Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginna

01-18-2013

I installed the new 13.1 drivers everything was fine but now and them I'm getting the flicker so that's not a 100% fix.

laz3r

01-18-2013

Neither 13.1 nor beta drivers solved the flickering for me.

Running Win 7 64bit with a Radeon 7850 card.

TheLegit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegit View Post
AMD just released their Catalyst 13.1 drivers, should fix it.
Fixed my flashing; I am running an AMD Radeon 7800 series with 13.1 drivers. Played 4 games straight, not a single flash.

Tyconderoga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegit View Post
Fixed my flashing; I am running an AMD Radeon 7800 series with 13.1 drivers. Played 4 games straight, not a single flash.
are you running it on Windows 8?

Jaqen Hghar

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.
The 12.11 Beta Driver does not fix the issue for myself. I've been using it since the release date as it was the most stable driver for my PC and the games I play. I don't want to use the newly released 13.1 Driver quite yet until it has been found stable and more testing has been done.

Tyconderoga

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by liekuherdiso View Post
The 12.11 Beta Drivers did not fix the issue. I've been using them since the release date as it was the most stable driver for my PC and the games I play.
Here's referring to the new AMD Catalyst Software Suite Version 13.1
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...ersion131.aspx

Get Swoll Son

01-18-2013

I used driver sweeper in the end and re-installed the beta drivers. It fixed the flashing and ghost UI, but instead of a rock solid 280-320FPS on max settings at 1920x1080, I now get a wildly varying 80-190FPS, with drops as low as 20-30, according to FRAPS.

So this 'fix' has massively degraded performance.

Sort it out, Riot.

P.S. 7850 on W7 x64

Lshrsh

01-18-2013

Why would you ever need more than 60 FPS ever unless you have a 120hz monitor?

The 13.1 AMD drivers fixed the issue:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx

Official release drivers are typically more stable than the beta release, so if you are using Catalyst 12.11 beta drivers, upgrade to t 13.1

Linshon

01-18-2013

New AMD Drivers (Not beta, actual update through catalyst), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit + Raedon 7970 working fine.

omgStomp

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.
The Beta drivers didn't work for me I'm also running a 7850. Please fix