Any tips on annie?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikruti

01-17-2013

That's a great point, lots of Annie's like to tibbers bomb and then sort of let him do his own thing. Now that hitting R can move him around, he's very easy to position and has very good DPS output just existing. Just the other night I actually got a couple of kills from Tibbers punching them.

One neat thing, Tibber's fire aura procs the BFT.

Fabs457

01-17-2013

Don't be afraid to switch to/from bot on her. I find a lot of people underestimate her burst potential

Tibbers for me bugs a bit if you use R to move him around (there are reports of this on bug forums)---he will walk to but not attack. I find using alt has him using his melee attacks more

Defendi

01-17-2013

My advice would be to start thinking for yourself. People are trying their best to make this Annie situation work in Dom when she was never a top pick or even an off hand pick before this patch. Think for yourselves players. Nothing was changed besides the durations of Molten Shield--which sucked then and sucks now. Do not hop on these bandwagons so fast.

Xavderion

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
Nothing was changed besides the durations of Molten Shield--which sucked then and sucks now.
Yeah 83% shield uptime @ full cdr really does suck.

ShinySylvee

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defendi View Post
My advice would be to start thinking for yourself. People are trying their best to make this Annie situation work in Dom when she was never a top pick or even an off hand pick before this patch. Think for yourselves players. Nothing was changed besides the durations of Molten Shield--which sucked then and sucks now. Do not hop on these bandwagons so fast.
What? I've been playing annie before this patch, and I know quite a few other people that have been too. How about you stop assuming things and getting hostile to people that haven't done anything wrong? And if you really think that she wasn't good even before this patch, then you've never seen a good annie before. She was honestly one of the better non-assassin mages out there before this change, and this makes her even better.

MMKH

01-17-2013

I actually had good luck playing her bot lane. She can beat out more champs than you would expect. Wave clear, spammable harass, hard CC, and heavy burst. Her shield also makes her harder to kill as an auto-attacker. BFT works with all her abilities, including the sunfire-passive AOE on Tibbers. OP

MyDeadGrandma

01-17-2013

I lost to an Annie bot lane yesterday as Riven.

I sat unshaven with a whiskey bottle and wearing nothing but a bathrobe watching the replay for hours.

IDontWasteFood

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
I lost to an Annie bot lane yesterday as Riven.

I sat unshaven with a whiskey bottle and wearing nothing but a bathrobe watching the replay for hours.
Hi-larious.

Fabs457

01-17-2013

Ive won more often than not playing annie before this shield change... top lane or bot lane. She was always perfectly fine on dominion. Not being cheesecake or tier 1 doesn't mean champ = not viable. She was always on the mediocre level of AP casters. That shield change is awesome, not just for the duration itself but faster charge of the 4 cast-stun which is one of the best caster based CCs out there [you will usually get 2 stuns out of it during a single fight].

60mr/60armor is nothing to scoff at. It also procs rylais

Kharlon

02-03-2013

In my experience doing blind pick I have been starting with the recomended items and moving into sorc boots and then rushing wiggles cap for the ap and active. After that I go for ryalis and its been working quite well so far for me.

I have been having plenty of great games as annie as long as you follow general dominion rules and play smart.