Nami: Her biggest problems remain unresolved.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnderDDT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Reverse the graphic on her knockup. It feels really underwhelming because it is hard to see when it starts and then it feels like it ends too soon as they suddenly are back in the fight. If they were suddenly out of the fight and then drifted back down toward being able to act again, however, it would just /feel/ more satisfying to use.

After that she only needs some numbers changes. Her ult could use a bit more damage, for instance, as even minions can ignore that component of it. Minion clearing is an underappreciated but still important aspect. And the move speed increase on her passive does feel a bit low, all things considered. Stuff like that.

Jesus the Friend

01-25-2013

Nami is still very strong, much stronger than Janna and Soraka.

No buffs.

Qsario

01-26-2013

Stronger than Janna? Her R is Janna's Q, except people don't just walk away from a Janna tornado. Janna's shield is an AD steroid, Nami's E is... only used to land her Q or as a temporary speed buff. Janna's Q is a great clutch tool. Nami's Q has to be set up by other CC (preferably her own E). Nami's passive lasts for a few seconds whenever she uses an ability. Janna's is global, so long as she lives. Nami's W can heal two people. Janna's R heals the whole team (and pushes enemies away).

Nami is fun and I like her, but she feels a lot weaker when I play her. I do think she could use buffs.

Jesus the Friend

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Stronger than Janna? Her R is Janna's Q
Except bigger, with a haste component and actual damage...
???

Quote:
Janna's shield is an AD steroid
If it holds.

Quote:
Nami's Q has to be set up by other CC
If her aim is bad.

Quote:
Janna's is global
3% vs a great deal more.

Quote:
snip
Except Nami has AoE heal and damage on hers on low CD.
The heal on Janna's ult is not substantial and requires channeling.

Quote:
Nami is fun and I like her, but she feels a lot weaker when I play her. I do think she could use buffs.
Nami > Janna.

This is axiomatic. It is a result of power creep.

HearshotKDS

03-07-2013

6 weeks later, Riot has addressed the problem with getting efficient use out of her E. I thought simply changing the graphic to be more informative and noticeable would work. PBE has Riot increasing it's duration by 60%. Why use a scalpel when you can just sledge hammer the MFer?

Silkdawn

03-07-2013

Isnt this classic Riot?

I mean Ive seen this on so many champs, the community comes with many good suggestions (and a lot of bad ones too of course), but then they do something completly different. Not even listening to either the bad or good suggestion. Its like they feel a need to be the developers that "knows this ****", so if we as the community suggests something they immediatly trashes those ideas.

EDIT: Whens the last time youve actually seen a change to any champ that was an idea from the majority of the community? Ive never seen it to any of the champs Ive been following at least.

HearshotKDS

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdawn View Post

EDIT: Whens the last time youve actually seen a change to any champ that was an idea from the majority of the community? Ive never seen it to any of the champs Ive been following at least.
Well, you have your answer: on PBE Nami's E graphic has been changed to add silver orbs around the targets feet for the duration of the buff. It's now easy to tell apart from her heal, and blatantly obvious who/when it's on your hero. This is the sorely needed change to E that I posted 2 months ago and Riot came through. Good job Riot!!!

Masuhara

03-12-2013

nami is the best support in the game right now imo. i dont think she needs buffs but i'll take them.

a big annimation for her e buff woulnd't make much of a difference since most people don't use it correctly.

if ur friend is running for his life don't use e on him for a 1.5 sec ms increase use it on yourself and apply the slow so he can get away.

landing q is not difficult at all, use e on urself aa into q its that simple.

her ult's ms is slow but it doesn't mattter it can be used to initate or stop an intitation if for some reason u still can't seem to use her ult correctly rush a dam twin shadows it works great on her.

having a nami on the team can effectivly hit the pause button on the enemy teams dps for a good 4 seconds.

if u pair nami with other people with knockups like cho or j4 u can cc a team fight without taking any damage at all, there is huge potential in her kit.

use ms quints
armor reds and yellows
mr blues

max heal first then e second

rush a twin shadows and its gg somtimes it don't even buy boots.

HearshotKDS

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuhara View Post
nami is the best support in the game right now imo. i dont think she needs buffs but i'll take them.
I don't think she's the stand alone best but I would bet the round of buffs on the PBE put her into the "S" tier for supports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuhara View Post
a big annimation for her e buff woulnd't make much of a difference since most people don't use it correctly.

if ur friend is running for his life don't use e on him for a 1.5 sec ms increase use it on yourself and apply the slow so he can get away.
I strongly disagree with this point, I think a big reason why people don't use it correctly is because they either dont know its on them, or don't have time to use it effectively when its cast. The PBE right now addresses both of these areas as E has a new graphic and has the duration increased to a whopping 8 seconds. Now, instead of using E on your ADC as they are moving in to trade harass, you have time to preemptively use it. The spells window got a whole lot larger, so it's going to be easier for ADC across all skill levels to get better value out of the ability.

Other than that I agree with a lot of what you said, Nami was already the CC queen of supports. She also has very strong harass potential. If the buffs on the PBE go through, her utility in lane is going to skyrocket, and it's going to make her very, very strong.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

She's arguably stronger than Janna, depending on your team, the enemy team and the situation.
Nothing turns initiating enemy bruisers + team behind them into dead men as a well-timed R.

Nami is excellent and if you check PBE you will see that they are improving the E to be much more visible- which should make her finally played a little more. Prepare for some tough times- a well-played Nami is terrifying. You're going to think twice if you want to initiate on team with a Nami because the R+Q is going to lock down the entire enemy team if they aren't smart about it.