@People who thought Steel Legion Lux was too military and should be girly

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MichaeI Jaxon

01-16-2013

People just want some skin that makes her look like their kawaii anime girlfriend wtfever.

Echous

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
People just want some skin that makes her look like their kawaii anime girlfriend wtfever.
Yeah basically what I thought. But thats blunt and people tend to "OMG downvotes!!!!" blunt comments.

common source

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1;33522654s
...she is actually really intelligent, calculating, and devoted to serving Demacia...
As a scientist! White labcoat lux?

Light-saber lux? double sided like siths

Lite-brite lux? Colorful and lightly pixelated.

SlumlordThanatos

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echous View Post
True, but nobody can deny it was a cool looking skin and I know my friend who loves playing lux

was PUMPED for the animation changes.
I can deny it. It was ****. If it were better, we wouldn't have complained quite as loudly. Bulky, bland, dull, and ugly. It had no color on a champion who manipulates light to fight her enemies.

I'm still wondering how it got the green light.

reynald0df

01-17-2013

Here in my country they say "If you wanna drive yourself crazy, try and please all the people you know", you can't. There's always going to be someone who disagrees at something. Stupid forums got the skin to be put on hold, so now we get no skin at all. They're releasing 4 new skins for Lunar Revel... And we get nothing. Thank you, General Discussion, thank you for ruining a nice skin a lot of people wanted, i hope you're happy

IS13c7fafe7804f7429d10e

01-17-2013

Using the same logic:

Who people think Malzahar is:
Bow to the void, or be consumed by it!

Who Malzahar really is:
*burp* I think a Voidling just came out!

Just a disoriented guy with indigestions. Give the poor sap a break.

Risemix

01-17-2013

It doesn't matter to me how "in character" the skin was. It's boring, and there were already two others more or less exactly like it. That's the complaint. Lux has a lot of fans and we waited forever for a new skin, gave a million suggestions even, and the one they put out is "Commando Lux 2."

The skin itself wasn't even that great, the new animations were nice but the particle effects were loud and unimpressive.

SlumlordThanatos

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynald0df View Post
Here in my country they say "If you wanna drive yourself crazy, try and please all the people you know", you can't. There's always going to be someone who disagrees at something. Stupid forums got the skin to be put on hold, so now we get no skin at all. They're releasing 4 new skins for Lunar Revel... And we get nothing. Thank you, General Discussion, thank you for ruining a nice skin a lot of people wanted, i hope you're happy
Don't blame us. Blame Riot for putting themselves in a position where they would disappoint someone no matter what they did. They had feedback from the past two skins, and they knew about the many different skin ideas for her. There are many directions they could've gone that aren't part of the "magic girl" trope, but they chose to revisit a theme they had already explored twice instead.

Riot had everything they needed to avoid this. They chose to ignore it, and now we ALL are paying the price for their mistake, haters and fans alike.

Doctor Swole

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant1 View Post
A quote from the lore on the wikia page:
"Her colorful attire and disarming smile would fool any ignorant passerby, but the ease with which she wears her battle armor would give any seasoned warrior pause."
Well that quotes not entirely accurate

1) shes not colourful. she wears like two colour. steel grey and some blue pants
2) her smile is hardly disarming she looks like she's shaco crazy. the only way she's disarming is the way a retarrd. noones scared of retarrds.

Defiant1

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxHollyxXx View Post
she is a calculating champ, (she needs excellent aim to use well) but she does have a 'cutesy, girlish' aspect to her personality. seems to me she tries to suppress it. in her background she was *forced* into the military. and as a girl i feel like we kind of need more girly characters. Ahri and Kat aren't girly, they're more dangerous and deceitful
Some good input but can you provide a source for the "forced into military" thing? I don't recall ever reading that, I read that she knew at a young age she was special and wanted to use her powers to do good. Also I would think as a girl you'd want a girly girl to be capable of being strong and hanging with the big boys in the military instead of being sectioned off in the kiddie corner because she comes off as cute on the surface. If you see her as a soldier like I do, you see a strong and capable woman and that is empowering. This just by my reckoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
Well that quotes not entirely accurate

1) shes not colourful. she wears like two colour. steel grey and some blue pants
2) her smile is hardly disarming she looks like she's shaco crazy. the only way she's disarming is the way a retarrd. noones scared of retarrds.
1) Take a look at the wikia page I linked and look at her original classic art, it was very colorful. She looked like a tramp but colorful nonetheless. She was changed into Demacia colors later probably because another artist thought it looked terrible and needed fixing but I don't know the story.

2) I'm with you, I really like it and am a full supporter of asylum lux skin being made (that'd be a non military skin i could get behind) because she actually has past lore from journals of justice that show her crazy side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
Using the same logic:

Who people think Malzahar is:
Bow to the void, or be consumed by it!

Who Malzahar really is:
*burp* I think a Voidling just came out!

Just a disoriented guy with indigestions. Give the poor sap a break.
This made me laugh outloud, well played sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly Muffin View Post
So true, I guess they got tired of Ahri and are coming over here to muss up our favorite champ.