Eve Change Clearly Violates Game Design Anti-Patterns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nouvas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

bump

Saaber

01-16-2013

If you check the patch preview video.. he explicitly says that it was NOT meant to be an execution move as people have been using it but they want it to be an opening move.

MrButtermancer

01-16-2013

"Buzzwords to attract attention. Game Design Anti-Patterns are to be avoided. This is a violation of the idea that League is against these unfortunate and unsatisfying mechanic patterns."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
Now GTFO, your attempts to make others look ridiculous only call attention to your own ineptitude and idiocy.
I would ask that you please read the original article before getting your boxers all in a bunch. I'm afraid I'm going to have to slam-dunk this one.

Zilean: "Design is an optimization -- but these anti-patterns are of negative design value, so you should only do them if you get something good in return."

Additionally, the article itself is "Zileas' List of Game Design Anti-Patterns," of which, Agony's Embrace falls under "Unclear Optimization." Game Design Anti-Patterns are bad. Riot is proud of avoiding them. Agony's Embrace, after the patch, has unclear optimization.

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaber View Post
If you check the patch preview video.. he explicitly says that it was NOT meant to be an execution move as people have been using it but they want it to be an opening move.
Yet the seem to forget that she's an AP Assassin, not a Malphite wannabe, ****ing retarded Morello is at it again.

Paladin22

01-16-2013

It doesn't matter how her Ult is used, that is kinda of a BS reason to nerf her Ult, saying it's not meant to be an execution, dumbest thing I have ever heard. She is pretty much useless now.

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrButtermancer View Post
"Buzzwords to attract attention. Game Design Anti-Patterns are to be avoided. This is a violation of the idea that League is against these unfortunate and unsatisfying mechanic patterns."

I would ask that you please read the original article before getting your boxers all in a bunch. I'm afraid I'm going to have to slam-dunk this one.

Zilean: "Design is an optimization -- but these anti-patterns are of negative design value, so you should only do them if you get something good in return."

Additionally, the article itself is "Zileas' List of Game Design Anti-Patterns," of which, Agony's Embrace falls under "Unclear Optimization." Game Design Anti-Patterns are bad. Riot is proud of avoiding them. Agony's Embrace, after the patch, has unclear optimization.
No, it's pretty clearly of negative value.

Best time to use ult? As initiation... on a motherfvcking AP ASSASSIN?!?!?!. So an assassin's ult is for initiation.... what other assassin in the game gets an ult that is totally useless for assassination and instead makes you feel like you just got a really really homosexual version of Galio's ult tacked on to you?

As a:

#1: Melee Assassin.

With:

#2: No other CC whatsoever.

And:

#3: No innate tankiness whatsoever.

You're telling me I should:

#4: Blow my ultimate to initiate a team fight when I am:

#5: Within sight range of every single champion I am hitting with it.

And I have:

#6: Not remotely enough shield from ult, even on all 5 enemies to:

#7: Be remotely survivable when I just put myself visible and within range of 85% of the fast-easy CC in the game.

Please be reminded that I am playing a melee AP assassin with no hard CC whatsoever and no gap closing mechanics other than speed and slows.

Now, please, respond to me again and prove how utterly and completely you have been butt-dominated and become a peerless fanboi of Riot's illogical, pointless, uncalled for nerf on a champion that was not unbalanced and was not in the top five champions in high ranked, unlike what all the lying kiddie b1tches say.

If you don't like how offensively I am communicating, perhaps you should realize that I find it's the only way to get through the miles of glacious waste that make up your, and others' (like you) impossibly thick and foolish skulls.

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaber View Post
Riot's balance team has no idea what the **** they are doing with "execution" style ultimates, so, before they nerf an unintended one that isn't unbalanced, maybe they should get their heads out of their asses and stop designing them so retardedly on the champions that they do put them on in the first place.

Paladin22

01-16-2013

Lol yup well said.

Jonheath291

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
No, it's pretty clearly of negative value.

Best time to use ult? As initiation... on a motherfvcking AP ASSASSIN?!?!?!. So an assassin's ult is for initiation.... what other assassin in the game gets an ult that is totally useless for assassination and instead makes you feel like you just got a really really homosexual version of Galio's ult tacked on to you?

As a:

#1: Melee Assassin.

With:

#2: No other CC whatsoever.

And:

#3: No innate tankiness whatsoever.

You're telling me I should:

#4: Blow my ultimate to initiate a team fight when I am:

#5: Within sight range of every single champion I am hitting with it.

And I have:

#6: Not remotely enough shield from ult, even on all 5 enemies to:

#7: Be remotely survivable when I just put myself visible and within range of 85% of the fast-easy CC in the game.

Please be reminded that I am playing a melee AP assassin with no hard CC whatsoever and no gap closing mechanics other than speed and slows.

Now, please, respond to me again and prove how utterly and completely you have been butt-dominated and become a peerless fanboi of Riot's illogical, pointless, uncalled for nerf on a champion that was not unbalanced and was not in the top five champions in high ranked, unlike what all the lying kiddie b1tches say.

If you don't like how offensively I am communicating, perhaps you should realize that I find it's the only way to get through the miles of glacious waste that make up your, and others' (like you) impossibly thick and foolish skulls.
I love you so much right now XD Well said. I couldn't have phrased it better myself.

G Rex

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristyric View Post
Don't really ever post in the forums but I have to agree with you here. The nerf to her Ult is a bit harsh by any standard. All the other changes seemed completely reasonable but the change from max health to current health is a real blow. I believe this will make eve the only Assassin with an offensive ult that is unable to kill an enemy. It will make her one of two assassin champions whose ults cannot kill period (Poppy and TF being the others if i recall correctly). Sure they don't want it used so much as an execute but come on...anyone standing around under a turret with sub 25% health is asking for it anyway.

Overall though I think its a manageable change which at best may force Eve roamers to trade in their Boots of mobility for Boots of swiftness + Alacrity to avoid those awkward and occasional "Nailed you with the edge of my ult but can't get you into hate spike range." Scenario's. Some might want to rush a Lichbane after your DFG to make sure your ravage nuke takes advantage of that 20% damage buff that will be more wasteful if used in conjunction with your ult. Since I already used a semi-standard build for Eve myself I'll give this Nerf a try before raging out and I certainly won't stop enjoying Eve play. Still, Flat damage nuke would have been better then a current health nuke IMO.
Totally agree with you there. Eve simply cant kill with her ultimate now. Target is 100 hp you deal 15 damage at lvl 6 with your ult :|