@Riot: Why does the new league system hide our Elo/MMR from us?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vastly Superior

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongletto View Post
Technically your side has the unfair advantage. But lets keep this as a discussion about why to hide information. Rather than whether or not Elo hell exists.
Me mentioning the term isn't changing the discussion.

I find it absurd to continue playing a game where one side has a clear and unfair advantage. Sure, people come back and win 4v5s; but that's a small minority, and maybe a vote to leave isn't a top priority now, but I think it should be considered.

I've played on both sides of 4v5s, as I'm sure everyone has, and being on either side isn't actually fun.

I've expressed my opinion on the elo changes and don't agree with them.

Shinrasaa

01-16-2013

Wait, if you gain a division, you cannot fall lower? Did I understand that right? So what about players getting carried through duo queue or elo boosting, wouldn't that make balance on teams even worse as those people couldn't fall into their "right" elo again and thus ruin a lot of games?

Fongletto

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWithoutTophat View Post
Wait, if you gain a division, you cannot fall lower? Did I understand that right? So what about players getting carried through duo queue or elo boosting, wouldn't that make balance on teams even worse as those people couldn't fall into their "right" elo again and thus ruin a lot of games?
It's like how when you gain Elo now, it still shows your highest even if you fall below. exactly the same principle. Except you can longer see your Elo.

VanceStubbs

01-16-2013

Am I the only one remembering all those threads about how "ELO doesn't work"

oh and how can I forgot all those threads about ELO HELL!

Shinrasaa

01-16-2013

Yeah, but let's say you are silver rank in your skill level. You have a friend who is a lot more skilled. You duo and he ends up carrying you to gold. However in reality, you arent as skilled as the other people in gold division.

While you had your highest elo displayed before, if you didnt belong in a certain elo, you could always end up falling down again.

But with that new system, wouldnt it end up not displaying the correct level of skill for a lot of players and create frustrating matches for those that belong into an elo? Or do I understand it wrong?

Pure Phoènix

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
Elo system won't work any different, it will simply inform how we move you up or down in your Division. Elo is separate from League Points.
This is a bad idea. 3rd party websites will still be able to track your ELO and Riot won't ever be able to stop it.

Just like Riot can't stop LoLDrop.

Rovos

01-16-2013

no elo but hell still exists.. interesting.

Voidgolem

01-16-2013

because having a jumped-up guy whine at you on the forums because "I R 1800" after being carried 8/10 games in placements and not touching ranked again after that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Having a gold/plat/diamond-leaguer might actually mean something.

Plus visible progress bar instead of nebulous number that the newbies won't know where that puts them, hey?

Draaaaaaavén

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
Elo system won't work any different, it will simply inform how we move you up or down in your Division. Elo is separate from League Points.
You MAY want to make that a bit more clear in the infograph.

LeAlmightyHelix

01-16-2013

Soo will there be an indication to how many league points one has?