@Riot Help Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormEagle5000

12-12-2012

Malzahar is my favorite champ. Unfortunately his ultimate is is greatest asset and weakness. His damage is fine but its just how easily you can break his ultimate. Its slightly unfair that the new champ Vi is immune to CC affects in her ulti yet Malz and say WW arent. Just make him immune to CC in his ulti. Its bad enough he is helpless while using it. I think it would be fair. The QSS would still do its job. I just hate that some of my favorite champs I cant play competitively due to something that takes away their viability.

Jaxller

12-12-2012

they buffed QSS without helping malz in any way...

i'd say malz needs either e high range on his ult, if he gets stunned it still does it damage but the suppress get's broken and he gains a little armor/mr buff kinda like urgot gets on his ult. also, i'd love if his AOE had a slow added to it, seeing how it's so easy to get out of.

StormEagle5000

12-12-2012

^ I agree. Its not fair to suppress champs to get 0 pro play b/c of one item

Chaos1x

12-12-2012

I agree hes ult needs to get buffed for season 3

Midion

12-18-2012

His ult is far too buggy. Any well-timed teleport/jump/movement abilities seem to be able to break it instantaneously. Think Ezreal E, Master Yi Q, Leblanc W, Shen E, and you get the idea.

Chaz5

12-18-2012

But silencing malz is just so fun...

AuV2 fatTerror

12-21-2012

I would like Riot games to do redo Malzahar completely to make him a viable champion in mid lane only cause some champs destroy him very easily. Keeping his E- (Malefic Visions) and R - (Nether Grasp) and his damage, but changing up his Q and W it would be good especially as he is great late game champ that if he would have a stun apart from his Ult. He is indeed a great champion and one my my favorite's.

A2ZOMG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatTerror View Post
I would like Riot games to do redo Malzahar completely to make him a viable champion in mid lane only cause some champs destroy him very easily. Keeping his E- (Malefic Visions) and R - (Nether Grasp) and his damage, but changing up his Q and W it would be good especially as he is great late game champ that if he would have a stun apart from his Ult. He is indeed a great champion and one my my favorite's.
Wait, some champions destroy Malzahar mid lane? That's news to me.

There is practically NOTHING that can outlane a properly played Malzahar, and all Malzahar has to do to win things that might "counterpick" him is make a minor investment in resistances and then continue his business as usual with endless pushing and harass. His main problem is his ultimate is a single target disable that requires him to commit to it, and he has nothing to defend himself against multiple champions besides perfect positioning.

There are two things that would help make Malzahar viable. Either increasing his ultimate range, or granting him a form of mobility in ANY one of his abilities. Specifically, I would suggest Malzahar gaining significantly increased movement speed for summoning his voidlings. This would give him a situational escape option and just generally improved options for positioning aggressively. Malzahar's laning phase doesn't need to be changed, because it's strong, but easily shut down or limited severely by jungle pressure. He just needs slightly more flexibility lategame to make him more balanced.

Alternatively, increasing Malzahar's ultimate range works, just it's probably a slightly more toxic fix to his gameplay, because outside of being a way to increase his flexibility of positioning, it would essentially guarantee that Malzahar if not interrupted by a gank would almost always kill his opponent during the laning phase rather than just simply outbully them.

StormEagle5000

12-21-2012

He just needs slight help to make him viable again. His damage output is fine its just his ulti. If he is gonna be 100% vulnerable during it they should do something to where you cant break it as easy. I mean you barely get touched and it stops. Any stun, slow, QSS, snare, taunt just lowers his usefulness in game.

Kholdstare13

12-21-2012

Just a little help. His ult is pretty buggy, and is often cancelled BY HIS TARGET with a luckily timed knockback or other cc. Also, QSS/cleanse/allied crucible on malz' target should ALSO force malz out of 'suppress mode'. You don't know how many times my ult target just qss'd out of it without me realizing it and left me helpless while they counterkilled me, when I could have easily fought back with an exhaust and some autoattacks. His q is also very buggy and slow. On many occasions I have hit Darius with it only to have him dunk TWICE with the silence icon still on him. I can assume the first time he was starting his animation while the SLOOOWWWWW q projectile finally hit him, but after that he SHOULD have been silenced, not immediately ult a second teammate. I think this is a generic Darius bug where his ult animation makes him completely ignore all CC, despite displaying the effects. My anivia stuns have had the same thing happen, where stunned darius runs around and still attacks after his ult.