Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prune

01-18-2013

Downloading the new drivers, hopefully they work... i'm just nervous about this happening again with another patch. can only hope it's picked up on the PBE, if there ever is a next time.

Tyconderoga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

I removed and installed the new 13.1 catalyst driver, but when it finishes it has a warning message, then when i launch the CCC the version is still 12.10 I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. the problem still persists in game.

TomyGuns

01-18-2013

Hey folks, ive been struggling with this as well, i have an amd x3 440, with a hd7870, a friend of mine has the same on an i5, with a 7750.. i had the 12.10 cata drivers, and he had the 12.11 cata drivers, i installed the 12.11, and also installed the CAP addition.. not sure if that was needed in the end.. but when i checked the settings i found:

under Gaming -> 3D Application Settings ->

there is an option called Wait for vertical refresh.

If u set this to Quality, it means that vSync is Always On.

I think, the option for Vsync is bugged in game, cause it doesnt seem to work wether u turn it on or off... had same problems when i tried that..

Now that i turned this setting to Quality, for Always On, it works perfectly.
(u might wanna also turn on triple buffering, a bit lower.. although im not sure if that only works for opengl, but i turned it on as well)

Give this a try for yourselves, and let people know if u experience the same.

good luck, hope it helps.

grtz T

ps: just read there is now a 13.1 driver... last night there wasn't.. perhaps this is enough.. perhaps the same option works there as well.

Quigglez

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomyGuns View Post
Hey folks, ive been struggling with this as well, i have an amd x3 440, with a hd7870, a friend of mine has the same on an i5, with a 7750.. i had the 12.10 cata drivers, and he had the 12.11 cata drivers, i installed the 12.11, and also installed the CAP addition.. not sure if that was needed in the end.. but when i checked the settings i found:

under Gaming -> 3D Application Settings ->

there is an option called Wait for vertical refresh.

If u set this to Quality, it means that vSync is Always On.

I think, the option for Vsync is bugged in game, cause it doesnt seem to work wether u turn it on or off... had same problems when i tried that..

Now that i turned this setting to Quality, for Always On, it works perfectly.
(u might wanna also turn on triple buffering, a bit lower.. although im not sure if that only works for opengl, but i turned it on as well)

Give this a try for yourselves, and let people know if u experience the same.

good luck, hope it helps.

grtz T

ps: just read there is now a 13.1 driver... last night there wasn't.. perhaps this is enough.. perhaps the same option works there as well.
Tried this before when i googled "screen flicker" 2 days ago. I think it solves a completely different issue on an offset screen. Tried the fix though and didn't work. Just downloaded beta drivers for the AMD HD 7800 and gonna edit if it fixes.

Ginflet

01-18-2013

I have an HIS Radeon 7870 and it started happening right after patch...won't play until this is fixed.

JesusPoppedHisGA

01-18-2013

Hey, Im currently having the same issue with Windows 7 running a Radeon 7900 series 3gb. Ive had the same issue on the PBE for a while. If someone can tell me how to get the DxDiag Ill inlcude it.
thanks

Tyconderoga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalwaste View Post
hey, im currently having the same issue with windows 7 running a radeon 7900 series 3gb. Ive had the same issue on the pbe for a while. If someone can tell me how to get the dxdiag ill inlcude it.
Thanks
you knew about this on the pbe and said nothing!?! Comon!

JesusPoppedHisGA

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyconderoga View Post
you knew about this on the pbe and said nothing!?! Comon!
Ive had many issues on the PBE (BUGSPLAT etc) but they have always been fixed with the next update. My internet is capped so i haven't been able to download the lastest update for the PBE.

Lundivar

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundivar View Post
I do not have any issues with my ATI 5870.

But for those who do & do not want to install BETA drivers, AMD has just released new WHQL drivers 13.1.

Link to WHQL 13.1 drivers here.

Hope this can help.
This has fixed the problem for everyone I know so far with this problem. My original post with link yesterday is getting buried so here it is again.

NinjaMonkee

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
Red quoting this post for visibility. Thanks for the specific info. Any more info or info from others trying the same thing would be helpful.
This solved my flickering. Windows 8 64-bit w/ Radeon HD 7900 series.