Blood Lord Vladimir 'Kneel Before Me/Vlad' Reverted.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

01-25-2013

Will the Trueshot quotes be put somewhere else?

Tenebrae Corvus

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
I'll check out the recall quotes, shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

The revive quotes and start of game quotes seem to be working for me (I played some PFEZ over break) is anyone else have a problem with them not playing?

We took the quotes out on Trueshot cause they were problematic. Too much noise happening at once, and the charge up time was too fast. Just ended up sounding messy/confusing.
Thanks for the response, looking forward for a fixed pulsefire portal.

Will check more about the revive and start of game quotes; maybe they do work fine.

It's understandable they were removed, audio overload can get annoying. However, could the Trueshot quotes be added with a delay, as you suggested for Aether Wing Kayle's Intervention? For instance, they could play right after it's been shot, as if PEARL is still calibrating or targeting to keep the shot stable.

It's not just asking for the sake of having more, the fact is that PFE is a special and rich skin with a great execution that absorbs you into his futuristic world. So it would be very nice if PFE stays as unique and impressive as it possibly can. The Trueshot quotes would be fitting because they help reflect how PEARL is constantly aiding Ez. Still, it's obvious that it wasn't removed without thought.

Thanks again for your time.

Clitorissandra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Can you elaborate on what's missing on her joke? It seems to be firing correctly on my end.

Her quotes seem to be working as well, I think they are just being covered by the SFX of the shield going up. I'll add a slight delay to the VO to make it more audible.
Jaywatford, to elaborate on the missing sounds on the Aether Winged Kayle, it's not quotes, it's mostly stuff like: "Ugh, Dust in the clockwork." And she only says, "Dust in the clockwork". When you use her jokes, you can barely hear them, she says the joke very quietly. Basically, you can only hear it when you are out of combat, and not doing anything.

Emerald Owl

01-25-2013

This might have been intentionally removed, but Karma's joke about something hitting the fan no longer plays when I type in /j. Just the other one about her dress. D:

Tenebrae Corvus

01-28-2013

Then, bump?

Amorfis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

@Jaywatford, there is another issue - its not about the audio, but about the animations of Scorched Earth Xerath. I know that its not your field, but it seems that quite a lot of skins are missing things, and you're the last Rioter to visit those forums (you guys are hard to catch ). So, would it be possible for you to inform the RED in charge of the animations/particles about it, so he might provide some help or insight? Ive created a thread about the issue in this forum and i've been hoping for an answer... thanks (:

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

01-28-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Will the Trueshot quotes be put somewhere else?
I'm not sure where they would fit to be honest. I don't like putting them after the blast cause they are things like 'Trueshot Charging' and 'Calibrating.' We don't want to make it seem like the trajectory of the missile can change after it's fired. If we can think of somewhere cool to put it, I'm happy to do it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorfis View Post
@Jaywatford, there is another issue - its not about the audio, but about the animations of Scorched Earth Xerath. I know that its not your field, but it seems that quite a lot of skins are missing things, and you're the last Rioter to visit those forums (you guys are hard to catch ). So, would it be possible for you to inform the RED in charge of the animations/particles about it, so he might provide some help or insight? Ive created a thread about the issue in this forum and i've been hoping for an answer... thanks (:
Sure, I'd be happy to pass it on, but I need some more details as to what's not working properly.

Redeemed In Fire

01-28-2013

What about when the cast key is pressed for non-smartcast mode?

Lasac

01-28-2013

Quote:
I'm not sure where they would fit to be honest. I don't like putting them after the blast cause they are things like 'Trueshot Charging' and 'Calibrating.' We don't want to make it seem like the trajectory of the missile can change after it's fired. If we can think of somewhere cool to put it, I'm happy to do it though!
Maybe you could put "Trueshot charging" after the missile goes off screen.
A little flavor for the cooldown.
Or "Calibrating" in the middle of Trueshot barrage cooldown or something.
It would not be calibrating the shot, but maybe its systems.

If I heard the AI say "Calibrating" after I miss with Q or W would be pretty funny too.

Davarian

01-28-2013

Quote:
You could maybe play the quotes whenever Trueshot comes off cooldown.