Preseason Balance Update 2 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sestren

01-16-2013

I'm not quite sure I understand the logic behind the Blackfire Torch change...

A common complaint in Summoner's Rift is that AP champions do not have enough lategame options. Overall, AP items are cheaper than AD/Tank and result in a less potent 6 item build. Whether or not this is actually a problem depends on how Riot wishes to balance the game. It's entirely possible to make this work by maintaining AP early-mid game dominance.

Twisted Treeline does not have this problem. Sure, every so often you may reach the 6 item point, but most of the time games are decided within the first 10 or so minutes. This isn't a design flaw... It's specifically mentioned that TT should be a shorter game mode. Why, under this logic, would anyone think that it's a good idea to improve late-game potency of APs while reducing their early game (which has already been proven to be subpar to the 3 bruiser meta).

There's nothing wrong with adding more late-game options for AP on Twisted Treeline, but out of ALL possible options you choose the one specifically designed to counter the types of champions that anyone brave enough to play an AP on that map is going to face (bruisers...). Make a TT specific buffed version of WoTA? Rylais? You know... The items that aren't absolutely required to be rushed by literally every AP on that map.

Suripi Okami

01-16-2013

Well atleast now I didnt waste money on buying the rengar bundle.

My only complaint is that maybe they should have left his stealth alone,because one of the complaints about him is the player using it as a escape method,I think 5 seconds was actually good enough for the intended use when i played him before the patch,but now i'm worried that if the people start using his ulti for escaping all the time instead of for when he is ganking,they might go back to lowering him again.

I think the rest of the changes for him are great,nothing out of balance really,except maybe the heal but only time will tell if its too high of a heal.

Bob the bomber

01-16-2013

Would like to see more champions getting stuff shuffled like Zed

yacota

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

is there a reason teemo's Q still hasnt had its range fixed? lol. we can still cast it from outside the range indicator circle. also not sure if any1 else has this problem but rammus' mana/health bar has a graphical error. ive had this consistantly on multiple computers when i play him. It's the bars that are above ur player modle, not the ones at the top-right of the screen. its distracting but u can at least still tell how much of each you have. just thought id ask =)

KatarinaCatKitty

01-16-2013

So is the new Lightbringer really only made to conter teemo and shaco or when you say "stealthed traps" do you mean traps in brush?

And **** you riot you ruined co-op by adding darius bot now

DUO2021

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZileanUltedJesus View Post
khaz nerf, eve nerf, flask nerf, jungle nerf
*thumbs up*
yeah why you nerf Kha“Zix the jungle with kha it“s too hard he have no early damage... and unexist defense with kha you need an real hardleash or blue will kill you even wolves can kill you at LV1 so DONT NERF KHA“ZIX

VeDo Majka

01-16-2013

Lets nerf all the champs that dont need it, buff people who need nerfs and nerf some more after that. then lets rework a ****ty champ that is unplayed and act like we did something

good job riot.

Bybloss

01-16-2013

Nerfing lee sin , who does like no dmg . Worst move ever. He had good tools , but dmg potential was garbage because it depended on a person landing that first sonar shot .

Galio , one of the most UP champs , had nothing done to him. Sadface

Talon nerf? Talon was easy to counter in the first place. Instead of nerfing the champ , nerf the item that made him like that . The cleaver

Eve , didnt need yet another nerf. Eve is most likely the most changed champion in the game , or so it seems. Taking range from a champ that had no range in the first place is just stupid .

Very upsetting. The LoL i fell in love with 3 years ago doesnt exsist anymore . I might as well go play Dota2 .

Tighten up Riot , your slacking . Any more of this favorability is gonna lose you players .

Rm7000

01-16-2013

Wow huge patch!
Sounds awesome!

VeDo Majka

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenFeather View Post
So I have wanted to toss this in for some time now.

You know having a Guardian Angel is like fighting a 5+ team right? I feel like the item needs to be take out of the game personally, but at the very least it needs to be nerfed like HELL.

I'm personally tired of playing out an amazing kill, then losing to GA. I literally feel like I lose to the item, not the player. I know I'm not alone on this.
No you just suck. no one cares about your feeling on how you lost a "amazing kill"

QQ more