ever need more than 60 FPS ever unless you have a 120hz monitor?

The 13.1 AMD drivers fixed the issue:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Official release drivers are typically more stable than the beta release, so if you are using Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers, upgrade to t 13.1

I do have a 120hz monitor, and the higher the frame rate, typically the smoother the game, even if the frame rate exceeds the maximum refresh rate. It means the frame displayed is much 'fresher'.

Also, massive fluctuations in frame rate typically make the game feel less smooth than a steady but much lower figure, due to the drops making it feel like the game has suddenly slowed down (which it has effectively).

I've tried 13.1 too ... performance is the same, except Catalyst Control Centre randomly freezes, so I've gone back to 12.11b.

Fairhaven

01-18-2013

Any updates Riot or are you relying on us people to fix your horrible patch?

yahhzoo

01-18-2013

Man I just got back into playing league again today and this happens. bleh I will try the beta drivers people are posting. HD 7700 series

Brodzy

01-18-2013

I think it is the Graphics Card. I have an AMD Radeon and I have the same issue :/

Rentacle Tape 69

01-18-2013