"Muting a player will now mute that player's emote sounds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRayanami View Post
I made this change to address some community concerns about emote spamming, so you can now choose to mute those players instead of reporting them.

As long as you know, deep down in your heart, that gems are truly, truly, TRULY outrageous.
This would have been nice when robot amumu had a global laugh....

DrBarber101

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDerivative View Post
Shine bright like a diamond... we are like diamonds in the sky.
Lux in the sky with diamonds. Truly, truly, truly outrageous diamonds.

RiotRayanami

Software Engineer

01-16-2013
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuphlas View Post
And with this change we will likely get reported for lack of communication simply because we don't know our idiotic emote spamming ally has been talking to us after we muted him. I firmly believe this is a temporary solution at best.
Yes, our long-term goal is to allow players to disable emote sounds without losing valuable gameplay information (including map pings). Look for this to improve in future patches.

Auspexa

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRayanami View Post
Yes, our long-term goal is to allow players to disable emote sounds without losing valuable gameplay information (including map pings). Look for this to improve in future patches.
You already answered my thread but you didn't exactly answer my request, will you also seperate ping and chat mutes?

And I have a little suggestion

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2999549

RiotRayanami

Software Engineer

01-16-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
You already answered my thread but you didn't exactly answer my request, will you also seperate ping and chat mutes?

And I have a little suggestion

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2999549
We are going to discuss the best way to selectively ignore undesired behaviors like verbal harrassment, ping spams, and emote spams. There are several strategies that we can go with and still achieve our goal of allowing players to ignore certain behaviors without having to sacrifice valuable gameplay information. Separating ping and chat muting is one option that will work, there are a few others that we are considering.

Thanks for your suggestion regarding the chat window, I will look into it.