Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaveDave

01-16-2013

More Pentakill !

Umezete

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
[youtube]drNRCr8KTPA[/youtube]

[*]Muting a player will now mute that player's emote sounds
[/LIST]
Oh thank god, I forgive you for nerfing my favorite champ (lee sin) because this was a long time coming. No more luxs trying to drive you insane.

Givemesometip

Recruiter

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweekster View Post
Why nerf lee sin? You already tried nerfing him once in the past and you just ended up hotfixing it.. he is one of the few champions that actually takes a different level of skill to play efficiently..
I agree with you bro. They really need to stop nerfing lee sin until he turn into useless champion. His skill cap is pretty high if you want to do well with him

Sporadic P0tato

01-16-2013

So I'm loving pretty much all the champ adjustments, the bug fixes, and the added stuff.

HOWEVER (and I may be wrong in thinking this before trying it...), you're increasing the big wraith by 250 health for FIVE GOLD? The big wolf by 200 health for 15 GOLD? The giant golem that ****s everyone up right now by another 200 health for 15 gold? Guys, seriously, I understand what you're trying to accomplish here, but it seems crazy misguided and the jungle is so out of whack and proportion for gold/effort its just getting completely silly. Single target junglers DO NOT need any more help. They may clear slower, yes fine, but generally they also have better sustain than AoE champs (like Mundo, Shy, Naut, etc) and they are almost ALWAYS better duelers. Stop trying to make different styles of jungling the same. We're seeing less and less variety with every one of your changes since the preseason started.

Furthermore, the idea of making "farming junglers" a thing is just never going to happen. Please, I beg of you, join 5 solo queue matches in a row and try to just spend your game farming the jungle. What will happen? You will be screamed and reamed and reported for not helping the team in each game. And then on top of this your lanes will take all the jungle creeps when they are actually worth something so can't farm anymore anyways. This is not fun. This will not change. The mindset that the jungler HAS to gank HAS to help lanes HAS to get firstblood for the team HAS to provide that early edge HAS to provide pressure is dug in way, way to deep in 95 percent of the game's players. Sure it may be fine at the pro level, where a guy can grab a farm jungler and everyone take champs based on that, play accordingly, and be good enough mechanically to not be destroyed in lane. But outside that tiny tiny group this is a rare thing. To add to this, simply farming the jungle IS NOT FUN. Autoattacking things mindlessly with no strategy, no thinking, just right clicking IS ANTI-FUN AND I DON'T GET WHY YOU GUYS SEEM TO WANT TO MAKE THIS A THING.

Quick Edit here: Just to be clear, I get wanting to make farming in the jungle viable if no ganks are readily available; this makes sense and I applaud efforts to do so. HOWEVER, entering a game with the mindset as a jungler of "I'm just gonna farm the jungle all game" and trying to encourage this kind of play is what I'm railing against. It's not fun and it confuses me because it seems at odds to your guys' vision of trying to make the max amount of fun for players in your decisions.

There are threads aplenty with some great ideas (one in particular, suggests swapping the golems with the wraiths, increasing the wraith range, and flipping that wall that the golems were in around to make it easier for the jungler to have and NOT the lane; unfortunately I don't have it saved but it was a fantastic idea and explains it very well), I urge you, beg you, please, please look at these, because with the changes that have been made to the jungle, my main role has become ridiculously not fun, tougher, my item options more restricted with having to get and upgrade that jungling item, my items become more expensive/less efficient, being *****ed at more in general by teams, and I'm still not seeing the increased gold and exp gains that were promised. I've grown tired of having the most assists on my team, the fewest deaths, and second-third in kills and STILL be tied last (or even sometimes behind) with the support in gold gains and levels. It's become so problematic I've all but abandoned my previously favorite role for literally anything else because you get the smallest reward out of all the roles for playing such a now hated, boring, stressful, annoying job. It isn't worth playing.

DeviI Fruit

01-16-2013

That's actually not why evelynn is so hard to beat. Its more because her speed buff is outrageous and I can never catch OR run away from her. But Ill take what I can get. Other than that sounds great

Malumortis

01-16-2013

Yea this is great...Keep nerfing lee sin, its not like he is already useless late game -__-. He falls off so hard.

Arrevax

01-16-2013

Kha'Zix didn't need a nerf.

Alleyside

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

2 things that I've noticed so far with this patch.
I think the lee sin nerf was extremely uncalled for. His position in this current meta was already a bit misplaced (all assasin junglers for that matter) as he only worked due to his nice skillset. Now with a fairly big nerf to his E, I think we will see very few Lee Sin's in high elo and in tournament play as he will just be sub par to other junglers in this meta.

I've also noticed that my ping has increased to a stable 219 up from a previous stable 185. I'm almost certain it's the patch, well atleast has something to do with LoL as I tried before the patch and after the patch getting these results with only the LoL client open on my whole internet network. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

ZkillerZpro

01-16-2013

You nerfed my ONLY mid laner, Talon, I just go read a book now ;_;

White Mage Kris

01-16-2013

"Fixed a bug where champions affected by near-sightedness (Graves's Smokescreen, Nocturne's ultimate) could attack their team mates"

Wait, what?! Friendly-fire?!?