Eve Change Clearly Violates Game Design Anti-Patterns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Armageddal

01-16-2013

Technically Eve was meant to be a hybrid. Having her ult deal maximum health caused her to be played almost exclusively as an AP caster. She's an assassin, but a more durable, chasing one.

3mptylord

01-16-2013

They should make her ultimate like Nidalee's Takedown.

It deals 250 / 400 / 550 damage, increased by 1% for every 1% of the target's current health. (although Nidalee's is 3% for every 1% of the target's missing health) - but my point was that the health-scaling was a modifier, and not the actual damage dealt. This would achieve it's initiation status, without killing it's ability to be used at other stages of the fight.

Or, and I'm just spit-balling mechanics:
Rename it: Theft of Vitae (ode to her original innate ability)
"Deals 15 / 20 / 25 % of the targets current health, plus 1 bonus damage for every point of health (or 5 points, whatever) your opponent has greater than you."

This gives the spell both initiation and counter initiation capabilities.

Chaotic Butcher

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliton View Post
then build her like a bruiser?!? you cant expect to build like a paper cannon and run in melee everyone to death, it doesnt work aka tryn. At least she gets some sort of shield if she ults properlly. Your argument doesnt make alot of sence because i'm fairly sure J4's ult is about as useless as hers is according to you. At least with her its a hit does decent damage and slows everyone along with giving her a shield. Last time i checked J4 could ult, you can flash, leap, arcane shift, ext ext to get out of it leaving him scratching his a$$.

If your building a melee champ, sacrafice quick pure damage output for a sustainable prolonged output. 1k worth of damage in 2 seconds isnt as good as 3.5k over 8 seconds. If you last longer you can kill more, not blow your whole load and die before anything is killed.
LMAO you say eves ult does decent damage LMFAO have you played her her ult is shi.t no wait sh.it is alot better then her ult now it might as well be just a shield and the shield dont even last that long for 1 for 2 you got to hit like 4 to 5 people for it to be any good and the so called slow dont slow them for very long but thats fine riot is dumb like that and sorry i dont know who J4's is is he a champ you made up also if you use eves ult on a champ like for say annie it will do around 200 damage if that and thats at level 18 go play her and see what her ult is like junk she is a assassin that cant assassin anyone thats not 1/4 health lol well im sure they could have more health then that but you get my point as for her other nerfs i dont mind them at all but she was based on her ult and now she cant go into a fight cause she gets crushed cause her ult does no damage so she cant kill anyone before she has to get out if anything i say buff the damage and take away the shield i would rather have the damage on her more then the shield make her ult just damage like the OP nid spear

RadiantPyrophore

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristyric View Post
Well i've gotten a chance now to try out Evelynn post nerf and I'm somewhat sad to report the huge difference in AP play.

Hate spike:

The damage reduction was hardly noticeable here. I run much more AP then standard (26 from runes 34 total starting) and it was basically the same. On lane this leave the choice of farming or harassing but not both.

Ravage:

Again since I'm running more AP then usual the damage modification were barely noticeable in my opinion. The mana cost however limited my use of ravage by a large degree. Getting a ravage+hate spike poke was already risky, that much hasn't changed at all. The risk is in the effects on sustainability in lane. Every point of mana spent in harassing reduces your your farming ability. Eve's stealth regeneration does help to mitigate this somewhat but unless you're exceptional at spacing and last hitting you'll lose farm while waiting for your mana to restore to an effective level.

The Ult:

The most major issue I find here is that her ult no longer provides any intimidation for the enemy team. if you engage in a team fight with your ult down and it happens to come off cool-down towards the middle/end of the fight there is effectively no point in using it at all. The damage and CC is so minor that your enemies will plainly just ignore it. Respectively its like adding another cool-down on top of her already extended cool-down. Its true cool-down is now "150/120/90seconds + prerequisite:enemies above X HP". This is far to situational to be an offensive ultimate.

