Visual Upgrade: Annie, the Dark Child

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lancelot Alucard

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroza View Post
If you check it out on lolking the model does indeed smile when she calls out Tibbers, also when she does her taunts, jokes, and when she skips.

As she the artwork ... Yeah, it would make sense for her to be at least smirking but I don't think that it really makes that much of a difference. The only reason I think Riot would change it is if people were being turned off by her frowning, at the same time I don't think Riot would want to try and please people who were so picky as to not use a champion because her splash-art wasn't smiling.
I never said I wouldn't play her if she wasn't smiling. I love Annie as a champion and would play her regardless. However, the point I'm trying to make is why is her default face in all of the models and new splash arts a frowning one. Nowhere in her personality or lore gives any reason for her to be frowning by default. Also, I find it amusing that I'm considered picky for bringing up Annie's personality concerning her frowning but Slay Belle Katarina gets her recall changed on the bases that it doesn't fit her personality or lore. A little consistently would be great. I wish Riot would have gone with the Chinese rendition of Annie (excluding Reverse Annie) because that rendition fits her personality perfectly. Riot did such a great job with all the Visual Updates so far and it really feels like they didn't keep up with the quality of it with Annie's (Note I'm only talking about Annie's model/facial expression. Riot did a great job with Tibbers, the particle effects, and everything else). BTW I'm still going to buy Panda Annie and play her because she is my favorite champion, which is also reason why I must state all of this. Furthermore, this is only my opinion and should be taken as such (an opinion).

Nameless Child

01-29-2013

Can't believe this still hasn't been released...

Sikiares

01-29-2013

still waiting <3

Astrø

Senior Recruiter

01-30-2013

Any ETA on these we are coming up on 3 weeks, and it said with the next patch :/

Sukishoo

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astr View Post
Any ETA on these we are coming up on 3 weeks, and it said with the next patch :/
No it didn't. It said in an "upcoming patch", that could be the next one or sometime after that.

Moroza

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot Alucard View Post
I never said I wouldn't play her if she wasn't smiling. I love Annie as a champion and would play her regardless. However, the point I'm trying to make is why is her default face in all of the models and new splash arts a frowning one. Nowhere in her personality or lore gives any reason for her to be frowning by default. Also, I find it amusing that I'm considered picky for bringing up Annie's personality concerning her frowning but Slay Belle Katarina gets her recall changed on the bases that it doesn't fit her personality or lore. A little consistently would be great. I wish Riot would have gone with the Chinese rendition of Annie (excluding Reverse Annie) because that rendition fits her personality perfectly. Riot did such a great job with all the Visual Updates so far and it really feels like they didn't keep up with the quality of it with Annie's (Note I'm only talking about Annie's model/facial expression. Riot did a great job with Tibbers, the particle effects, and everything else). BTW I'm still going to buy Panda Annie and play her because she is my favorite champion, which is also reason why I must state all of this. Furthermore, this is only my opinion and should be taken as such (an opinion).
"Picky" was not directed at you. I was thinking from a standpoint as someone who drew one artwork, then got the suggestion to change it (which costs some amount of work-time/money) to supposedly better fit a lore. I personally wouldn't change it, at least not immediately, because there is no reason to other than someone NOT playing her because of the artwork ... Which would make them picky.
I didn't say YOU wouldn't play her, or actually anyone else for that matter, if they didn't change her artwork. Its called a 'supposed scenario'; none of the characters or events in it are real, so why take offense?

BibitteDeFou

01-31-2013

Concidering that goth annie will be availible until february 10th, the upgrade as to be soon. I would think next tuesday/wednesday.

I can't wait to play her again, i got all her skins and wait in anticipation that panda annie will be coming soon.

major2master

01-31-2013

what about annie in wonderland?

LiQuiDMarie

01-31-2013

she is growing up!!

Kim Kartrashian

01-31-2013

ANNIE IN WONDERLAND
This skin has been my favorite since 2011, I think? Well anyways I bought this wonderful skin to commemorate my favorite movie in the world Alice in Wonderland. Back to the main point of the subject is this skin still her so called "Legendary" skin and so if this new visual upgrade for this skin could include wonderful new: taunts, jokes, dances, particles, and laughs. I do know this is asking a whole but if this were to happen I would totally want these:

"The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no..." When she see's an enemy or ally shaco. /taunt
Oh, pooh. I'm not afraid of you. Why, you're nothing but a pack of cards. /taunt
Curiouser and curiouser. (walking)
I'm sorry I interrupted your birthday party. Thank you. /joke
Poison? (attacking)
Curiosity often leads to trouble. (walking)
Seems to me they could learn a few things about manners! /taunt
I'm just a little girl. /joke
Of all the silly nonsense, this is the stupidest tea party I've ever been to in all my life. /joke
Her dance would be:
SNSD GEE

Her recall would be a rabbit popping from the ground and Annie is just like surprised.

P.S I love Annie, sorry.