Proof the tribunal is just luck of the draw

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WeetoX

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
No...at this point...you are the one who isn't getting it. I'll address your post.

In other words 'agree with me or you ae wrong', which is a blatant fallacy to use. Also, people do not get banned for 'a few things said in a game'. They get banned for a pattern of misbehaviour throughout their matches.

To me, this sounds as a way to limit the responsibility you have to take for your actions by attempting to limit the severity of it.

I agree 100%...in theory.

However, the behaviour displayed in game results in the neccessity of the Tribunal and other behaviour-related initiatives.
Had all players the common decency to treat each other with respect, I can ensure you the Tribunal would not have existed.

No, the mute button is there to prevent further harassment, not to absolve people who misbehave from their guilt. I am convinced people told you that multiple times in your other thread(s) and you willfully ignore it.

Also, It is not about people quitting due to your behaviour or not. It is about enforcing a certain set of guidelines, just like everywhere around you.

I dare to say the average behaviour of a permabanned player in LoL would have been banned out of stores/cinemas/clubs as well at some point. This is not specific to LoL in any way or form.

Because God forbid the possibility that you may be mistaken, right?
Probably one of the most well thought responders, but I never said agree with me or you're wrong, but I guess that's what people do in the tribunal/riot, correct?

I gaurantee you my behavior I got banned for would not get me kicked out of any clubs/sports teams/clubs (cinemas doesn't really count.. You aren't supposed to talk..) in the real world. In fact, I've never been banned from any game before LoL.

Your example on the mute button works just as well as mine, if you're tired of listening to someone on your team MUTE them, not ban them. I can honestly say that all I got banned for was calling teammates bad or getting annoyed by them because honestly, everyone gets annoyed by teammates, (Which, I never curse at teammates or spam them all game. Worst I've done in a game was call them bad and then respond to them when they said something back) it's just those who can hold it in or not say anything at all that don't get banned.

Yes, I shouldn't call teammates bad or stupid, but honestly, there really are certain teammates that should never ever play ranked. That's a fact. I was 1400 going up in my placement matches and dropped down to 1200 because of afkers literally 5 games in a row, then feeders, (I went 34-15-16 with 3 penta kills and 4 quadra kills in one game as katarina and lost. And no, I didn't just steal kills from my teammates all game, my kills mainly came from team fights/baron fights, my team was just negative all game. But that's typical. A typical game for me in ranked is me mid or adc and I will be 10/11 and 2-5 deaths average, with a 2/8 top and jungle, an ok support, and then the adc/mid (whichever role I don't go, is always negative).
When you get bad teammates nearly every game, it happens. You call them bad. Because honestly, it's very frustrating, especially that one time I got paired with this guy 4 games in a row, yes, I should of dodged, but it's still ridiculous. I guess I assumed he would finally have a good game.

The community is messed up in general. We get banned for having to deal with the trolls, extremely bad players, if you want to dodge a queue, YOU have to wait 30 minutes if you dodge them/someone.. YOU get banned for having to deal with them. Riot doesn't make sense.

Ronnie Law

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeetoX View Post
Probably one of the most well thought responders, but I never said agree with me or you're wrong, but I guess that's what people do in the tribunal/riot, correct?

I gaurantee you my behavior I got banned for would not get me kicked out of any clubs/sports teams/clubs (cinemas doesn't really count.. You aren't supposed to talk..) in the real world. In fact, I've never been banned from any game before LoL.

Your example on the mute button works just as well as mine, if you're tired of listening to someone on your team MUTE them, not ban them. I can honestly say that all I got banned for was calling teammates bad or getting annoyed by them because honestly, everyone gets annoyed by teammates, (Which, I never curse at teammates or spam them all game. Worst I've done in a game was call them bad and then respond to them when they said something back) it's just those who can hold it in or not say anything at all that don't get banned.

Yes, I shouldn't call teammates bad or stupid, but honestly, there really are certain teammates that should never ever play ranked. That's a fact. I was 1400 going up in my placement matches and dropped down to 1200 because of afkers literally 5 games in a row, then feeders, (I went 34-15-16 with 3 penta kills and 4 quadra kills in one game as katarina and lost. And no, I didn't just steal kills from my teammates all game, my kills mainly came from team fights/baron fights, my team was just negative all game. But that's typical. A typical game for me in ranked is me mid or adc and I will be 10/11 and 2-5 deaths average, with a 2/8 top and jungle, an ok support, and then the adc/mid (whichever role I don't go, is always negative).
When you get bad teammates nearly every game, it happens. You call them bad. Because honestly, it's very frustrating, especially that one time I got paired with this guy 4 games in a row, yes, I should of dodged, but it's still ridiculous. I guess I assumed he would finally have a good game.

The community is messed up in general. We get banned for having to deal with the trolls, extremely bad players, if you want to dodge a queue, YOU have to wait 30 minutes if you dodge them/someone.. YOU get banned for having to deal with them. Riot doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense man.

You gotta understand marketing.

Highly tuned, competitive MOBA with sharp game balance and matchmaking services to
ensure games are fun, balanced and fair.

Yeah, thats great except your demographic is tiny.

Poorly balanced, faceroll MOBA with terrible game balance and matchmaking services to ensure games are not taken seriously and open to trolling, whining and pubstomping?

At least it discriminates evenly, meanwhile look at all the flashy STUFF you can buy.
The people they want playing this game are metasheep who will buy every new champ that comes out, not because that champ is fun, but because that champ is the new OP FotM.
You "Win" LoL by spending money, because the vast majority of this community doesn't even care about being halfways decent at the game.

It's facebook meets pokemon for 90% of the morons that play this game.

WeetoX

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Law View Post
It makes perfect sense man.

You gotta understand marketing.

Highly tuned, competitive MOBA with sharp game balance and matchmaking services to
ensure games are fun, balanced and fair.

Yeah, thats great except your demographic is tiny.

Poorly balanced, faceroll MOBA with terrible game balance and matchmaking services to ensure games are not taken seriously and open to trolling, whining and pubstomping?

At least it discriminates evenly, meanwhile look at all the flashy STUFF you can buy.
The people they want playing this game are metasheep who will buy every new champ that comes out, not because that champ is fun, but because that champ is the new OP FotM.
You "Win" LoL by spending money, because the vast majority of this community doesn't even care about being halfways decent at the game.

It's facebook meets pokemon for 90% of the morons that play this game.
haha.. wow... I couldn't of said it better

EyeHearShapes

01-18-2013

I made a threads awhile back where people posted saying how long they played and if they've been banned or warned . The majority of player never ever received a warning . The range in time played was from the start to weeks .