[Champion Concept] Rathios, the Reliable Guardian

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Venedicae

01-15-2013

Rathios, the Reliable Guardian or
Rathios, Guardian of Ocean

Art Concept: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3088/002yq.png

First, some notes.
- He’s really simple, I wasn’t thinking of creating a champion with this drawing, so he should be in a deeper place but ok.
- The beast who attacked Nautilus? Hah.
- For the name, I tought about Rathios or Xanthus.
- After the idea, I tought of drawing Nami or Fizz in the background.
- He ‘walks’ exactly as an octopus swims.

Lore:
‘‘A thousand years ago, the oceans were different. All creatures were able to swim around without being afraid of trouble. One day, somewhere in the Conqueror’s Sea, a beautiful female octopus was killed, she got stuck between crumbled rocks. But she left a downward. A little octopus descendant that lived without parents, only with the whales, fishes, sharks and so on. It was easy and happy. ''Just forget the family, I don't need them.'' He said to himself. But when he grew up, he got really big, and all of those cute animals that used to love him, started to fear him, for no reason. He had been abandoned, again. He began to learn about the issues of life, standing by himself and trusting in no one. Rathios, the Guardian of All Seas, used to sleep in some unknown deep place, without any company, just the seaweeds and corals. No one knew this place, or, if someone did, couldn't dare to go in there. Since his mother’s death, he had been alone, lurking in the darkness, preserving the marine beauty and saving innocent creatures from the poisoning and the hunting. He became a legend, some animals can't believe he exists, and some trust him. He was used to all of this, without friends, without somebody to share his secrets and have fun with. But he wants this somebody...He was looking forward for a change in his social side. Someday, swimming under a ship in Guardian’s Sea, looking for some giant kelps to eat, he heard a man talking to a woman, about something. Something called The League of Legends. He decided to join it, maybe something interesting could happen, maybe he could be useful and helpful to them. In the beginning, he was hating everything, too much mess and happy people. ''Don't they hate something? Of course they do...'' He used to think. But, until today, he can’t believe that it changed his life so much.’’

Description:
(For me) He’s deep purple with deep blue gradient in the end of his tentacles and a lucid blue in the ‘suckers’ (whatever it’s called. lol). His eyes are in a bright green. He’s cold, polite but he likes to tease.

His basic attack is a tentacle (Oh, really?)
Passive - Uplift
Every 10th/8th (level 9) basic attack, the tentacle deals +140% damage. If this enhanced tentacle hits a champion, Rathios’ attack speed will improve by 5% for 5 seconds.

Q - Grab the Danger
Range: 915 Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 Cost: 100 mana
Rathios sends one of his tentacles in the target area. If it works, grabs and stuns for 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.9/1.1 second. If he misses, he can send another longer tentacle in 2.5 seconds, but without stun.
The tentacles has 1780 speed.

W - Cat-o'-nine-tails
Range: 830 Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4/3 Cost: 50/60/75/85 mana
Whips two tentacles that do 80/110/160/195/220 (+50% AD) damage in the target area.

E - Back to Black
Range: 950 Cooldown: 16 (in 1st and 2nd ranks) / 12 ( 3rd, 4th and 5th ranks)
Cost: 20/25/30/35/50
Slow: 20%/25%/30%/35%/45%
Sends a black dense smoke that blinds and slows the enemies passing by the target area. The enemy will keep blinded for 1.25/1.50/2/2.20/2.80 seconds

R - Tentacle’s Rage
Range: 830 Cooldown: 30/25/18 Cost: 60/75/110
Dashes to the targeted champion reduces it’s vision by 600 range. Casting again in 4 seconds deals damage.
Damage: 175/260/350 (+75% AD)
Can be used in allies in neutral minions to escape.

Stats:
Health- 390 (+85) Attack Damage- 48.2 (+2.5)
Health Regen- 5.6 (+0.6) Attack Speed- 0.669 (+2.8%)
Mana- 240 (+40) Armor- 15 (+3.7)
Mana Regen- 6.5 (+0.55) Magic Res- 32 (+0)
Range- 600 Mov. Speed- 342

Quotes:
For his voice, something natural and hoarse.

Selection - Come mess with my eight partners, sire.
Movement -
Am I disgusting?
Coming for you, m’dear.
Not allowed to disturb my allies.
Forward, forward, forever.
In the Q - C’mon here.
In the W - Ooh-la-la.
In the E - By-Bye.
In the R - There.
Taunt - (Swims around) There you are. Salutations.
Joke - (While doing a wave movement with the tentacles) Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. (He laughs softly)
Dance- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vbAtnxjPI and then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSWFDABbqmA
And maybe a hidden passive with Nautilus?

Edit: Changed lore and ult.

Other works:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4#post33509454 Cait skin
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3019936 Ahri Skin

Venedicae

01-17-2013

No opinions? Aww.

fishboyliam

01-17-2013

Looks like you put a lot of thought into it. He supposed to be melee or ranged, and how would the missiles look? Would they stretch from his body?

Venedicae

01-17-2013

Ty for the comment. He's AD ranged. (Well he would work well as AP though. His build can be solid AD or with some AS.) Basic attack misseles? They would stretch in a straight line.

SephirothWontDie

01-22-2013

very nice. I enjoy seeing someone think outside the box. most people think of something really fancy, dangerous, gigantic, or sexy. you chose something a little simpler than any of that.

the lore, it could be longer, something more.... descriptive, like, why did he join league? just to socialize or something more? I have to admit, this short lore is a little disappointing.

so, Q pulls them to him, then stuns? if the first misses, he pulls them to him without? seems good enough, although, I would add some sort of defensive debuff to the enemy, lower magic resistance or armor for a second or too, but that's just me.

W, kinda confused about the name, but other than that, seems fine.

E, simple utility, no damage, 2 debuffs. nice.

R, we already have a knock-up spin2win(wukong) and it seems like a reverse version of zyras ult(damage, then knock-up instead of your knock-up, then damage). I like the first one better, if its any consolation. but maybe you could do something more octopus like, maybe clinging to an enemy champion, reducing their range of vision and dealing damage over the duration, bu he can still auto-attack and cast spells. idk, my suggestion, but at least you've got a good idea.

keep up the good work.

Venedicae

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
very nice. I enjoy seeing someone think outside the box. most people think of something really fancy, dangerous, gigantic, or sexy. you chose something a little simpler than any of that.

the lore, it could be longer, something more.... descriptive, like, why did he join league? just to socialize or something more? I have to admit, this short lore is a little disappointing.

so, Q pulls them to him, then stuns? if the first misses, he pulls them to him without? seems good enough, although, I would add some sort of defensive debuff to the enemy, lower magic resistance or armor for a second or too, but that's just me.

W, kinda confused about the name, but other than that, seems fine.

E, simple utility, no damage, 2 debuffs. nice.

R, we already have a knock-up spin2win(wukong) and it seems like a reverse version of zyras ult(damage, then knock-up instead of your knock-up, then damage). I like the first one better, if its any consolation. but maybe you could do something more octopus like, maybe clinging to an enemy champion, reducing their range of vision and dealing damage over the duration, bu he can still auto-attack and cast spells. idk, my suggestion, but at least you've got a good idea.

keep up the good work.
I'll upgrade the lore ASAP. He actually just joined the League to change his boring life... But I'll see what I can do.
W's name is a multi-tailed whip heh.
I liked your idea... And I was already thinking about something with a dash. I'll think about it as well.
Thank you so much for your review!

Venedicae

01-22-2013

Updated!

Venedicae

01-30-2013

boom.