Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lewk Live

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyconderoga View Post
This is happening for me as well

* Windows 8
* Radeon 7800 series

Running game in borderless mode
At lowest settings
with framerate on benchmark
Every person who is running Radeon 7000 series download the 12.1 beta catalyst drivers from the website. I had this same problem and now it's fixed.

Kaine291

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchidoX95 View Post
im with the beta 12.11 on 7970 still have that bug...
7870 Double D here

http://youtu.be/wit8YVkjB7s

Kaine291

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewk Live View Post
Every person who is running Radeon 7000 series download the 12.1 beta catalyst drivers from the website. I had this same problem and now it's fixed.
Someone said this before and I'll say it again....this is not a solution.

I check every week for new drivers and have the most recent one installed. As someone said before this does not fix the problem and I'd hate for this to give the dev team the impression that peoples out dated drivers are the reason for the problems...and not the patch.

Baron Maalghast

01-17-2013

Yeah, please stop promoting the the beta driver as a solution. It's not. Riot needs to address this problem themselves. Many thousands of players are suffering from this graphics glitch.

Fairhaven

01-17-2013

Hopefully they fix this soon.

Updating drivers WILL NOT SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I have all the latest drivers for my 7950 and still it's giving me troubles.

Turning off VSYNC does not, and I repeat, does not fix this either.

Riot needs to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Rice Cheeks

01-17-2013

Happening to me too..
Tried changing up graphics and drivers up to date.
Re-installed, etc.

Tested on my bf's computer, older graphics card, same deal.

-_-

This sucks...

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Maalghast View Post
please stop promoting the the beta driver as a solution. It's not. Riot needs to address this problem themselves.
Hey guys,

Just to clarify. The beta drivers do seem to be a workaround. If you're having this issue and are looking for an immediate solution, that's your best bet at the moment.

That said, that is not the "fix" and staff is aware of the issue and working on a permanent solution.

dority

01-17-2013

workaround for what? I have them installed and screen is flickering like crazy

XPloDAF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Uninstalling the current drivers and, downloading and installing the latest beta drivers actually WORKS, i suggest you guys do the same. Just make sure you uninstalled the old drivers first, cheers.

Baron Maalghast

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Hey guys,

Just to clarify. The beta drivers do seem to be a workaround. If you're having this issue and are looking for an immediate solution, that's your best bet at the moment.

That said, that is not the "fix" and staff is aware of the issue and working on a permanent solution.
Some say it fixes the flickering for them, others say it doesn't, and still others say it creates new problems such as BSoD, CTD, and other graphical glitches. If you play games other than LoL you'll also experience problems like this. So, no, I wouldn't say updating to the beta patch is a viable solution at all, even for the short term.