Nami: Her biggest problems remain unresolved.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Foxbyte

01-16-2013

Her ultimate. They just buffed the its missile speed by a good 100 units/sec. It'll still be slow, but landing it shouldn't be an issue (unless you're trying to initiate on someone at its max range, in which case, shame on you). But you already said this wasn't a huge issue, so.

Her E graphic. I'm not sure I can comment on this because I believe it is highly visible. On the other hand, I also mostly use her Koi skin, which is just far more visible overall. (On that subject, am I the only one who has noticed that people don't focus you as much/as quickly with her default skin versus her Koi skin? Camouflage for the win?)

Her passive. No argument there, it's really underwhelming, especially if you look at Janna's first.

Something I think would be cool would be a slow AoE healing aura which is applied in stacks by using abilities consecutively. So if she goes in hard with her ADC and they both get a trade off, the passive would heal them both a bit (similarly to Fiora's passive) and help further cement their advantage over the next couple seconds. It would also help out with the fact that Ebb and Flow is a bit light on the healing side compared to other healing supports.

Then, perhaps to ensure that your ADC has to pay more attention to what you're doing, make it so that each hit of her E also adds a stack of the passive heal. That way, your ADC has to use your E buff effectively in order for you both to benefit from the full heal power. (Max heal power would naturally be balanced around its maximum stack potential, so sub-optimal use of the E could hurt it by almost 50% - 4 stacks instead of 7.)

HearshotKDS

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
Her ultimate. They just buffed the its missile speed by a good 100 units/sec. It'll still be slow, but landing it shouldn't be an issue (unless you're trying to initiate on someone at its max range, in which case, shame on you). But you already said this wasn't a huge issue, so.

Her E graphic. I'm not sure I can comment on this because I believe it is highly visible. On the other hand, I also mostly use her Koi skin, which is just far more visible overall. (On that subject, am I the only one who has noticed that people don't focus you as much/as quickly with her default skin versus her Koi skin? Camouflage for the win?)

Her passive. No argument there, it's really underwhelming, especially if you look at Janna's first.

Something I think would be cool would be a slow AoE healing aura which is applied in stacks by using abilities consecutively. So if she goes in hard with her ADC and they both get a trade off, the passive would heal them both a bit (similarly to Fiora's passive) and help further cement their advantage over the next couple seconds. It would also help out with the fact that Ebb and Flow is a bit light on the healing side compared to other healing supports.

Then, perhaps to ensure that your ADC has to pay more attention to what you're doing, make it so that each hit of her E also adds a stack of the passive heal. That way, your ADC has to use your E buff effectively in order for you both to benefit from the full heal power. (Max heal power would naturally be balanced around its maximum stack potential, so sub-optimal use of the E could hurt it by almost 50% - 4 stacks instead of 7.)
I think the mechanic is an interesting idea, but I don't think Nami really needs any new mechanics, she's already quite strong. I think she just needs a Quality of Life change. Maybe I'm just getting unucky with my AD carries but it seems like 1 out of 3 have issues with recognizing what her E buff is, and when it's casted on their character. Many think its just an unjumped heal.

One thing to note with her E is this:
-It has a different graphic for her default and Koi skin.
-For both it starts with a splash, and gives blue glowy hands effect for the 5 seconds. The Koi skin has a few fish who jump up with the splash.
-Perhaps the biggest problem I think people have: The splash in the beginning is almost identical to the splash from her heal
-The Blue glowy hands are the same color as the splash, and can be difficult to tell apart from the initial water splash for the 1-2 seconds that the splash persists.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a small graphic change to make it more noticable. How many other buffs share a similar graphic with another spell on the same hero, and have an initial period of ambiguity (is this her heal or damage buff?) that lasts 1-2 seconds (thats 20-40% of the duration)?

V0idGravity

01-20-2013

Did I just read her passive is Stronk??
Am I missing something... whats stronk

Acanthus

01-20-2013

You know what would be an enormous buff to her that is rewarded only by reaching her very high skill cap? Making her q into an actual knock-up so it's unmitigatable. It's pretty hard to land.

Ashlea

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavice View Post
I would love the most would be if her ult didn't go on CD if it never casted!
^ this, so much

I have no problems with Nami at all besides this.

anu mara

01-21-2013

I think the E has an interesting aspect in that Enemies are more likely to miss it than allies. I has some nice damage on it.

Armageddal

01-21-2013

Her E is easy to notice. It's no less noticeable than Gangplank's E.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-21-2013

The only problem I have with nami is that her boobs are a bit modest for such a nice curvature. I'd like if her necklace was a bit longer with the chain accenting the curvature or whatever you'd call that. Like how some girls dress modestly then put on a long bead necklace to show whats underneathe with the contour or the beads. Strategically speaking this could make her alot more viable against champs like sona and soraka

Dark Kuno

01-21-2013

Her passive is a bit weak but I find her biggest problems are the lackluster nature of her E and her mana costs.

I can deal with her passive being mediocre if I wasn't forced to go early chalice just to keep mana in lane. And her mana hungry nature is only getting worse with the reduction of her Q's cool down.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
Her passive is a bit weak but I find her biggest problems are the lackluster nature of her E and her mana costs.

I can deal with her passive being mediocre if I wasn't forced to go early chalice just to keep mana in lane. And her mana hungry nature is only getting worse with the reduction of her Q's cool down.
I almost never build chalice on nami and I rarely have mana issues