Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Why does the new league system hide our Elo/MMR from us?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PaRaDoXaL 2

01-16-2013

How about Riot instead works on making 5v5 games shorter then the current 40 min average.
That is the real reason I do not play ranked, and same for many others. I am not gonna start playing ladder just cause you made it look shinier lolz. I hate waiting 5 mins to get a game with all 10 accepting then having to wait 10 more mins for bans and draft style picking, then usually you get at least 1 dodge at the last second(sometimes 2 or god forbid 3 dodges in row), so repeat all previous steps for another 15 min delay at best. Now we are talking 30 min wait to just start a game then having to look forward to playing out a long try hard 40-50 min game, only being shorter if one side surrenders or has player that does not connect. Can we please just work on shorting the draft process or ways to end the game sooner? Maybe add ranked to blind pick mode. Maybe 3 out of 5 surrender votes should end game instead of needing 4 to end. Maybe every player does not really need 60 secs to pick a champ. Maybe every player does not need 60 secs to think about what champ to ban next times 6 bans. Maybe double death timers after 15-20 mins so games will end games sooner. Fix any of these real problems with ranked and then you will see players return to the ladder system. I am not gonna play new ladder if elo system and matchmaker and game length are unchanged and it just looks prettier at profile screen lolz man no way. Not everyone has time to spend 2 hours on one match that should only take 20 mins. The patch nerfs and buffs are awesome thx for a good patch that changed gameplay.

Exying

01-16-2013

Quote:
Pacyf:
I can tell you those.Your elo is not reset, it will tetermine which division/tier you start with, and your elo wil be hidden form than on.
as to vote kick riot said they are aginst it.

Well, that makes me very sad.

Almost half the games i have lost were because of trolls or afk =[

Hell i would even be ok with a vote option to disband the game cause of that. I believe HoN has that, but could be mistaken.

PaRaDoXaL 2

01-16-2013

If a player does not connect within the 1st 5-10 mins of game, then the game should auto quit and cause a draw. Another flaw that could be worked on instead polishing up the ladder graphics. Fix ladder gameplay, then shine up graphics for score screens. Not the other way around.

Best Furry NA

01-16-2013

Quote:
PaRaDoXaL 2:
How about Riot instead works on making 5v5 games shorter then the current 40 min average.
That is the real reason I do not play ranked, and same for many others. I am not gonna start playing ladder just cause you made it look shinier lolz. I hate waiting 5 mins to get a game with all 10 accepting then having to wait 10 more mins for bans and draft style picking, then usually you get at least 1 dodge at the last second(sometimes 2 or god forbid 3 dodges in row), so repeat all previous steps for another 15 min delay at best. Now we are talking 30 min wait to just start a game then having to look forward to playing out a long try hard 40-50 min game, only being shorter if one side surrenders or has player that does not connect. Can we please just work on shorting the draft process or ways to end the game sooner? Maybe add ranked to blind pick mode. Maybe 3 out of 5 surrender votes should end game instead of needing 4 to end. Maybe every player does not really need 60 secs to pick a champ. Maybe every player does not need 60 secs to think about what champ to ban next times 6 bans. Maybe double death timers after 15-20 mins so games will end games sooner. Fix any of these real problems with ranked and then you will see players return to the ladder system. I am not gonna play new ladder if elo system and matchmaker and game length are unchanged and it just looks prettier at profile screen lolz man no way. Not everyone has time to spend 2 hours on one match that should only take 20 mins. The patch nerfs and buffs are awesome thx for a good patch that changed gameplay.

1. Blind would be slower. People would leave faster, people would argue about roles more, more dodges, more rage, bad idea.

2. 3/5 surrender is actually a good idea. Especially if a duo refuses to surrender. Good one.

3. 60 is needed for both bans and picking your champ, to discuss with your team. So many times, about last second, someone makes another suggestion on who to use.

4. Double death timers would be too sketchy imo....

PaRaDoXaL 2

01-16-2013

1 How can blind pick be slower u have 2 min for everyone to pick instead of 5 mins of bans and 10 mins of champ selection lolz.

2. yup yup

3. naw i know who to ban before queing

4. dead longer = more time to trash enemy base or barron= faster game

Fongletto

01-16-2013

Quote:
Ryedan:
It's because the granularity of the numbers doesn't really mean that much. Someone 30 Elo below you doesn't exactly perform "30 Elo worse" than you. The reality is, you tend to fluctuate in rating, so at any given point there's a large pool of people roughly as skilled as you. Now we simply declare that pool openly, while still relying on the very granular metrics (behind the scenes) to give you guys the best matches we can.

Getting tied up in the specific number doesn't seem to give any positives, except in the highest points of the ladder (which we've addressed).

I doubt Ryedan will see this but, but 'doesn't mean that much' isn't doesn't mean anything. If I was taking bets about who would win between 2 players and one player had 30 more Elo than the other player. I would bet on him.

The question here is, why not show both for even higher accuracy? More data is always better. League has a long history of hiding as much data and information from their players that could help them improve as they possibly can and it really disgusts me. By your logic, why not hide all your ranked stats? I mean it doesn't really mean that much?

PaRaDoXaL 2

01-16-2013

Seeing your elo number is not the problem. Noone wants to go through the long draft process which can be dodged with zero elo penelty is the problem. Sometimes after 1-2 dodges I have to turn game off cause I will not have time to play out a game any longer cause it seriously took 30 mins already just playing the watch everyone pick the bans and do the counter pick each others champ game followed with the dodge if you got outpicked.

Vastly Superior

01-16-2013

Quote:
Exying:
Well, that makes me very sad.

Almost half the games i have lost were because of trolls or afk =[

Hell i would even be ok with a vote option to disband the game cause of that. I believe HoN has that, but could be mistaken.

tell me about it.

almost every single one of my placement matches started as a 4v5, two of them being 3v5s, and I have yet to get out of elo hell because someone gives up first blood then rage quits out of the game.

I don't see how continuing a game where one side has an unfair advantage is beneficial to anyone playing.

Fongletto

01-16-2013

Quote:
Impolite Jerk:
tell me about it.

almost every single one of my placement matches started as a 4v5, two of them being 3v5s, and I have yet to get out of elo hell because someone gives up first blood then rage quits out of the game.

I don't see how continuing a game where one side has an unfair advantage is beneficial to anyone playing.

Technically your side has the unfair advantage. But lets keep this as a discussion about why to hide information. Rather than whether or not Elo hell exists.

Orenin

01-16-2013

Quote:
Riot RoboLions:
It would actually make it harder to move up because your hidden Elo would say, "This guy deserves to be in a lower Tier, don't give him as many League Points until he proves otherwise. And you would climb slower until your Elo caught back up.

Small, reasonably expected losing streaks would not trigger this behavior, but abuse cases (intentionally tanking Elo to gain an advantage) would.

but people trying to tank their elo in the first place WANT to be playing against lesser players. Doesn't making them stay in smurf territory longer actually benefit them?