Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why are toxic players allowed to run rampant on PBE?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuuMasken

01-15-2013

The worst players I've seen in this game have all been on PBE. Leaving in incredibly frequent. Why is this acceptable? Why is there no punishment?

DropoftheGun

01-15-2013

they aren't, Riot has closed PBE signups specifically to crack down on this issue.

RyuuMasken

01-16-2013

In this last game, I had an MF go mid with me(because she typed "mid" .2 seconds faster than I could say "mid please" after I already picked a champion), and then call me trash noob **** all game--literally all game--because my ignite's last tick got first blood. Then, the enemy Katarina was trash talking her team in all chat(while MF was trash talking me in all chat), our Skarner started raging and chat was filled with NOOB NOOB NOOB NOOBS LOL NOOBS

In the game I just played, I got called **** and worst Riven NA because our support blitz kept hooking their fed Xin Zhao while I tried to even out a 2v1 top. He then went AFK for several minutes before deciding that intentionally feeding would be a better way to spend his time.

These players are allowed to do whatever they want because there is no punishment for their actions on the PBE. That is unacceptable.

PG Bob Chen

Senior Recruiter

01-16-2013

Waaaahhh

MahogonyMan

01-16-2013

This happens because PBE is just that, a Public Beta Environment. It's not designed to have proper matches or replace the normal regions for any reason, it's there for people who either want to test out potential changes or contribute their opinion to a future bug fix or change. For those (like yourself) who want to play it as a normal region because of all the free RP/IP then your going to have to put up with ****

RyuuMasken

01-16-2013

Quote:
MahogonyMan:
This happens because PBE is just that, a Public Beta Environment. It's not designed to have proper matches or replace the normal regions for any reason, it's there for people who either want to test out potential changes or contribute their opinion to a future bug fix or change. For those (like yourself) who want to play it as a normal region because of all the free RP/IP then your going to have to put up with ****

Why does that mean people are allowed to act like *******s, tell each other to get cancer and die, and ragequit games at the first sign of something going wrong?

The PBE should be held to much, much higher standards than the live server, not lower ones.

the Zetorian

01-17-2013

Quote:
RyuuMasken:
Why does that mean people are allowed to act like *******s, tell each other to get cancer and die, and ragequit games at the first sign of something going wrong?

The PBE should be held to much, much higher standards than the live server, not lower ones.

I have to agree even on the basis of it being for testing and finding bugs in content that would be much easier if the people who were helping you to test it were held to a higher standard. those on the pbe should be those in the game most wiling to help and better the comunity not those who are there to better themselves.