Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UrbanEX

01-16-2013

Was gunna test beta drivers but now cant do that with the queue issues T.T

RivalDragon

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I'd like to highlight this post. We're looking into the issue with the AMD 7XXX series cards. I'll do my best to update you guys and gals when I have more to share.
I really don't want to risk using the beta drivers :/

Sckurvee

01-16-2013

I had this issue (looked like a Nintendo during load screen and game) after a few games (not immediately after patching)... I changed my resolution to cause the game's graphics to reload, and it resolved itself.

I would recommend doing that. change the graphics settings (resolution is probably the best) to something other than what they are now.. you can go change it back later.

NVidia gtx460; other good stuffs as well (as of a few years ago lol)

RoyalJoker

01-16-2013

mine is flashing every now and then, doesnt appear to be as frequent as some on here are mentioning maybe 7 or 8 times a game but jsut started after this patch. Im using the same settings as before but i dont have an AMD card i use an Nvidia Geforce Gtx 550 Ti

Killrazor

01-16-2013

same issue here. 7950. until it is fixed, LoL is unplayable.

How did this not get caught? does NOBODY at Riot use radeon cards at all??

deathmetalfan

01-16-2013

I would just like to chip in and say that updating to 12.11 beta 4 drivers did not resolve the visual artifacting problem. Please issue a fix soon. In its current state, the game is completely seizure-inducing.

Sckurvee

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
same issue here. 7950. until it is fixed, LoL is unplayable.

How did this not get caught? does NOBODY at Riot use radeon cards at all??
I would imagine not... I didn't realize people still bought radeon cards. Nvidia FTW :-p

^^ this is sarcasm btw.

It's impossible for a company to find all issues before an actual launch... they use alphas and betas to minimize the risk, but in the end, they're releasing the game to millions of system configurations that haven't yet been tested, by gamers with habits that they didn't account for, and invariably, things will break.

Give them time to fix their system, and all will be well again.

Makzin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I'd like to highlight this post. We're looking into the issue with the AMD 7XXX series cards. I'll do my best to update you guys and gals when I have more to share.
Thank you for clarification!

Helioes

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deodorized View Post
I wouldn't do that. AMD Beta drivers are trash normally. I'd just wait until riot fixes this.
sorry for delayed reply the beta drivers removed the flicker and i played a game and went to sleep.. have to play some more and see if its still happening

geegeez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

I got that beta driver but i still getting the flashing and flickering problem

radeon hd 7870.