A comparison of Move Quick and other speed boosts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rysan Marquise

10-19-2010

I get the Teemo hate lately, and I feel there needs to be some focus on move-quick. It is his worst ability, but has alot of potential. The problem with it is that it is almost a strictly worse version of the abilities granted by other champions. Lets look at comparable speed boosts.

For the record I believe toxic shot would be fine if they made it focused on long-term damage rather than short term, forcing players to spread it between multiple enemies for maximum effect. To that end I will compare it to Twitch's and GP's passives at the end, but that is not the focus here.

Teemo's Passive:

15-35% increase in movement speed. Canceled if Hit, no other bonus.
With Max ranks:
No Boots: 411
Boots 1: 466
Boots 2: 488
Boots 3: 500
Boots 5: 519

Gangplank.
2-10% personal movement speed increase, passively, along with 8-24 damage boost.
increases to 4-20% personal move speed and 16-48 personal damage boost and 2-10% personal movement speed increase, passively, along with 8-24 damage boost aura for allies.

With Max ranks Passive/Active(% of Teemo's Speed):
No Boots: 346(84%)/378(92%)
Boots 1: 401(86%)/433(93%)
Boots 2: 421(86%)/453(93%)
Boots 3: 440(88%)/472(94%)
Boots 5: 470(91%)/498(96%)

Nunu:
25-65% Attack Speed Boost
11-15% Speed Boost
Applies to self and another teammate, can be up 100% of the time.

With Max ranks Passive/Active(% of Teemo's Speed):
No Boots: 362(88%)
Boots 1: 418(90%)
Boots 2: 437(90%)
Boots 3: 455(91%)
Boots 5: 487(94%)

That is right, you and a teammate can achieve 90% of Teemo's speed, in combat, with a 65% attack speed boost, without ever losing it.

Rammus:

I unfortunately cannot give exact numbers for powerball, but I can say that it is at least twice base speed at maximum and averages at least 1.5x speed, making it significantly faster than Teemo while including an attack, a stun, and a slow.

Kennan:
Averages a similar speed to Rammus, but over a shorter time and without acceleration.

Udyr:
Bear Stance: Additionally stuns targets hit for a second. Active provides a 2-4 second speed boost of 15-27%.

Comparison with both during active and average with constant use and no CDR.
With Max ranks Active/Average(% of Teemo's Speed):
No Boots:406(99%)/378(92%)
Boots 1: 459(98%)/429(92%)
Boots 2: 479(98%)/450(92%)
Boots 3: 495(99%)/467(93%)
Boots 5: 513(99%)/490(94%)

That is right, the short term burst movement skill of Udyr is basically as good for long-distance movement, and works in combat, and stuns enemies. The skill almost is never taken to level 5 though, because the speed increase it gives is seen as incredibly weak.

Miss Fortune
Strut, which is just a passive with no levels and has no additional effects. The best 1:1 comparison to move-quick because they function similarly. Speed boost now maxes at 70 instead of 80.

No Boots: 380(92%)
Boots 1: 427(92%)
Boots 2: 443(91%)
Boots 3: 459(92%)
Boots 5: 487(94%)

As a reminder, this is comparing her passive to his skill at level 5. She achieves 94% of the speed of Teemo using boots of 5, at any time boots of 5 would actually function.

I was going to compare more, but you should get the point by now. The skill is disgustingly bad. It needs tremendous increases if it is going to stay in its current form, preferably to at least a 100% increase in speed at rank 5. If it is going to be restricted to strategic movement, it must matter when moving strategically. If it is going to be tactically slow, then it must have additional tactical flexibility.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-19-2010

I think the best thing they could do is just bump his base movespeed to 350ish and just replace Move Quick totally with an actual skill instead of Miss Fortune's passive disguised as a skill.

Rysan Marquise

10-19-2010

I think the best thing they could do is make move-quick a 20-100% speed boost to affirm his strategic role and create more interesting decisions.

That said, I just wanted these numbers to be out there so people realized how bad the problem is.

ezezezez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

make the movespeed permanent.

AstorSapolsky

10-19-2010

350? Yikes.... no. Even if it is an exaggeration... *shudder*

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-19-2010

All I'm saying is that I'll take Teemo the Useful Scout over Teemo the Swift (and Dead) Scout any day, if given the option.

KalosCast

10-19-2010

Just ditch that and give him a dash or sprint move. The fact that he still doesn't have an escape is just sad.

TehNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2010

Do you know what I would think would be awesome? A skill that just negates the CC of a skill. I have two ideas on this.

One: A passive type that would allow someone to not be cc'd(Slow, stun, popup, ect) and then it would on cd where it would take some time to recharge. Think of a banshee veil for cc. CD time whatever. Also it wouldn't stop damage, just the stun or slow effects.

two: An active that could make them slide to the side or something and dodge the effect/whatever. And before you rage at this second idea, all I have to say is Vladimir. His pool does this already.

Rysan Marquise

10-20-2010

Why do people feel uncomfortable with just improving move quick? A large increase is all the skill needs to be useful, and I don't see why people dislike this when it is compared to other similar skills.

Daikaze

10-20-2010

Someone suggested that Move Quick increases Teemo's base move speed and can be activated to remove movement impairing effects.