opinions - Xin Zhao top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HyBlaze

01-15-2013

Just wondering opinions on Xin top lane, possibly for ranked.

just looking for opinions no trolling please.

also if anyone has any item suggestions it would be much appreciated. I have been reading some comments and I know that Xin doesnt have many escapes. What items could scale well with xin and help him with this problem?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Far as I know, it's a solid pick. I don't play him myself, though, nor do I play top lane very much, so my advice isn't worth very much =P

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Hes decent. Strong autoattacking combo, good killing potential. Has some sustain too.

However, extended autoattacks pull creep aggro and you wind up eating a lot of damage so you have to be careful when to go in.

Xin is also All-In-Xin. You engage, you are committed. No running off like Wukong, etc.

You have no escape either. Enemy jungler comes along or whatever, you get killed. Ward important.

You also have zero poke. Hard to deal with ranged bruiser attacks like Elise, Gangplank, etc. your only response is to CHARRRGE which can mean you get into bad situations.

Calibretto9

01-16-2013

He's decent. His early game is devastating so if you can get them to overcommit just a little too much you can normally score an early kill. He's also great at tearing towers down in the blink of an eye for whatever that's worth.

My major problem with him (and how I counter when fighting him) is as mentioned above he's all in when he comes in to fight. He's very bad at escaping fights or avoiding ganks so with a little jungle help (or if you get the advantage on him in a fight) you can pretty much kill him over and over.

His 3rd attack sustain is fun (and works on towers), his armor shred is nice but it's a little unneeded in this age of armor shred, but I think his ulti kind of blows. Just my personal opinion but it's not impressive to me. He does have very low mana costs on his abilities - I've noticed when playing him I activate abilities pretty much whenever I want and never go oom.

With his slow and knock up he actually performs great ganks which makes him a popular jungle pick, and if he gets an edge on you he's going to dry hump you to death because you're going to have a hard time getting away.

Cenerae

01-16-2013

Xin's not bad top. His harrass isn't amazing (hit creeps twice with your Q, E your target and pop them in the air, then walk off) but it works. His all-in is powerful so he's a good champion for a jungler to gank for.

He has a bit of sustain, his ult makes him a good initiator and moderately tanky, though using it well takes practise.

He drops off a little bit late game since his scaling isn't all that amazing, but he still has his CC so he'll never be useless.

TeknoWizard

01-16-2013

I prefer him jungle, as I feel it allows him to make a bigger impact with his early-mid game presence. But he can work nicely top lane. Build him with a Sunfire, and you've got yourself a very strong split pusher, who can easily take towers if left alone to push.

Enygm4

01-16-2013

Berserker's, blood, blood, phantom, blood, blood.
Don't play him, he is a champ for noobs.
Down votes I'll summon you!!
Xin Zhao combo (2 buttons) is practically a kill so I think that you need life steal.
Oh I forget it!!!
BLACK CLEAVER plus your Passive =OP

Devious Rogue

01-17-2013

Xin is a situational counter top, not a general purpose top lane. He's much better in the Jungle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Hes decent. Strong autoattacking combo, good killing potential. Has some sustain too.

However, extended autoattacks pull creep aggro and you wind up eating a lot of damage so you have to be careful when to go in.

Xin is also All-In-Xin. You engage, you are committed. No running off like Wukong, etc.

You have no escape either. Enemy jungler comes along or whatever, you get killed. Ward important.

You also have zero poke. Hard to deal with ranged bruiser attacks like Elise, Gangplank, etc. your only response is to CHARRRGE which can mean you get into bad situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Xin's not bad top. His harrass isn't amazing (hit creeps twice with your Q, E your target and pop them in the air, then walk off) but it works. His all-in is powerful so he's a good champion for a jungler to gank for.

He has a bit of sustain, his ult makes him a good initiator and moderately tanky, though using it well takes practise.

He drops off a little bit late game since his scaling isn't all that amazing, but he still has his CC so he'll never be useless.
As said above, Xin has no poke. He's vulnerable to good kiter champs. Landing all 3 Q hits is harder than you would think against certain champs and you can wind up eating a lot of minion aggro (at low levels especially, this really hurts).

Also, it's very true that he has no in-built escapes. You have to be thrifty with your Flash/HP, and even those aren't enough against a strong gank. His Ult DOES help. I've used it countless times as an escape mechanism. Again, however, high CD and it's your Ult... if you're top, you should have a better escape than that.

He CAN scale well into late game, even random game (ADCs have all 6 items) if he gets a bit fed early on. His ratios aren't that great if you think of him as a Caster, but if you consider the fact that he has a mega AS steroid and a fair bit of CC as well as a closer, you can build him heavy AD in some situations and melt someone on the opposite like you're an ADC... who somehow managed to acquire a fair bit more HP than a normal ADC. You can also build him Tanky like a traditional Bruiser.

Either way, his Ult is gold. It is amazing. It's what makes him almost as much fun to play as Lee Sin or Wu Kong. You can use it to peel people off your team mates, split teams in two, knock people into towers, hit stealthed champs or obliterate multiple minion waves in one hit.

Again though, he's better as a Jungler.

Warrrrax

01-17-2013

To reiterate a bit, his ult is INCREDIBLE later on. Really. It makes him a top tier initiator if built tanky with lots of health (i.e. warmog).

At rank 3, he can charge into battle, Ult and get an amazing 125 extra armor and MR if he hits all 5 champs. (25 each).
A xin charging in, doing decent AoE damage with both charge and Ult, and then knocking up a slowed enemy generates a LOT oF THREAT. He gets focused fast. An alistar who butt/charges...everyone knows he cant do anything afterwards. But Xin gets attention.

For those magical 6 seconds, his effective health is more than doubled and he becomes one of the best damage tanks ever. Meanwhile his Ghostblade is up, his 80% AS buff is up, and with a few Q hits, he can Re-Charge an escaped bad guy and continue the carnage. This means even with minimal attack gear, he does a lot of damage and threat during his up-time.

Just remember, in general boosting Health is most effective due to his Ult for lategame. Dont go overboard on the armor/MR. You already get a good 100 armor/75MR from natural progression and runes.

Xela Syab

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyBlaze View Post
Just wondering opinions on Xin top lane, possibly for ranked.

just looking for opinions no trolling please.

also if anyone has any item suggestions it would be much appreciated. I have been reading some comments and I know that Xin doesnt have many escapes. What items could scale well with xin and help him with this problem?
Xin needs early attack speed and movespeed, I consider statikk shiv a good early game option if you aren't jungling, Zephyr costs too much so I'd avoid it. Build whatever boots you need then get tanky dps items like Frozen Mallet, MM, BC, Wits End, Atmas impaler.