Dominion less toxic..?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

e Zinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Hello guys,

I've started to play one or two dominion games and I feel like it is much more friendly (and therefore more fun) than regular SR, especially ranked.

You can lock in any character, nobody complains, and nobody cares if they win or lose!

Why is that?

MyDeadGrandma

01-15-2013

Because you're starting out fresh.

Don't worry, the eventual weight of having to pick to account for overpowered characters on the enemy team in blind pick will eventually catch up with you.

Do try to have fun in the meantime. I'd personally recommend trying out supports like Sona, Soraka and Lulu. They're very fun (and strong!) when they have a full pot of gold like everybody else.

Blizzmaster

01-15-2013

It's a combination of a lot of things that help Dominion feel less toxic.

The reduced significance of picking "roles", the shortened game length (making it not feel as bad if you lose, since you didn't spend 40+ minutes in game), the quickened game pace, the abundance of gold...

I don't necessarily share your view of "nobody cares if they win or lose". That isn't generally true, but the impact a loss has on you in Dominion is significantly less than in SR.

grifbomber

01-15-2013

people can be toxic in this game but it's alot less common. i don't care whether i win or lose and if i do bad then oh well. that's why i play it.

Stark Midnight

01-15-2013

I think its less toxic because the games are shorter, in SR you have games lasting almost an hour, people spam surrendering, and the stress of ranked. Imagine losing 3 SR games in a row thats like 2 hours of wasted time. The reason why alot of league players seem as if they are bipolar.

HaIfhearted

01-16-2013

Kills are also worth a lot less in Dominion due to the reduced gold they give and the massive ambient gold/experience gain, plus you don't have to worry about "missing" cs when you're dead.

In SR, people make a big deal about dying, especially early on, and that tends to lead to a more negative environment because if you die that tends to cost you a LOT.

In Dom dying is still a bad thing, but it doesn't necessarily mean the end of the world (or lane) like it does in SR, and that makes the place friendlier overall.

Unstable Fury

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by e Zinc View Post
Hello guys,

I've started to play one or two dominion games and I feel like it is much more friendly (and therefore more fun) than regular SR, especially ranked.

You can lock in any character, nobody complains, and nobody cares if they win or lose!

Why is that?
Glad you're having fun but if you continue to just "lock in any character" and "not care" you'll see just how toxic the Dominion community can be.

Dominion does not have ranked yet and draft queue's are stupid long so yeah, maybe Dominion blind normals aren't taken as seriously. That still doesn't mean people like to lose because some guy picks on the random regardless of team comp and then dicks around or d/cs because they DGAF about this mode.

Don't be that guy. A lot of the "toxicity" playing Dominion comes from predominantly Rift oriented players coming into Dominion to dick around, troll, and "not care".

Please don't be that guy.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Drastic comebacks are also a lot more likely in DM than in SR or TT, so not getting down on your team has more value in DM than in the other modes.

Infirc

01-16-2013

Dunno toxic players are everywhere, particularly at low elos, yesterday i got a shen thrash talking a MF and a Lee sin over KDa, score and kill stealing, he did regret being mean and apologized though once he realized thrash talking only wasted time on a gamemode where every precious second is needed, However as you advance in Elo (yes DOminon has an Elo (albeit Hidden), you'll find people far more intersted in palying and growing the community than thrash talking also: Score is useless.

edit: also most of Dominion toxicity comes from players with SR "mainmode" DGAF attittudes mindset anyways once you advance in the Dominion ELo ladder the number of ragers and toxic players you get is greatly diminished. as Opposed To Sr where Higher the Elo, higher the rage.

Aslo you ahve to keep in mind that even the kindest players will have their bad days and can be moody from time to time as a result Dominion players are not ecent form that.

wingstreet

01-16-2013

kassadin.

once you climb elo a bit you will see there is a meta and people do care about dominion.. it doesnt stay that care free forever.