"Muting a player will now mute that player's emote sounds"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plummo

01-16-2013

Singed should just fling you guys right out of Riots office for ruining his job >:I

Auspexa

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRayanami View Post
I made this change to address some community concerns about emote spamming, so you can now choose to mute those players instead of reporting them.

As long as you know, deep down in your heart, that gems are truly, truly, TRULY outrageous.
This change is wrong. Wrong on so many levels. You should seperate ping, chat and emote muting. Sometimes I can't ignore people although they are flaming because I don't want to miss their pings as they are critical. Now same thing will happen with emotes, why do I have to ignore someone who doesn't flame me but spams Blitzcrank's laugh?

Mute system will not be as effective until you seperate those 3.

Toki Doki

01-16-2013

no longer are my skills inferior

Rismart

01-16-2013

Riot this is a DIRECT LUX AND SINGED NERF, how will I spam their laugh now? D:

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDerivative View Post
Shine bright like a diamond... we are like diamonds in the sky.
GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, Diamonds don't shine. They merely reflect and refract light. This song is fundamentally flawed. Like a cheap diamond. Shine bright like Rhodonite

OneTobi

01-16-2013

Quote:
I made this change to address some community concerns about emote spamming, so you can now choose to mute those players instead of reporting them.

As long as you know, deep down in your heart, that gems are truly, truly, TRULY outrageous.
Thank you.

Rigelina

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
This change is wrong. Wrong on so many levels. You should seperate ping, chat and emote muting. Sometimes I can't ignore people although they are flaming because I don't want to miss their pings as they are critical. Now same thing will happen with emotes, why do I have to ignore someone who doesn't flame me but spams Blitzcrank's laugh?

Mute system will not be as effective until you seperate those 3.
I do wish I could have separate ping/chat mute.

Rumor has it that Lux, Singed, Blitz, and Nunubot laughs cannot be muted. They were going to add Teemo to the list, but decided that the Tribunal FAQ will be updated so that just playing Teemo is reportable.

Gentleman Poro

01-16-2013

ARAMs, now with 20% less troll.

<3

MuDlBoX

01-16-2013

what about:

"Muting players in-game will not remove them or mute them from ur friends list"

is this possible?

Zuphlas

01-16-2013

Quote:
And with this change we will likely get reported for lack of communication simply because we don't know our idiotic emote spamming ally has been talking to us after we muted him. I firmly believe this is a temporary solution at best.