Vi Needs A Small AS Buff & Here Is Why

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingnedved

01-15-2013

Vi is a melee fighter Champ which relies mostly on auto-attacks to deal damage along side with her abilities

but with a small calculation , turns out that vi is one of the slowest 3 attack speed dependent champions in the whole game

Take a look at this

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...7_attack_speed

Also Vi Can't Afford To Buy AS Items Without sacrificing damage or survivability
& the low base AS cuts out the as from items

Whispy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

She gains attack speed from W passive but yes she should get some more attack speed added to base.

ProfDrDeath

01-15-2013

Maybe 0.658, same as Jarvan?

Another nice thing for all melees would be a decent AS+Defense item (Ionic Spark, how we miss you). Maybe an upgrade for Wit's End (Giving it either more MR with another NMM or maybe some sustain with a Rejuvenation Bead and added to the passive: On-hit, restores (Champion Lvl/2)+1 HP (to prevent excessive sustain in lane)) or something reminiscent of old Stark's?

Phoe Dragon

01-15-2013

I noticed this right away when I played Vi. She is one of the slowest attackers that relies on basic attack damage. Yes, she does gain attack speed from w but you have to reach that 3 on them first in order to get the more attack speed and it only goes up that much as long as you remain to get the three hit combo. I agree, she needs to hit faster.

ChampAtog

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnedved View Post
Also Vi Can't Afford To Buy AS Items Without sacrificing damage or survivability
& the low base AS cuts out the as from items
Get a Frozen Mallet or Triforce as your core item (I prefer mallet) then pick up a Zephyr and BOOM you have the autoattack speed you need, the chase to get those attacks off, cooldowns for your excessive force for more AA resets to proc extra denting blows. Finally pick up a Cleaver and boom, you're tanky enough and you move/attack fast. Surprisingly, a lot of complaints people have about champions lately are solved by buying Zephyr.

kingnedved

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
Get a Frozen Mallet or Triforce as your core item (I prefer mallet) then pick up a Zephyr and BOOM you have the autoattack speed you need, the chase to get those attacks off, cooldowns for your excessive force for more AA resets to proc extra denting blows. Finally pick up a Cleaver and boom, you're tanky enough and you move/attack fast. Surprisingly, a lot of complaints people have about champions lately are solved by buying Zephyr.

man i always buy zypher since i saw spazie using it in a stream on vi
but the problem the the AS items amplifies your base AS which is low to for vi

i tried out once a zypher & zerkers graves & the total AS was 1.3

Kadajko

01-15-2013

Doesn't her Q=>Auto=>E proc her W in like 1.5 sec for more attack speed? I guess you would only have a problem if you miss your Q a lot.

ChampAtog

01-15-2013

I don't think Vaultbreaker procs Denting Blows, however, Vaultbreaker closes gap and denting blows is an AA reset which means you can get your full AA buff from Denting Blows verrrrry quickly with Q-Auto-E-E.

1.3 attacks a second, with 2 AA resets a second apart adds up to about 5 AAs in under 3 seconds, which amounts to 1.6 AS, and remember that you're getting your denting blows buff after just under 2 seconds with that combo, so you're fine with AS, especially if you have a frozen mallet for a slow.

Kadajko

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourthun View Post
I don't think Vaultbreaker procs Denting Blows
You don't have to think, you have to go and read what it does...
Vault breaker applies denting blows to all minions and champions hit.

ChampAtog

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajko View Post
You don't have to think, you have to go and read what it does...
Vault breaker applies denting blows to all minions and champions hit.
That was unnecessarily rude, I missed a line in the middle of the ability description, and looked at the Ability Details section on the Wikia, which is usually where this is listed. No need to be **** about it, especially when we agree on the basic point.