Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Why does the new league system hide our Elo/MMR from us?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pijji

01-15-2013

Quote:
ObscureClockwork:
y not show us our elo?
at least to ourselves, if not to anyone else

^

and have an option to hide it from ourselves or not!

Xite91

01-15-2013

Quote:
Daemon:
I do not play ranked because of toxic behavior.

lolwut? everyone in my elo tends to be super nice, unless you do stupid stuff AND talk ****, generally one or the other won't be enough, maybe you're the one being toxic?

Daemon

01-15-2013

Quote:
Xite91:
lolwut? everyone in my elo tends to be super nice, unless you do stupid stuff AND talk ****, generally one or the other won't be enough, maybe you're the one being toxic?

Actually, I'm the nice guy mediator trying to get people to cooperate. Usually it doesn't work so I just mute the toxic players. Last season, I got knocked into the 700s at one point. It was terrible.

bLues

01-15-2013

I want to see my Elo. Let me see my Elo.

Also,
I dislike the idea of never dropping tiers. Please address this.

Xite91

01-15-2013

Quote:
Daemon:
Actually, I'm the nice guy mediator trying to get people to cooperate. Usually it doesn't work so I just mute the toxic players. Last season, I got knocked into the 700s at one point. It was terrible.

i'm curious to see your "nice guy" behavior TBH

Krifshan

01-15-2013

The new system does not hide your elo. It obfuscates it.

Just consider new elo to be:
Tier1-6-Division 1-5-LP 0-99

So a 6099 is your "2500+" right now, since tier 6 doesn't have divisions. 5242 is still very high. 2400 is like low tier, and so on. 1100 is the minimum.
And you can easily compare 4325 vs 4125. It's just that the positions mean something. Tens/ones = LP, Hundreds = Division, Thousands = Tier.

The league system basically just encodes the different tiers into a much more obvious, readable progression with mini markers on the way up to strive for. Previously, you'd be at silver saying, "man only need 250 elo to get gold, that's like 200 games!" Now you're at 3-1 thinking, "Okay, just 100 LP and I can go up a division - that's only 10-20 games". Same end result, really.

The only tricky bit is the final tier. Since that one is actually zero sum, it means something more than 2200+ (or whatever Diamond was). It means there are a fixed number of people in this range that we can actually take action with - guaranteed correct size for tournaments, that sort of thing.

The league system is a pretty good rework of Elo for psychological reasons.

Pentakill

Senior Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Pijji:
websites like lolsummoners and lolking should show you your elo even after this change, i think

even though i don't care if it's shown or not, it would be nice

It really depends on whether or not the Elo remains in the packets or not.
They may have completely redesigned everything, which means we'll have to redesign LoLSummoners to work with the new system.
Won't know until it's on PBE.

I'd like confirmation as to whether or not Riot will officially support a ladder beyond the "top players" or not, though. As in listing it on the website and in the client. They've only mentioned support for the Champion tier thus far.

Jamvert

01-16-2013

Quote:
Ryedan:

I'll mention it to Yegg, but I'm fairly certain it was a conscious decision (rather than "well, this has to be sacrificed for the system to work&quot. I know there were a lot of people who were happy that we hid "low" rankings from public profiles while leaving the private value shown only to the Summoner.

Thanks for mentioning it to him! I guess it is something that has probably already been carefully considered, but nevertheless I will certainly miss it.

Ser Robin

01-16-2013

Will matchmaking still assign the person with the highest ELO first pick in a game or will it be randomly determined now?

Fynall

01-16-2013

How can people say it's the same thing? If you reach 1850 and get plat then lose 100 games in a row you'll still be plat (1850) when in the current system you'do go below 700 elo.