Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

islesofurth

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
[*]UNIQUE passive - Vanquish: Basic attacks have a 20% chance to deal 100 bonus magic damage (doubled for non-champions)

On his chance? I thought LOL was moving away from chance things such as evasion and on hit effects.
wouldn't it be better to have it as every 5th strike or 20 bonus magic damage

or is there going to be something in the near future that increase the % of item activation

exMonsta

01-17-2013

so no more flask with good early warding for supports

Yuri Valle

Recruiter

01-17-2013

Lovely updates,

There is just one thing that really messes up my understanding.
I don't know if it's just me or anything but, usually, when I'm reading things that change such as change logs, It goes like this:

"Moved 'FROM' to 'TO' " no the other way around, I keep reading the news at Riots release notes and I always get confused.

Besides, it seems to me more logical to have the information shown as "what you used to know" to "what it will be from here on" instead of the other way around, It would easier to assimilate that way.

Regards.
Yuri Valle.

Exxtinguisher

01-17-2013

Omg why is Riven and Talon have like everything reduced?
Riven's ult cool downs too much decreased.

IcedBong

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurgerPony View Post
You didn't attach Miss Fortune's ult targeting cone to her?

This..

Jabilesblack

01-17-2013

Happy about everything except the play summoned adds attack turrets... should of only vent out to Champs adds that you can summon multiple of and burn a turret down retardedly fast... now for Annie, Tibers is going to be pointless for helping chase down running Champs

Rollerball

01-17-2013

First you make the jungle harder, then you make it easier again how lame. Definately dont like.

OpprobriumIII

01-17-2013

Buff fizz

kieronz

01-17-2013

Why the Talon Nerf...

Kunailby

01-17-2013

8 Hours Ago
C'ant belive they nerfed evelynn she was so fun to play.. and i approve of what phantxm said !

Quote:
Let's say you both have 50 HP and the other champion is under tower. Previously, Evelynn could flash, ult, then use the shield to tank 1 tower hit. If she wasn't fast enough, she would die anyway due to the second tower hit. Now, if you were in that same scenario, you have to run in, ult for the shield (and let's hope they don't autoattack you before you ult goes off), and ravage and flash out and let's hope they didn't ignite you. If you are lower level and ravage can't kill them, you have to hate spike and ignite and still hope that you have enough shield, little minion aggro, and no ignite on you in order to survive. Obviously, all of these EVE ES OP HUE people are going to say that is a good thing. But now Evelynn is the only burst champion without an ability that can be used as an execute. Not only does she have a really weak laning phase without her ult, her ult has very limited usage now. If you aren't initiating with it, you might as well not use it. I honestly cannot think of any caster without an execution. I cannot think of anyone with a more useless ult in any situation where the champion is less than 100% hp.
i think evelynn was just fine the way she was.. atleast if you kept her ult the same, i dont mind about the mana cost change.. but i think changing her ult was a bit too much !

oh and.. Eve nerfs. Extremely disappointing and, frankly, confusing.

What exactly is the point of an assassin who can't actually finish anyone? If you insist on the change from max hp to current, then at least fix the slow. 30% is barely useful in optimal situations. All your opponents do in lane phase is flash out of it and run like heck for their turret. Eve does not have enough burst (even before the e nerf) to take them down before she's forced to either do mad turret dives, or just waste her ult on nothing. This waste is even worse now that you've increased the CD.

And then you get to teamfight phase. You want a squishy assassin to get super close to the enemy team to initiate, and expect her to live through that fight? She will get cc'ed to death before anyone on her team has a chance to take advantage of the not exactly wonderful slow. Sure, you can wait til halfway through the fight, run in and ult...but you will be crippling your damage.

Please just try to remember what she is supposed to be - an ASSASSIN. Assassins are SUPPOSED to be able to blindside someone and burst them down in seconds. If you don't want her to be an assassin anymore then why not make her tanky so she can actually still be useful?