It also works less effectively as an escape tool as well now with the range reduced, making its utility severely reduced. Its also one less button to press in a team fight, leaving only your hate spikes minimal damage and your ravage which will likely not be off cool-down soon enough after use to be of any good. The overall effect is that Eve's team-fight value has diminished greatly.

Her Ult overall now lacks any versatility or Utility and only serves a very limited niche role in combat.

The burst combo:

Concerning the ULT+DFG+Ravage, it still technically works but I'm finding that popping my only true CC at the start of the fight is like an early warning bell. The ult hits, the DFG hits, and by the time I'm in for the snipe the CC effect is already gone and I'm weeding my way through a bunch of bodies all beating my face in so i can get a melee range hit onto a target. More unfortunately if I'm not starting the fight, this combo is even less effective. Popping my Dark frenzy can help me reach a target in this situation but then all Eve's escape utility is completely gone along with my shield. Evelynn is not a tank that can survive this scenario even long enough to at as a damage sponge for her team.

Summary:
At the moment AP MID Eveylnn seems to have become a hand grenade, throw her into the fight and she can potentially decimate an enemy but she's only meant for one use(not meant to come out alive). She might find use in a similar manner as a top lane Elise but I have my doubts.

I'm going to keep playing around with builds, as I'm the stubborn sort that believes there is a method for every champion to be viable.
TL;DR: Her ult is now totally and completely worthless outside of when your initiator did such a good job that you've basically already won the teamfight but the enemy doesn't know it yet because they are still busy looking surprised and screaming "OH **** NOOOOOOO".

Maliton

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmachineares View Post
LMAO you say eves ult does decent damage LMFAO have you played her her ult is shi.t no wait sh.it is alot better then her ult now it might as well be just a shield and the shield dont even last that long for 1 for 2 you got to hit like 4 to 5 people for it to be any good and the so called slow dont slow them for very long but thats fine riot is dumb like that and sorry i dont know who J4's is is he a champ you made up also if you use eves ult on a champ like for say annie it will do around 200 damage if that and thats at level 18 go play her and see what her ult is like junk she is a assassin that cant assassin anyone thats not 1/4 health lol well im sure they could have more health then that but you get my point as for her other nerfs i dont mind them at all but she was based on her ult and now she cant go into a fight cause she gets crushed cause her ult does no damage so she cant kill anyone before she has to get out if anything i say buff the damage and take away the shield i would rather have the damage on her more then the shield make her ult just damage like the OP nid spear

You sir need to make what we call punctuation in your sentences. 1st of J4 is Jarvin the 4th. So right there I know you have little to no knowledge of this game let alone its mechanics. To do 200 damage to annie at level 18 with eves old ult you must have had one really slow annie, because that means her overall health was 1000. Thatís not possible at level 18 slick. Also her ult isnít worthless as your saying, itís still a very viable mechanic to use in a team fight, and now itís no longer used as an execution move but more as an initiation. Iím sorry your flavor of the month champion got the nerf hammer but broken mechanics and ones used other than for their desired purpose will get altered. Learn to adjust your game play and stop the endless whining and nonsense your previous post was.

BTW Nid spear isnít OP, itís called avoid it. Avoided skill shot spear = 0 damage. But hell if you canít even hit a single period in your previous post I know your probably not to slick with the computer in general.

Fuzen kuden

01-16-2013

bump

Feedblue3

01-16-2013

GG eve RIP

Feedblue3

01-16-2013

They should just delte Eve already

l33t

01-16-2013

I love how so many people are making excuses for her still being overpowered.

No... they changed her. They need to fix the ulti nerf a bit.

..for you guys trying to compensate. you can nerf any champion and still play them by making some work around. That's not the point.

Elf Elix

01-16-2013

bump. I agree, I can't mid her anymore, and she and khazix were my main junglers prior to patch, but now I have to rush chrystal cepter after dfg just so I can stick to targets. (which is why it was used as a sniping tool by most people)

If there was a trade in this, I would be fine, but it doesn't appear as though we got anything back. Ulti got nerfed, and no change on E, Q ,W, or passive? If all you did was inrease movement speed with stealthed by .00009% it'd at least feel like they cared more about eve....